not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

test kit posted in postbox

18 Sep 2020, 20:12

hi empting a post box yesterday i found a cv19 test kit in there.....are we meant to collect them or not
each person i asked said the opposite of the next person....
yes we do have designated boxes but this kit was just posted in a normal postbox...

thanks for any info

18 Sep 2020, 20:15

Should have training on correct procedure in handling CV-19 test kits.Simple answer if you feel un-safe don't do it.

18 Sep 2020, 20:23

In our office where your put your mail you have emptied from your box there are plastic bags that you turn inside out and pick up the kit and seal it and put it in separate bag

18 Sep 2020, 21:42

I had the same thing the other day I hadn't seen one before so just picked it up and put it in the pouch wasnt till I got to the office someone told me what it was cheers to whoever's just shoved it in the first box they found.

18 Sep 2020, 21:46

I thought this is known by all delivery offices but as usual, RM and managers failed to inform people about the correct procedure.

All posties should have with them gloves and bags to use when they find a test in a box. Few of those in one pocket would do, if you see a Covid test, take a glove on and bag it, seal the bag and drop it in the office in a tray next to the colod barcode, that way the evening collection driver will see it and take it.

You can also use a bag as a glove, just avoid touching the tests and wash your hand or use hand gel straight after handling them.

18 Sep 2020, 23:31

Idiots

So they put the kits into letterboxes and potentially contaminate all the letters around them

Also if its a main street box which are always full to the brim if im emptying into the sack and find one im risking getting the virus

19 Sep 2020, 07:11

Munchboii wrote:Idiots

So they put the kits into letterboxes and potentially contaminate all the letters around them

Also if its a main street box which are always full to the brim if im emptying into the sack and find one im risking getting the virus

Is this a too simple solution? Why don't the kits have a clear bag so that the user can put them in , seal, and post them anywhere! Still i thought they were running out of kits??

19 Sep 2020, 08:31

The letterbox should be cleaned & disinfected & which ever postman handled the test kit & anyone he had been in contact with should isolate for 14 days, life & death not worth it.

19 Sep 2020, 08:34

Having taken a home COVID test a few weeks ago I can certainly confirm it’s made extremely clear when you register the test that it’s only to be posted back in designated post boxes and the time and day it should be posted. It even lists the 3 nearest boxes to your location it can be posted in. You would have to be pretty stupid to inadvertently post it back in an incorrect box.

As others have said if you haven’t been trained how to handle them or not got the right equipment on you to handle them I would leave the collection and inform your line manager either by phone or on return to the office.

19 Sep 2020, 09:15

derricksmyth wrote:

Is this a too simple solution? Why don't the kits have a clear bag so that the user can put them in , seal, and post them anywhere! Still i thought they were running out of kits??

And then the clear bag is potentially contaminated if handled by someone with Covid19

19 Sep 2020, 10:00

Try doing a collection, there are loads of the things! Some boxes can have twenty plus in them.

19 Sep 2020, 10:23

Zicomurphy wrote: inform your line manager either by phone or on return to the office.

I could get back an hour early & still find all our managers gone home :wave

19 Sep 2020, 10:28

greengiant wrote:
derricksmyth wrote:

And then the clear bag is potentially contaminated if handled by someone with Covid19

Its lucky that the only things that people who might have Covid post are the test kits isn't it. Imagine if they posted ordinary letters as well and you didn't know which ones might be contaminated.

You should treat every bit of post that you handle as if someone with Covid has licked the envelope. Use gloves where possible or good hand hygiene when you aren't using gloves.

Seriously, people are scared of something like this but are then happy to stand right next to their colleagues ignoring social distancing. Some idiots even want to go back to sharing vans. Other people are far more of a risk to you than these test kits.

19 Sep 2020, 17:52

Not idiots, we have dedicated post boxes for public to post their covid tests.

These boxes have a priority box white sticker on them.

We also collect these tests from people homes, some offices have dedicated drivers for them.

When CWU made us key workers, we also got this job to help Nhs and the country.

19 Sep 2020, 19:03

Janet Brum wrote:

Not idiots, we have dedicated post boxes for public to post their covid tests.

These boxes have a priority box white sticker on them.

We also collect these tests from people homes, some offices have dedicated drivers for them.

When CWU made us key workers, we also got this job to help Nhs and the country.

Well most joe public cannot read so most go in any box it is the the managers to clearly communicate how these packages are to be handled once again we have managers who clearly cannot communicate with their own staff! You can now go online and find your post box with these priority post boxes yet the same fools turn up day after day when our callers office has long since closed I pity these fools but I pity the environment more as they take off in a huff and discard their mask laden germs down the street!

19 Sep 2020, 21:46

Are you 100% sure it was a covid kit? I ask this as two of my customers post a test kit every month, looks identical to a covid kit, same laboratory as well. They are taking part in a survey to determine a random testing of the public. I went into panic mode too until a chance conversation with one of the people taking part in the survey.

19 Sep 2020, 22:02

The carboard ones with tracked 24 and purple label need to be put in a plastic bag others do not. Some are stool samples or just other conditions which cannot go into on here it is an amazing thing we could get tested by ourselves in our homes but someone has to deal with it at the end of the day!

19 Sep 2020, 22:11

These are white plastic with purple chevrons, same licence number as the covid lab, even our covid collection drivers thought they were the real deal!! No idea why they made them near identical!

20 Sep 2020, 15:17

The swab itself should be in a screwtop vial, which goes into a ziplock bag, this all then goes into a bio hazard bag and sealed, then into the cardboard box. The biggest risk is what has been touched with potentially infected hands despite being told to sanitize before starting, wipe down packaging/box etc. Every kit contains step by step instructions including what postbox to use and to post no later then an hour before the last collection time, not on sundays or bank holidays but they still do as they DONT read instructions so im not surprised at all that they appear in non priority boxes.

20 Sep 2020, 15:23

The reason they get viruses is they don't wash their hands even after going to the toilet so posting letters why would they? And as for reading most cannot even write a letter these days something I was taught at school that most do not attend these day's!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2