not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Door 2 Doors and Part Timers

24 Sep 2020, 18:40

Is there any nationally agreed rule on Door 2 Doors and Part Timers?.....

I am just trying to clarify whether it is my responsibility to throw in all the Door 2 Doors for my frame as a Part Timer who is signed to a duty....

Part Time: 30 Hours.
Delivery Supplement: £20.26 a week.

I am sure I read somewhere before, probably on here, that Part Timers are paid less Delivery Supplement as they don't get paid to throw them in the frame. Is this true? and is the £20.26 weekly payment I get less than what a Full Timer gets?

I have worked for RM for a while now as a Part Timer and never really had to throw any D2D's in a frame. Suddenly I am now expected to do this. This is fine, but I just want to confirm whether this is wholly my responsibility and if the D2D's don't go into the frame and get delivered then my neck is on the line?

Before now I guess it was the managers who would keep an eye on my door2doors and make sure they were thrown off by whomever they could get to do them.

24 Sep 2020, 18:56

the payment you get is nothing to do with d2d payment
no one gets paid d2d money.
delivery supplement is based on your hours
our cage...or callers office get delivery supplement...they dont touch delivery...all cwu grades get the supplement i think
p/time in our office look after there own d2d...if you havent got time its ot really your problem....i might be shot down on that statement

24 Sep 2020, 19:51

The times allowed for prep of D2D's are calculated into an empty frame so I have been informed on numerous occasions,so therefore it would seem that they need to be prepped before a mech is thrown in.

24 Sep 2020, 19:52

Anyone who's "tagged" to a DO gets if AFAIK

24 Sep 2020, 20:13

DB1100 wrote:The times allowed for prep of D2D's are calculated into an empty frame so I have been informed on numerous occasions,so therefore it would seem that they need to be prepped before a mech is thrown in.

ok, if this is the case I shouldn't have to do them?

I have been told all that should be prepped for me when I get in is the mech.... I am supposed to throw off everything else. Not sure if this is the same for other 30 hour Part time workers across the country?

Typically the full timers are on average 15 minutes ahead of me when I get in and therefore also leave about 15 mins before me on average, though some can leave 30mins before me.

I am not sure if therefore it should be more than just the mech that is prepped for me when I get in.

24 Sep 2020, 20:45

surely it depends whether you are sorting for that particular day? Assuming you don't have a total swot who does it all the day before ( :chuckle ) and you start when after the mail is already in the frame, it's the sorter's responsibility? That's how it works at our DO.

That being said, i'm a part-timer and I'll only get involved if im starting early on OT or the person who has thrown it in has f****d it up.

Last week, the d2d's were sorted properly on monday so I took monday's out. Cool. Day later d2d is sorted into monday's again. Day later there's tuesday's AND wednesday's. Next day lino comes up and says "why you leaving all these behind?" "because _____ road has had the same dominos vouchers going to the same addresses for the past 3 days."

I've made the case that if they wanted it done properly I'd happily come in on OT early and do it how it should be done and get my round done early (as opposed to afternoon start and much f***ing around) but they always go on about lack of vans.

24 Sep 2020, 22:36

xPandabear1992x wrote:surely it depends whether you are sorting for that particular day? Assuming you don't have a total swot who does it all the day before ( :chuckle ) and you start when after the mail is already in the frame, it's the sorter's responsibility? That's how it works at our DO.

That being said, i'm a part-timer and I'll only get involved if im starting early on OT or the person who has thrown it in has f****d it up.

Last week, the d2d's were sorted properly on monday so I took monday's out. Cool. Day later d2d is sorted into monday's again. Day later there's tuesday's AND wednesday's. Next day lino comes up and says "why you leaving all these behind?" "because _____ road has had the same dominos vouchers going to the same addresses for the past 3 days."

I've made the case that if they wanted it done properly I'd happily come in on OT early and do it how it should be done and get my round done early (as opposed to afternoon start and much f***ing around) but they always go on about lack of vans.

That's what I am intrigued by..... how the heck do the managers keep up with what door2doors have been done day by day. I was thinking a lot of what you just mentioned happens and leaflets go into the wrong slots on the frame, ones that have already been done earlier in the week.

