not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Why is van sharing suspended?!

15 Sep 2020, 13:42

Genuine question, can get in a taxi with strangers, can get on the bus with strangers. You can even go and sit in bars, pubs and restaurants with strangers.

But we can't jump in a van together even though we're mostly stood in each others personal space for hours, in the office with 0 social distancing.

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Last edited by Pathfinder on 15 Sep 2020, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Why is van sharing banned?

15 Sep 2020, 13:46

Pathfinder wrote:Genuine question, can get in a taxi with strangers, can get on the bus with strangers. You can even go and sit in bars, pubs and restaurants with strangers.

But we can't jump in a van together even though we're mostly stood in each others personal space for hours, in the office with 0 social distancing.

Why would you want to share a van?

15 Sep 2020, 14:27

Why aren't you social distancing in the office ?

15 Sep 2020, 14:49

All the time Muppets are using their own cars management aren't worried

15 Sep 2020, 14:59

eastie wrote:All the time Muppets are using their own cars management aren't worried

Maybe the 'muppets' have kids to fetch and look after school and they dont want to be harassed into working afternoons so thats why they use their cars.

15 Sep 2020, 15:08

mozilla wrote:Why aren't you social distancing in the office ?

Oh for about a week they had social distancing in place.

15 Sep 2020, 15:10

Villadaft wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:Genuine question, can get in a taxi with strangers, can get on the bus with strangers. You can even go and sit in bars, pubs and restaurants with strangers.

Why would you want to share a van?

I don't, my round doesn't require me to (praise be!)

15 Sep 2020, 15:22

2yearpostie wrote:
eastie wrote:All the time Muppets are using their own cars management aren't worried

Maybe the 'muppets' have kids to fetch and look after school and they dont want to be harassed into working afternoons so thats why they use their cars.

That's only in your office.

15 Sep 2020, 15:26

Pathfinder wrote:

And then you and your colleagues stopped doing it or were you forced by management to mingle close together?

15 Sep 2020, 15:26

POSTMAN wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

For the site admin to have not noticed that there is another thread on the subject of 1pm starts in other offices that i didnt post is actually :left: :left: :left: :left:

15 Sep 2020, 15:34

mozilla wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:

And then you and your colleagues stopped doing it or were you forced by management to mingle close together?

Not me, I avoided people even before the pandemic :wave

15 Sep 2020, 15:43

I honestly think the current way of working suits RM down to the ground. No more fines for walks failing or SD’s being delivered late. The fact there has been seemingly no move to head back to park & loop tells me that we won’t see it return this side of Christmas,if,at all

15 Sep 2020, 16:19

2yearpostie wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

For the site admin to have not noticed that there is another thread on the subject of 1pm starts in other offices that i didnt post is actually :left: :left: :left: :left:

No, he is suggesting that you only have experience in your office and generalising one office to all isn't applicable.

Also its impossible to keep track of every single thread thats been active in the last few days so not sure why you see that as funny.

15 Sep 2020, 16:38

Cedar_Room wrote:I honestly think the current way of working suits RM down to the ground. No more fines for walks failing or SD’s being delivered late. The fact there has been seemingly no move to head back to park & loop tells me that we won’t see it return this side of Christmas,if,at all

Couldn't agree more :Applause

15 Sep 2020, 16:45

Busses require you to wear a mask and social distance. They also have limits on how many passengers they can carry - You can't social distance in a CDV, but you can wear a mask.

Taxis mostly have a screen between the passengers and the driver. RM doesn't have a system for installing a screen between colleagues.

15 Sep 2020, 16:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

No, he is suggesting that you only have experience in your office and generalising one office to all isn't applicable.

Also its impossible to keep track of every single thread thats been active in the last few days so not sure why you see that as funny.

It's ok I was playing with him.
2year, I couldn't resist it mate.

15 Sep 2020, 17:20

Cedar_Room wrote:I honestly think the current way of working suits RM down to the ground. No more fines for walks failing or SD’s being delivered late. The fact there has been seemingly no move to head back to park & loop tells me that we won’t see it return this side of Christmas,if,at all

They try and give out double lapsing on Monday and Tuesday.But no van share means half of it left at the office.Then three days worth out on Wednesday if they are lucky which means cut offs.

15 Sep 2020, 17:40

POSTMAN wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

It's ok I was playing with him.
2year, I couldn't resist it mate.

I thought so POSTMAN, jest i can take!!! :crazy: :dance

15 Sep 2020, 17:45

Rommagic wrote:

They try and give out double lapsing on Monday and Tuesday.But no van share means half of it left at the office.Then three days worth out on Wednesday if they are lucky which means cut offs.

Obviously differs from office to office. We haven’t lapsed since April & with autumn pressure upon us & everyone in our office working to time,it ain’t coming back anytime soon

15 Sep 2020, 18:13

Weve been lapsing one job a day since late may

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3