not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail Transfer/Relocation

16 Sep 2020, 16:30

Hello Guys ,

I just want to find out how long does a royal mail transfer usually take because I got a transfer offer from having a chat with one of DOM's in another office that I want to go to. So the DOM contacted my manager that he is willing to take me on. But my manager has said to me that he has to wait for an approval from his boss/area manager for him to put the transfer through. They tried to put to transfer through but apparently the transfer was blocked by HR because I haven't been with the company a year. So i spoke with the area manager , he asked me how long have i been with the company & I've currently been with the company 8 months and he said he will have look into it and he will see what can do. On the royal mail group website it says you have to be with the company for at least 26 weeks before you relocate which I have. So I feel as my office do not want to let me go as i've been waiting for a response for like a month i've been asking my manager a few times but he said his pressuring his boss to put the transfer through as quick as possible. I just don't know whats going on can someone help or have any ideas to why this is happening as i really want to leave the office that i am currently in.

Thanks.

16 Sep 2020, 17:58

I transferred after 9 months, took about 21 days.

16 Sep 2020, 20:14

2yearpostie wrote:I transferred after 9 months, took about 21 days.

Oh wow, hopefully I get the transfer soon enough then

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1