not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Fulham DO Manager's sacking ET : What an outfit that place is

25 Sep 2020, 12:00

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dgment.pdf

Streets of gold my arse, what a s**t show. And what a s**t show RM's legal term are.
Try to read through it if you can, I know it's hard but wtf Royal Mail!

The hearing
We were provided with an agreed bundle of 626 pages. We were disappointed with the fact that many relevant documents were not present in the bundle.
The bundle was difficult to navigate because it was not in chronological order.

25 Sep 2020, 16:30

I'll openly admit I haven't read every word of the 61 page judgement, but from a scroll through I have drawn some conclusions:
1) RM senior management in London appear to be as much use as a chocolate teapot
2) None of these managers have a clue what is going on in DO's on a daily/weekly basis
3) They don't give a toss about anyone who works for the company, be it DOM's, linos or posties
4) DOM's - Don't hide undelivered D2D's in the office, get rid!
The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart

25 Sep 2020, 17:59

ArthurPewty wrote:The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart

I always tend to believe that you can do whatever you want when you work for Royal Mail. :thumbup UNTIL something goes wrong .... and then it's always your fault .... and you could end up getting sacked over it! :thumbdown

Witness the ammount of Bumf that DOMs like to hand out saying, "Read This .... And sign this sheet to say you've read it" :no no I always think, "I bet this'll come back to bite me in the arse if I do something wrong".

I always try and cover my back as best I can, but we're all guilty of not complying to one rule or another. The list is endless .... no one would get out of the office, or deliver anything, if we followed them all to the letter (no pun intended) of the law. :cuppa

25 Sep 2020, 18:51

General rule of thumb is nobody gets sacked for stupidity or incompetence.

You only get sacked for trying to hide the fact that you're stupid and incompetent.

25 Sep 2020, 19:43

Dorset Plodder wrote:
ArthurPewty wrote:The main take home moral of this tale though is no matter what anyone tells you, don't EVER fall into the trap of thinking this company has your best interests at heart

I always tend to believe that you can do whatever you want when you work for Royal Mail. :thumbup UNTIL something goes wrong .... and then it's always your fault .... and you could end up getting sacked over it! :thumbdown

Witness the ammount of Bumf that DOMs like to hand out saying, "Read This .... And sign this sheet to say you've read it" :no no I always think, "I bet this'll come back to bite me in the arse if I do something wrong".

I always try and cover my back as best I can, but we're all guilty of not complying to one rule or another. The list is endless .... no one would get out of the office, or deliver anything, if we followed them all to the letter (no pun intended) of the law. :cuppa

Brilliantly summed up my friend! You really couldn’t make this stuff up

25 Sep 2020, 19:44

Woody Guthrie wrote:General rule of thumb is nobody gets sacked for stupidity or incompetence.

You only get sacked for trying to hide the fact that you're stupid and incompetent.

Ha!,, brilliant

25 Sep 2020, 20:00

Although I do feel sorry for what happened to him I'm pretty sure he himself would have hounded posties back to work with mental health problems and stopped their pay if they refused , it's what most of these muppets do. :cuppa

02 Oct 2020, 15:28

8 days at an ET?
How much did that cost?

02 Oct 2020, 15:53

7 days to chroniclise sp? the bundle?

02 Oct 2020, 16:32

If they are going to start sacking managers for D2D failures I could suggest a few names.

03 Oct 2020, 12:45

clashcityrocker wrote:If they are going to start sacking managers for D2D failures I could suggest a few names.

And I could add the one that told me that the D2D's that didn't get delivered on my duty (others not doing them) would be okay because they were going to shred them into the secure waste so they wouldn't be traceable.

And I'm not joking either.

04 Oct 2020, 22:18

Our office now seems to deal with excess D2D's by sticking them all on whatever walks are on lapse and hoping they disappear. Trouble is very few people have time to lapse.

There's one long term lapse walk that seems to have around 25 sets of D2D's on it now..... :crazy:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1