not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 12:27

How does Royal Mail expect us to handle Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Xmas pressure this year? No van shares, staff are exhausted already, increasing levels of sick absence due to all kinds of reasons, no spare vans etc etc

It would be nice if they had some kind of plan that didn't rely on the good will of its workforce......but in all honesty I think the majority of people who work for Royal Mail have run out of goodwill and are to broken and tired to give a s**t anymore. I know I don't. Contracted hours and that's it for me now.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 12:38

hazzeem025 wrote:How does Royal Mail expect us to handle Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Xmas pressure this year? No van shares, staff are exhausted already, increasing levels of sick absence due to all kinds of reasons, no spare vans etc etc

It would be nice if they had some kind of plan that didn't rely on the good will of its workforce......but in all honesty I think the majority of people who work for Royal Mail have run out of goodwill and are to broken and tired to give a s**t anymore. I know I don't. Contracted hours and that's it for me now.

Didn't you watch Terry Pullingers video from Friday?
The news that many staff are broken has just reached Union HQ, 6 months into the pandemic.
Terry wants decent managers to do the right thing and whistle blow if things are going badly wrong in offices and more importantly with the well being of staff.
No manager is going to do that.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 15:15

Who cares, work to time, let management figure it out

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 15:18

Do the job as prescribed in the hours given by the company. Goodwill has long gone.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 15:29

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Do the job as prescribed in the hours given by the company. Goodwill has long gone.

So has our pay rise date oh and the last implementation was a total failure so why should we all care anymore!

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 16:30

k979aaa wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Do the job as prescribed in the hours given by the company. Goodwill has long gone.

So has our pay rise date oh and the last implementation was a total failure so why should we all care anymore!

Exactly. I couldn't give less of a s**t about the job now if tried. Turn up,do my work and go home.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 17:14

You all should be used to it by now.Screw every second they can out of You for 11 months and then hope You’ll help them out for one month.As for the customers they won’t even remember You working during the lockdown .

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 17:41

'No van shares' - quite frankly this makes the job easier for many of us - no hanging around for either person due to the other one a) having more on a loop b) being slower c) not being familiar with the walk. Some people need more 'comfort' breaks than others etc. Some just work at a different pace. there's also the problem of some people not taking a break while partner always wants full break. I'd happily continue with no van sharing.

It's always amazed me that we sign for a walk and take responsibilty for it, but with van sharing we only get to do half of our own walk and half of our partner's.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 18:04

JKSmudge wrote:'No van shares' - quite frankly this makes the job easier for many of us - no hanging around for either person due to the other one a) having more on a loop b) being slower c) not being familiar with the walk. Some people need more 'comfort' breaks than others etc. Some just work at a different pace. there's also the problem of some people not taking a break while partner always wants full break. I'd happily continue with no van sharing.

It's always amazed me that we sign for a walk and take responsibilty for it, but with van sharing we only get to do half of our own walk and half of our partner's.

I'm loving it personally, i get to take my whole break without angry faces from colleagues, 30 min walk/bus to delivery and the same coming back. Which means i do less work overall, only completed delivery around 15 times since the end of march. :Very Happy

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 18:17

hazzeem025 wrote:It would be nice if they had some kind of plan that didn't rely on the good will of its workforce

Plans are expensive, exploiting employees is cheap (or free when they do it to themselves). Anyway, management seems intensely relaxed about the impending disaster so enjoy the ride. :nana

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 18:21

JKSmudge wrote:'No van shares' - quite frankly this makes the job easier for many of us - no hanging around for either person due to the other one a) having more on a loop b) being slower c) not being familiar with the walk. Some people need more 'comfort' breaks than others etc. Some just work at a different pace. there's also the problem of some people not taking a break while partner always wants full break. I'd happily continue with no van sharing.

