not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

amazon

24 Sep 2020, 21:29

why r we doing amazon packets again for...i know we do the 1 o clock ones ....but the normal packets have started again :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

amazon

24 Sep 2020, 21:43

because Satan* has willed it so.

*Jeff Bezos

amazon

25 Sep 2020, 06:43

Our office has always had the Amazon contract.

What is rather annoying (if true) is that all these extra Amazon parcels and pkts we're handling we are making a loss on them.

If it is true then it's bloody ridiculous and we should be politely telling Amazon where they can stick all their pkts, although I suspect it's just RM propaganda in the push for parcel automation.

amazon

25 Sep 2020, 12:51

dennyboycox wrote:why r we doing amazon packets again for...i know we do the 1 o clock ones ....but the normal packets have started again :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Because it really makes sense for the company that pays your wages to turn down income doesn’t it .

amazon

26 Sep 2020, 15:54

I’ve just started doing a firm collection and on the manifest they don’t put down what gets bought through amazon website so the numbers are wrong I red x everyday but nothing is done about it. power of amazon

amazon

26 Sep 2020, 21:46

Is it because the Amazon delivery persons quit in short time (bad pay) plus the cost of constant recruiting?
Have you ever seen the same one twice at your door?

amazon

26 Sep 2020, 22:51

Bboingg wrote:Is it because the Amazon delivery persons quit in short time (bad pay) plus the cost of constant recruiting?

Don’t think it works like that. I believe they offer up areas and time slots for work and whoever click accept on the app gets the job for those hours/area.

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 00:03

I've no idea how they work, but from a consumer point of view they're good. I ordered something at 12 pm today and it arrived by 8 this evening. I suspect the work practices that make this possible are not something to be proud of, but if you're average joe public it's what you want. We'll never compete with that, certainly not as we are.

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 09:46

We've never stopped getting Amazon stuff in my office, although the volumes can fluctuate wildly from day to day. It never stops our managers prefacing every announcement about lapsing with, "Now that we've lost the Amazon contract....", despite the evidence before their eyes.

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 10:56

Ozzvaldo wrote:We've never stopped getting Amazon stuff in my office, although the volumes can fluctuate wildly from day to day. It never stops our managers prefacing every announcement about lapsing with, "Now that we've lost the Amazon contract....", despite the evidence before their eyes.

we've had Amazon stuff through our MC all the time but it's normally just for DOs that cover rural areas

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 13:13

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:We've never stopped getting Amazon stuff in my office, although the volumes can fluctuate wildly from day to day. It never stops our managers prefacing every announcement about lapsing with, "Now that we've lost the Amazon contract....", despite the evidence before their eyes.

we've had Amazon stuff through our MC all the time but it's normally just for DOs that cover rural areas

My DO only has 5 rural deliveries out of about 60 total, so we're not really a rural area.

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 21:03

Seymour Buts wrote:I've no idea how they work, but from a consumer point of view they're good. I ordered something at 12 pm today and it arrived by 8 this evening. I suspect the work practices that make this possible are not something to be proud of, but if you're average joe public it's what you want. We'll never compete with that, certainly not as we are.

Exactly, you just can’t educate joe public.

My mum (a highly educated teacher, fluent in 5 languages and someone I like to think of as very intelligent) was waxing lyrical about how good amazon are. I started giving her the usual spiel about them being paid pennies per parcel, not getting sick pay or holiday pay, some having to pee into a bottle because they don’t have time to go off route to a toilet.

She patiently listened then said ‘oh but they are good aren’t they.’

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 22:43

Bboingg wrote:Is it because the Amazon delivery persons quit in short time (bad pay) plus the cost of constant recruiting?

I've not seen him but the guy delivering my parcels for the last couple of Sundays is called James. He phones me, as we have gone out enjoying the great outdoors, and asks if its ok to leave it in the usual place.

The amazon parcel jobs are called "flex" i think. The job gets posted with the first person replying/responding via the app gets the job.
Last edited by Route1 on 27 Sep 2020, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

amazon

27 Sep 2020, 22:47

Route1 wrote:

I've not seen him but the guy delivering my parcels for the last couple of Sundays is called James. He phones me, as we have gone out enjoying the great outdoors, and asks if its ok to leave it in the usual place.

How quaint.

amazon

28 Sep 2020, 09:49

Possibly a couple of busy days coming up with Amazon parcels, Amazon Prime Day(s) on the 13th and 14th of October

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1