not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What does 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 rota mean?

25 Sep 2020, 16:06

Sorry for being dense. There are vacent duties up for grabs, quite a few and at the moment im off work. It states that duties are all 1 in 6 rota unless stated. Next to 6 duties it says (1 in 4) but next to two cover duties which is covering four duties it says 1in4 rota.
So does that suggest the single duties have a 1 in 4 saturday but the cover duties mean 4 day week?

25 Sep 2020, 16:22

It basically means Saturdays off , in other words every 4th Saturday or every 6th Saturday.

29 Sep 2020, 10:01

In relation to this.....is there a definitive guide to Saturday off entitlement?.

I have been a 35 hr floater covering 4 rural duties.
Given this position 18 months ago (never seen any actual job description but advised 1 in 6 off)

4 dutyholders are on a 1 in 4, and refuse to acknowledge I may have any right to a Saturday.
Asked P.I.C. initially and answered "will try and find a spare Saturday now and again" - meaning a couple of times a year when there are 5 Saturdays in a month.
Last month rota gave me a Saturday off............then taken off me because apparently dutyholders demanded their right to Saturday off.
Seems seniority is mistaken for rank in my office.

Is there anything official I can view/download to provide any guidance or clarity regarding this.
Hope to have a word with a manager to discuss, but any help appreciated.

Thanks and apologies for jumping on thread.

29 Sep 2020, 10:18

Get the rep with you then go and have a word with the manager would be my advice.You'll only get shrugged off otherwise.If you are being treated unfairly or differently to other members of staff that's not right.

29 Sep 2020, 18:41

solway16 wrote:In relation to this.....is there a definitive guide to Saturday off entitlement?.

I have been a 35 hr floater covering 4 rural duties.
Given this position 18 months ago (never seen any actual job description but advised 1 in 6 off)

4 dutyholders are on a 1 in 4, and refuse to acknowledge I may have any right to a Saturday.
Asked P.I.C. initially and answered "will try and find a spare Saturday now and again" - meaning a couple of times a year when there are 5 Saturdays in a month.
Last month rota gave me a Saturday off............then taken off me because apparently dutyholders demanded their right to Saturday off.
Seems seniority is mistaken for rank in my office.

Is there anything official I can view/download to provide any guidance or clarity regarding this.
Hope to have a word with a manager to discuss, but any help appreciated.

Thanks and apologies for jumping on thread.

Are they Full Time Duties your covering ? if yes you being on a 35 Hour contract are know doubt Booking Overtime Every Week

29 Sep 2020, 23:30

It doesn't really help you now but the likelihood is by April 2022 we will all have every Saturday off work like all those 'have a nice weekend' people do currently.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1