not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Questions regarding duties being advertised and how your office is run.

15 Sep 2020, 18:32

At xmas I moved from a small office of 40 duties to a big nearby office of 130 duties. All duties in my old office were officially signed to a postperson and cover duties were officially covered leaving a small handful of reserves.
I have since moved to a nearby office which is a lot bigger and apparently there are at least 30 duties that have not been advertised for ages and there have been people there for years that get shifted around, there is no stability. The union says they have been in talks for months with management but they only want to advertise duties "unfairly" which Im unsure what that means.
Im getting to the stage where I want out to another office because a lot of people seemed to be stressed by the way this office is run, I didnt see that stress in the old office because everyone (apart from reserves) had stability.
Wouldn't it be easier for an office to have stability, advertise all duties so everyone has a role. Surely the management are also making life harder for themselves by swapping people around each day.

15 Sep 2020, 18:57

Usual story of trying to run an office on a shoestring by pressuring people to cover rounds by lapsing or on OT.

Saves having to employ extra people and pay their pension contributions or holiday pay etc.

All good for managers bonus.

16 Sep 2020, 00:49

''They only want to advertise unfairly'' to me means they want whoever they have put on them, to continue to do them regardless of their seniority
Last edited by Acca Dacca on 17 Sep 2020, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

17 Sep 2020, 16:43

Acca Dacca wrote:They only want to advertise unfairly to me means they want whoever they have put on them to continue to do them regardless of their seniority

Which usually means friends,family and Eye Candy :no no :no no

17 Sep 2020, 17:25

It means they can put the quiet hardworkers on the really long walks and the lazy ones who moan about everything on the easier duties. As has been said already, makes the managers life easier and helps their bonus.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1