I mean, say I come in on some days and have time to throw some door2doors in either when I get in or when I come back.....but other days I don't.... what happens the days I cannot do them, does the manager somehow automatically know what I have and have not done and will get someone to throw some leaflets in my frame.

I don't know how it works for Part Timers.

24 Sep 2020, 23:01

norris9 wrote:Is there any nationally agreed rule on Door 2 Doors and Part Timers?.....

I am just trying to clarify whether it is my responsibility to throw in all the Door 2 Doors for my frame as a Part Timer who is signed to a duty....

Part Time: 30 Hours.
Delivery Supplement: £20.26 a week.

I am sure I read somewhere before, probably on here, that Part Timers are paid less Delivery Supplement as they don't get paid to throw them in the frame. Is this true? and is the £20.26 weekly payment I get less than what a Full Timer gets?

I have worked for RM for a while now as a Part Timer and never really had to throw any D2D's in a frame. Suddenly I am now expected to do this. This is fine, but I just want to confirm whether this is wholly my responsibility and if the D2D's don't go into the frame and get delivered then my neck is on the line?

Before now I guess it was the managers who would keep an eye on my door2doors and make sure they were thrown off by whomever they could get to do them.

It depends on the office structure. How was the duty structured during your last revisions?

In our office p/t come in & are only supposed to do dropbag, redirections & tie down. Everything else is supposed to be done. In a neighbouring office the p/t come in, do redirections & tie down.

25 Sep 2020, 02:35

what happens when in our office which is sometimes so busy with packets, that on the 2 dutys involved we are told to prioritize packets, which we do
and leave mail, so when this occurs DTDs are in the frame for at least a day longer , when we do this we are still on time finnish or like today 1hr over,.
absolutely heaving with oversized and normal tracked etc, we work in a large city office. We clear all packets daily the office is clear normally apart from left mail in frames , sign of the times revisions and change may not handle the volume on certain days, with black friday , cyber monday on the horizon.

25 Sep 2020, 15:21

I've written this before and I still believe it to be the case, but happy to be corrected...

Since 1st April, the national standard D2D practice is supposed to be ALL D2D is prepped into the frame before going on delivery on Monday, you only take D2D where there is other mail and the frame does not have to be clear of D2D after Saturday's delivery (addresses with no mail can have D2D rolled forward to the next week).

Some depots insist D2D is prepped before putting other mail in the frame.

Having written the above, I'm not sure if anyone in my section does the above now, but it was kind of complied with back when letters weren't delivered on Saturdays during that trial (and a lot of OPGs were consequently not going out on delivery on Saturdays). Typically it's two columns prepped per day, take where you have other mail, but there are definitely exceptions.

The D2D proposal from that CWU/RM briefing the other day looks intresting! :left:

25 Sep 2020, 16:03

norris9 wrote:

I am sure I read somewhere before, probably on here, that Part Timers are paid less Delivery Supplement as they don't get paid to throw them in the frame. Is this true?

No that is bollocks.
You have a 30 hour contract? Over 5 days = 6 hours/day?
Deduct your 30 minute meal relief entitlement. Deduct your delivery span including travelling time to and from the DO.
That leaves you with your indoor time. What is it realistic to ask you to do in that time?
On some days that might mean doing the D2D prep and on other days not.

25 Sep 2020, 17:07

norris9 wrote:
DB1100 wrote:The times allowed for prep of D2D's are calculated into an empty frame so I have been informed on numerous occasions,so therefore it would seem that they need to be prepped before a mech is thrown in.

ok, if this is the case I shouldn't have to do them?

I have been told all that should be prepped for me when I get in is the mech.... I am supposed to throw off everything else. Not sure if this is the same for other 30 hour Part time workers across the country?

Typically the full timers are on average 15 minutes ahead of me when I get in and therefore also leave about 15 mins before me on average, though some can leave 30mins before me.

I am not sure if therefore it should be more than just the mech that is prepped for me when I get in.

