not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

"Rolling over" Covid-19 testing kits

22 Sep 2020, 09:00

With extremely high levels of parcels, especially tracked in our office for the last several months. We are constantly being told to roll over parts of our walks. This includes leaving behind COVID-19 testing kits.
There has been literally no rest day cover on walks in our office for months and some walks are being left undelivered for 3 days and more. Prime example one colleague came back to a week's worth of mail left in his frame after a week's holiday. This included left COVID-19 testing kits.

Is this just happening in our office? If it is happening in other offices too. Then surely rolling over Covid testing kits is a national scandal in the current climate?

22 Sep 2020, 09:55

F3zza wrote:With extremely high levels of parcels, especially tracked in our office for the last several months. We are constantly being told to roll over parts of our walks. This includes leaving behind COVID-19 testing kits.
There has been literally no rest day cover on walks in our office for months and some walks are being left undelivered for 3 days and more. Prime example one colleague came back to a week's worth of mail left in his frame after a week's holiday. This included left COVID-19 testing kits.

Is this just happening in our office? If it is happening in other offices too. Then surely rolling over Covid testing kits is a national scandal in the current climate?

Rolling over 3-4-5 days of mail has been happening all over the country from the very start of all this, but RM seem more focused on promoting postie 'Andy from Anytown' breakdancing whilst dressed up as Spiderman. (No offence Andy).
A cursory look at RM's social media platforms when they put a story up and the replies are chock full of people complaining about no mail for 5-10 days.

22 Sep 2020, 20:02

I've never delivered a Covid 19 testing kit.
I thought couriers were delivering them. Is it different in different parts of the country?

22 Sep 2020, 20:06

No way should covid kits be rolled over, testing is time sensitive, people are needing the kits to get results and back to work asap and not just the average Jo but nurses, care staff, teachers and many more essential workers.

22 Sep 2020, 20:49

clashcityrocker wrote:I've never delivered a Covid 19 testing kit.
I thought couriers were delivering them. Is it different in different parts of the country?

White boxes with NHS and a 2D barcode on them.

22 Sep 2020, 21:27

Mine was delivered by courier. Not seen any in my office. Plenty of NHS test kits but only the normal ones that we have always delivered and used to get pre Covid.

22 Sep 2020, 21:37

Just checked the Royal Mail website. Royal Mail are delivering test kits in some areas using Tracked 24. Whatever other work is not being cleared in our office every day they are pretty hot on making sure specials and tracked get delivered.

23 Sep 2020, 18:48

F3zza wrote:

White boxes with NHS and a 2D barcode on them.

They're not Covid; bowel cancer screenings.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1