not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Back pain

16 Sep 2020, 22:18

I’ve suffered with back pain for a few years now. The pain is located on the right side of my spine in the thoracic region and is persistent while I’m working. Even small tasks can cause a lot of pain, like prepping d2d or posting mail through a low level letterbox. I never carry a bag on my back, I’m a reserve on rurals which means a lot of getting in and out of vans. I’ve been to an osteopath a couple of times but the pain soon comes back. Anyone else suffer from back pain and how do you cope?

Back pain

17 Sep 2020, 01:17

I have a long history of pain next to the spine half was down my back, I used to take prescription codine everyday and the full dosage to mainly try stop the pain coming on as it was like torture once it does and feels like a trapped nerve but after a year and half I was getting concerned about being dependent on them and them eventually becoming less effective so invested in a double pull back support belt from eBay with magnets and a natural heat pad that warms up with water (or sweat) and it's been a great help for me,

I find it gets too hot if it's against my skin so wear a t-shirt and the belt over it but not had to take pain killers for years since and only usually get it now if I'm really tired and when I'm on leave and not wearing the belt

Obviously everyone's pain is different but in my case it was the best £4-£5 I ever spent and can now function normally and get on with my job without feeling like a contorshanist as the pain gets worse and worse as the shift goes on.

Back pain

17 Sep 2020, 16:50

I had a slipped disc in about 2001 and i kept suffering for years with pain coming and going hobbling about like i had a wooden leg at times.
It has completely gone away since i bought myself a bike, i cycled to work for a couple of years 2 or 3 times a week and i've been pretty damn useless at cycling this year only been out 2 or 3 times around the local forest but the pain has never returned.

Back pain

17 Sep 2020, 17:27

Ibuprofen,stretches and chiropractor sorted Me out.Still dodgy but not as bad as it was.Stretch Your ham strings too because that also affects back posture

Back pain

17 Sep 2020, 18:47

Jpro747 wrote:I’ve suffered with back pain for a few years now. The pain is located on the right side of my spine in the thoracic region and is persistent while I’m working. Even small tasks can cause a lot of pain, like prepping d2d or posting mail through a low level letterbox. I never carry a bag on my back, I’m a reserve on rurals which means a lot of getting in and out of vans. I’ve been to an osteopath a couple of times but the pain soon comes back. Anyone else suffer from back pain and how do you cope?

GO TO YOUR DOCTOR.
BACK PAIN IN THE THORACIC AREA MAY NOT BE BACK PAIN BUT SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS!

Apologies for shouting, but sometimes it's necessary.

A quick scan will often find the correct answer.

Back pain

17 Sep 2020, 21:19

Which type of van do you usually drive? I find the peugeot vans better than the vauxhall cv vans which I feel I have to climb out of.

Back pain

18 Sep 2020, 01:56

Get your boss to refer you to optima health through Royal Mail see what help they can give,am currently having my knee looked at through them, physio etc,

Back pain

18 Sep 2020, 19:49

max49 wrote:Which type of van do you usually drive? I find the peugeot vans better than the vauxhall cv vans which I feel I have to climb out of.

I refuse to use the combos it's like getting in and out of a sports car, on a rural with 60 odd stops like that, it does me in. Peugeot are far better. I always use a lwt but find I'm a bit twisted now from it.

Back pain

18 Sep 2020, 21:52

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Back wasn’t too bad today after doing some stretches before going on delivery (much to the amusement of my colleagues) . Yes I use those wretched combo vans and all 6’2 of me has to get in and out of there multiple times a day, not pretty!

Back pain

20 Sep 2020, 11:13

Jpro747 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys. Back wasn’t too bad today after doing some stretches before going on delivery (much to the amusement of my colleagues) . Yes I use those wretched combo vans and all 6’2 of me has to get in and out of there multiple times a day, not pretty!

If you have pug partners ask to change your van for one, 6ft+ people don't fit in combos.

Back pain

20 Sep 2020, 15:48

rambo1 wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys. Back wasn’t too bad today after doing some stretches before going on delivery (much to the amusement of my colleagues) . Yes I use those wretched combo vans and all 6’2 of me has to get in and out of there multiple times a day, not pretty!

If you have pug partners ask to change your van for one, 6ft+ people don't fit in combos.

People who are under 5'10" don't fit in them as well cheep crap vans for kid's to drive about in seriously if I chopped my leg's off at the knee and moved the seat forward could still touch the pedals!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1