Bit of a grey area,because Royal mail pay you say 6hrs a day,they can reasonably ask you to do anything you have had the proper training for,so they could ask you to sweep the yard or stack yorks.But anything you do use's time so if you have to put D2d's into a frame that has been prepped it's obviously going to take longer than a clear frame, so I would do it and then tell the managers you haven't got enough time to complete the whole walk and ask them what they would like you to do,get a witness to hear the shite that'll come out of their mouths as they insist that everyone else can do it,they might even hint that your contract won't be renewed,nothing is taboo with them

25 Sep 2020, 17:16

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Since 1st April, the national standard D2D practice is supposed to be ALL D2D is prepped into the frame before going on delivery on Monday, you only take D2D where there is other mail and the frame does not have to be clear of D2D after Saturday's delivery (addresses with no mail can have D2D rolled forward to the next week).

We were told that this had ended and it’s back to normal now.

27 Sep 2020, 11:27

If you throw in your own round its down to you, if your round is thrown in for you its down to someone else.
I do the same hours as you and throw in my d2ds, my route also has the most calls in the office but I get the lowest Delivery Supplement! big thanks to the union who don't give a toss about non-fulltimers :Applause

27 Sep 2020, 12:00

sorefeet17 wrote:If you throw in your own round its down to you, if your round is thrown in for you its down to someone else.
I do the same hours as you and throw in my d2ds, my route also has the most calls in the office but I get the lowest Delivery Supplement! big thanks to the union who don't give a toss about non-fulltimers :Applause

They’ll have to care in 10 years when it’s a predominantly PT workforce. Just hope it’s not a case of after the horse has bolted.

As for D2Ds I’ve no idea what the process is anymore. Working in a fairly ‘upmarket’ area it’s not uncommon to have 7 or 8 D2Ds.

I’ve no issue prepping 8 D2Ds into 600 slots (double if it’s a park/loop) on a Monday but it will be a case of which row do you want me to take when I get out at midday.

I just take my 20%, don’t know about others but I hate only taking where I’m going when it’s double slots, gets so confusing. I just prefer to take a column and know I’ve done that section. Makes prepping so much easier too if you throw in your round, then prep the D2Ds into that column. Plus once you’ve tied up you have a clear frame, ideal for double checking you haven’t left anything.

27 Sep 2020, 13:11

sorefeet17 wrote: but I get the lowest Delivery Supplement! :Applause

You get exactly the same hourly rate for your Delivery Supplement as everyone else in the country.

27 Sep 2020, 15:20

It is the duty holder's responsibility to ensure that all mail due for delivery that day is delivered or if this is not possible to inform management of any particular issue.

This applies just as much to the daily allocation of D2D as it does to a tray of 1st class mail.

That is Mail Security and Integrity.

Failure to follow these guidelines can be and usually is considered gross misconduct.

It might not be in the work plan for you to prep the D2D but it is certainly your responsibility to inform management if they haven't been and if management then tell you to prep them then you definitely should because that's certainly a reasonable request. , of course after that if you no longer have time to complete your delivery what is left becomes management's problem again assuming you've informed them.

28 Sep 2020, 19:08

clashcityrocker wrote:
sorefeet17 wrote: but I get the lowest Delivery Supplement! :Applause

You get exactly the same hourly rate for your Delivery Supplement as everyone else in the country.

I liked it before when you got paid for what you delivered.

30 Sep 2020, 21:00

In my office part timers aren't supposed to prep. Door to doors are part of the workload and whoever is meant to prep the duty is meant to prep 1/6 door to doors, as per the diagram.

The problems begin when a duty has more than one prepper, or an arsey prepper says he's too busy. If he doesn't have time he should inform the manager who can find a solution. This never happens of course, he just leaves a pile for the part timer to prep then the part timer has to have the conversation. . Do you want to pay me overtime or should I leave something behind.?

30 Sep 2020, 21:11

Woody Guthrie wrote:This applies just as much to the daily allocation of D2D as it does to a tray of 1st class mail.

All mail,apart from D2D, once it arrives at the inward MC is 1st class. The difference between 1st and 2nd class is built into when it gets processed by the outward MC and dispatched to the inward MC

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1