not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




sick/providing a fit note

23 Sep 2020, 22:16

I was trying to search a topic relating to this specific question but i couldn't find one.

just wondering if anyone can answer this for me as i,ve never been off sick before... how long can you be off sick before you have to provide a sick note?

so for example if i go off sick on a Wednesday, can i go off sick for 7 calendar days and return next Wednesday without having to provide a fit note from a doctor?

or is it simply 5 working days? i suppose they both work out the same if you discount sunday and my day off... just wanted to get clarification on this.

sick/providing a fit note

23 Sep 2020, 22:42

mps27191 wrote:I was trying to search a topic relating to this specific question but i couldn't find one.

just wondering if anyone can answer this for me as i,ve never been off sick before... how long can you be off sick before you have to provide a sick note?

so for example if i go off sick on a Wednesday, can i go off sick for 7 calendar days and return next Wednesday without having to provide a fit note from a doctor?

or is it simply 5 working days? i suppose they both work out the same if you discount sunday and my day off... just wanted to get clarification on this.

Yes a fit note must be provided after 7 days.

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 08:16

mps27191 wrote:I was trying to search a topic relating to this specific question but i couldn't find one.

just wondering if anyone can answer this for me as i,ve never been off sick before... how long can you be off sick before you have to provide a sick note?

so for example if i go off sick on a Wednesday, can i go off sick for 7 calendar days and return next Wednesday without having to provide a fit note from a doctor?

or is it simply 5 working days? i suppose they both work out the same if you discount sunday and my day off... just wanted to get clarification on this.


https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave

Employees can take time off work if they’re ill. They need to give their employer proof if they’re ill for more than 7 days.

https://www.cwusouthmidspostal.org/wp-c ... eement.pdf

Currently calendar days are counted, for example where an attendance was due on Saturday and Monday but not on Sunday this would be treated as one absence
of three days


So Sunday and you day off count unless you call in and say you are fit to work before.

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 15:55

You can self certificate for 7 days, any longer you will need a doctors line.

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 16:28

Cluaran wrote:You can self certificate for 7 days, any longer you will need a doctors line.

Which then takes a week to get delivered from being posted out from the GP surgery to getting it.

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 20:09

greengiant wrote:
Cluaran wrote:You can self certificate for 7 days, any longer you will need a doctors line.

Which then takes a week to get delivered from being posted out from the GP surgery to getting it.

Blame the Postman for not taking the lapsing out!! :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 20:52

7 days self cert, any longer you have to get a doctor's note. When I last had a b2w (my first for RM) pretty sure my lino said "anymore time off after that 2 weeks in the same year you get automatically staged for it.

sick/providing a fit note

24 Sep 2020, 20:54

greengiant wrote:
Cluaran wrote:You can self certificate for 7 days, any longer you will need a doctors line.

Which then takes a week to get delivered from being posted out from the GP surgery to getting it.


For a second I thought "hold on they just give it to you don't they?"

Then I realised.

Sorry. Long day.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1