not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

'Touch revisions' and Ambassador visits.

25 Sep 2020, 18:09

Would it be safe to assume that if they haven't happened by now, then they won't be happening?
Also, can any tell me if 'Touch revisions' (where they have a general change of things to try and cope with new ways of working) was a joint RM/CWU initiative, or just RM.

25 Sep 2020, 18:50

Cucumber wrote:Would it be safe to assume that if they haven't happened by now, then they won't be happening?
Also, can any tell me if 'Touch revisions' (where they have a general change of things to try and cope with new ways of working) was a joint RM/CWU initiative, or just RM.

Touch revisions were in the joint statement so a joint initiative.

25 Sep 2020, 19:22

What exactly does a light touch revision involve. I’ve seen no details from the union or Royal Mail on this. Does it mean just indoor or outdoor aswell? Does it mean a re-pick of duties? I literally have no clue.

25 Sep 2020, 20:30

theotherone wrote:
Cucumber wrote:Would it be safe to assume that if they haven't happened by now, then they won't be happening?

Touch revisions were in the joint statement so a joint initiative.

Thanks

25 Sep 2020, 21:31

toonshola wrote:What exactly does a light touch revision involve. I’ve seen no details from the union or Royal Mail on this. Does it mean just indoor or outdoor aswell? Does it mean a re-pick of duties? I literally have no clue.

RM using PDA actuals data perhaps?

25 Sep 2020, 22:01

Never heard of a light touch revision. Would assume it’s similar or the same as a table top revision.

Hard to understand how any revision could work right now when traffic seems to change all the time. When COVID first hit letter volumes fell but parcels went through the roof. Recently parcel volumes seemed to have dropped a little (though still higher than normal) but letter volumes have increased again. With the possibility of another lockdown and the Black Friday/Christmas pressure period fast approaching there is the potential that parcel volumes could became unmanageable. How anyone could plan any kind of revision against that backdrop is beyond me.

25 Sep 2020, 22:29

Zicomurphy wrote:How anyone could plan any kind of revision against that backdrop is beyond me.

And the people who will be doing it.

26 Sep 2020, 08:33

At our office it means doing an extra street whether its warranted or not.Some walks have remained unchanged but not many.

26 Sep 2020, 14:23

swintontillidie wrote:At our office it means doing an extra street whether its warranted or not.Some walks have remained unchanged but not many.

So it HAS been brought in recently then in some places? Our office is screaming out for it needing done, but no one seems to want to come anywhere near it. I've got my own thoughts as to why that is.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1