not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Diabetes controlled by diet

22 Sep 2020, 19:36

Sugar levels high on meds and prescribed diet to reduce sugar levels , do I have to inform business as I am driver, cheers

23 Sep 2020, 09:30

Yes I would if you have an accident best to cover your arse cause RM will screw you given any opportunity

23 Sep 2020, 12:12

Im not 100% on this but you may need to inform the DVLA and your car insurance company (If you have one) as well. Worth looking into. My wife is Type 1 and has to do both of these things. She also drives for work and has told them of her conditions so I would assume that would be the same for RM. Better to be safe than sorry.

23 Sep 2020, 15:21

Ren Hoëk wrote:Im not 100% on this but you may need to inform the DVLA and your car insurance company (If you have one) as well. Worth looking into. My wife is Type 1 and has to do both of these things. She also drives for work and has told them of her conditions so I would assume that would be the same for RM. Better to be safe than sorry.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ all this plus you might be required to have a medical as well as informing you manager who will pass it all on and you will be required to not drive for the company till you get the all clear to do so again.

23 Sep 2020, 15:37

I am a HGV driver at a VOC, if your diabetes is controlled by diet only, you dont have to inform dvla. However, it is sensible to report it to the company (it’s only a file note) If it progresses to tablet controlled then as a 7.5t through to artic driver you must inform dvla by law. Dependant on the type of medication you are prescribed, dvla will inform you of the period of time between medicals that is applicable. Mine is still on the 5 year period (metformin/sukkarto ) but Iam sure if you take glixicide it’s 3yr periods) Hope this helps..

24 Sep 2020, 10:04

Cheers Jonesy 1971 , I thought that was the case , thanx for ur help

25 Sep 2020, 03:34

Ciderboy. You are welcome!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1