Lots of walker's still collect next loops from vans.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 18:50

Jpro747 wrote:Who cares, work to time, let management figure it out

Yes it really is as simple as that,let management manage,start time and finish time and then go home with hopefully a smile and Christmas cheer

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 19:07

A while back when we used to have scores up for 2D barcodes, which we no longer have on display, one postie was sabotaging the other posties walk by not scanning the 2D barcodes. He didn't want to continue working with the other postie for reasons I won't divulge here. Anyway the short of it is that it can be easily calculated if a postie does this.
The days of shared duties appear to be numbered anyway although this isn't necessarily good news for any or all of us.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 19:18

Celgar wrote:

A while back when we used to have scores up for 2D barcodes, which we no longer have on display, one postie was sabotaging the other posties walk by not scanning the 2D barcodes. He didn't want to continue working with the other postie for reasons I won't divulge here. Anyway the short of it is that it can be easily calculated if a postie does this.
The days of shared duties appear to be numbered anyway although this isn't necessarily good news for any or all of us.

Hope your right on that, much better working alone

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 19:31

Celgar wrote:

That was one of the biggest problems in moving to shared vans.
I was paired with a really nice partner before, but they persistently broke every rule in the book when it came to scanning items. I was constantly being pulled up by management asking why there was a tracked failure on MY duty. Yes, it was MY duty, but not one of the loops that I DID.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 20:48

I’m another massively in favour of not going back to van share. I can do the round how I want, take my break when I want, go at my own speed. One of the biggest things for me is loading the van exactly how I want to. Pre Covid I knew 25 park and loops, so I had to get used to each colleagues way of doing it...some people load from the back, some from the drivers side, some from the passengers side. Some put your bags with theirs, others separate them, then others just dump them and don’t label them so you spend 5 mins every loop finding the right bag. Then you have those who don’t put anything bigger than a magazine in the bundle so you’re constantly routing around in the pouch for tiny parcels. Not to mention some turn for packets, some don’t. Like I say, each to their own but I prefer to be on my own doing it my way where I know where everything is and never miss packets.

As for Christmas, rumours of those on 25 hour contracts here at my office starting at 12.30. If that’s not the case I’ll do what overtime I can, when I want/am asked. I totally understand goodwill has gone for most people, but my attitude is it’s a good period to boost my bank balance. Especially as I am near the bottom of the seniority ladder and have no idea what the future will hold.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 21:09

HTPostman wrote:I’m another massively in favour of not going back to van share. I can do the round how I want, take my break when I want, go at my own speed. One of the biggest things for me is loading the van exactly how I want to. Pre Covid I knew 25 park and loops, so I had to get used to each colleagues way of doing it...some people load from the back, some from the drivers side, some from the passengers side. Some put your bags with theirs, others separate them, then others just dump them and don’t label them so you spend 5 mins every loop finding the right bag. Then you have those who don’t put anything bigger than a magazine in the bundle so you’re constantly routing around in the pouch for tiny parcels. Not to mention some turn for packets, some don’t. Like I say, each to their own but I prefer to be on my own doing it my way where I know where everything is and never miss packets.

As for Christmas, rumours of those on 25 hour contracts here at my office starting at 12.30. If that’s not the case I’ll do what overtime I can, when I want/am asked. I totally understand goodwill has gone for most people, but my attitude is it’s a good period to boost my bank balance. Especially as I am near the bottom of the seniority ladder and have no idea what the future will hold.

exactly my POV.

Prefer working alone on my terms. I love my colleagues. I do. But it gets a bit boring when they're all like 'it's my way or the highway' and so you try it one person's way and the next day you're with someone else and getting aggro again.

The only aggro I get from working alone is the missorts if im on afternoon duty.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 21:10

Everyone does the job differently people look at me when I say this in my office the more people you work with the more confusing it gets work with one person it usually works out 99.99% of the time.

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 21:48

When parcels and Tracked ramp up more nearer Xmas you'd probably find that it will be physically impossible to fit 2 walks worth of work into a single van anyway

Massive Xmas Failure.

20 Sep 2020, 22:03

HTPostman wrote:As for Christmas, rumours of those on 25 hour contracts here at my office starting at 12.30. If that’s not the case I’ll do what overtime I can, when I want/am asked. I totally understand goodwill has gone for most people, but my attitude is it’s a good period to boost my bank balance. Especially as I am near the bottom of the seniority ladder and have no idea what the future will hold.

That’s fair enough, grab the money whilst you can. I can’t see the afternoon shift working for much longer up here, people have had enough and are handing back when their time is up.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3