not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Why do postie hate each other?

12 Sep 2020, 16:47

It doesnt matter what office you are in or even here, but it seems the majority of posties hate each other. The part timers hate it when the full timers go out early after finishing ips early, the fuller timers get annoyed if a part time comes in early or even gets asked to come in early to help out on prep, Everyone argues over 'their'van or pda if it gets swapped because another one has gone down. Everyone hates it if someone finds some information out and shares calling the the bosses bet and liars, if someone finishes before their time everybody else jumps on them calling them a runner or they have a easy job and why dont they get sent out to help me, knowing full well they wouldnt go out if they finished early.

So why dont everyone just focus on what theyve been told to that day instead of watching everyone else?

12 Sep 2020, 17:07

2yearpostie wrote:It doesnt matter what office you are in or even here, but it seems the majority of posties hate each other. The part timers hate it when the full timers go out early after finishing ips early, the fuller timers get annoyed if a part time comes in early or even gets asked to come in early to help out on prep, Everyone argues over 'their'van or pda if it gets swapped because another one has gone down. Everyone hates it if someone finds some information out and shares calling the the bosses bet and liars, if someone finishes before their time everybody else jumps on them calling them a runner or they have a easy job and why dont they get sent out to help me, knowing full well they wouldnt go out if they finished early.

So why dont everyone just focus on what theyve been told to that day instead of watching everyone else?

In 16 years i've genuinely only hated 2 people at work, that isn't that many really.

12 Sep 2020, 18:25

I wouldn't say hate each other, but RM does have a high amount of people who seem to have stopped growing up when they got to 8 years old - the comments are like (or worse than) a children's party! While it may sound like "banter" going on and on every day about who has the bigger duty, who could do which duty quicker, who sits out doing nothing, why does someone get help prepping when I don't etc etc etc - an endless list of petty snipes that lost any humour a long time ago. The worst ones for doing it are actually the biggest piss-takers - the one moaning about not getting help prepping is the one who stands around chatting and takes 3 fag breaks in the first 90 minutes of the day.

If RM actually employed proper managers that could actually manage people and had the balls to deal with problems, I think a lot of our office would be sacked within a few weeks. And in most cases they'd never find another job as their attitude at RM is that the company owes them a living.

The fact that you are saying they hate each other shows that it is a long way from the harmless banter that they would probably say it is.

12 Sep 2020, 19:17

The system is set up as to pit against each other even if you had the best postman/woman in the world throwing the prep in they the managers take them off and put them as required/requested at threat of the conduct code you cannot win in this toxic environment without solidarity!

12 Sep 2020, 19:20

I would say over half of our office have the attitude I describe above. Fully agree with you about solidarity but based on our office it will always be "us against us" long before it is ever "us against them".

12 Sep 2020, 19:20

We relocated to a larger office a few years ago, since day 1 the staff that we moved in beside but separate work duties don’t even acknowledge us. Before we moved they protested wrongly of course that we would reduce or effect their overtime but we are completely separate in duties and hours allocated. Several of us have tried the hello how’s things, looks like rain and are you on leave soon but no replies. One of my colleagues complained to a manager that people were ignoring him but was advised you cant make someone talk to you if they don’t want to. The word hate never came into the equation for us, I’m happy just to go in do my job and get out, strange thing is I have bumped into a few staff in pub or shopping and they nod or even say hi :shock:

12 Sep 2020, 19:41

there are some who don't speak to each other, had a falling out over this and that, childish verbals, tit for tat arguments, jealousy, but hate....nah, not hate. been at ours nearly 30 yrs and i can't say i have seen hatred.

12 Sep 2020, 19:55

All the posties in our office are well-balanced folk. Every single one of them has a chip on both shoulders.

12 Sep 2020, 20:15

daveyeff wrote:there are some who don't speak to each other, had a falling out over this and that, childish verbals, tit for tat arguments, jealousy, but hate....nah, not hate. been at ours nearly 30 yrs and i can't say i have seen hatred.

Mc i work in is exact same not much hatred though.

12 Sep 2020, 22:47

Got a few in my place haven’t spoken to each other since the 1980s I believe. Decided they would work during IA and some have never forgotten it.

13 Sep 2020, 11:29

People have been in the same little bubble listening to the same crap radio station talking about the same s**t day in day out for years I’ve been here 10years it’s like Groundhog Day same s**t brainwashing songs same arguments same storys about people who left years ago all very boring nothing has changed since I been here there’s only 2good things about this job earphones and I get to go walking in the fresh air in peace by the way the job is very easy and Is the lest fulfilling job I ever done maybe that’s part of it no fulfilment doesn’t make your mind work you don’t read and write just chat s**t about nothing

13 Sep 2020, 11:58

You get to choose your friends in life, you don't get to choose your work colleagues.

I don't think there's much love or hatred, it's a place of work not a social club.

I think people who come straight from school or college tend to think work should be an extension of your social life but it's not.

13 Sep 2020, 14:39

fb1969 wrote:I wouldn't say hate each other, but RM does have a high amount of people who seem to have stopped growing up when they got to 8 years old - the comments are like (or worse than) a children's party! While it may sound like "banter" going on and on every day about who has the bigger duty, who could do which duty quicker, who sits out doing nothing, why does someone get help prepping when I don't etc etc etc - an endless list of petty snipes that lost any humour a long time ago. The worst ones for doing it are actually the biggest piss-takers - the one moaning about not getting help prepping is the one who stands around chatting and takes 3 fag breaks in the first 90 minutes of the day.

If RM actually employed proper managers that could actually manage people and had the balls to deal with problems, I think a lot of our office would be sacked within a few weeks. And in most cases they'd never find another job as their attitude at RM is that the company owes them a living.

The fact that you are saying they hate each other shows that it is a long way from the harmless banter that they would probably say it is.

I totally agree with what you`ve wrote, the amount of people bitching, trying to s**t stirr and the laziness and selfishness of some is unreal, I don`t think they will still hold their jobs in a different company.

How and why they are still allowed to carry on like this is beyond my comprehension.

13 Sep 2020, 21:34

I'd say for myself and guys who have been in a while that before van sharing nobody cared or knew when anyone else finished.the job was all working on your own working with a partner etc just doesn't work.also managers like to compare work rates with faster guys that don't help either

14 Sep 2020, 16:24

Having left a job for Royal Mail couldn’t believe what some staff were getting away with when I started and still goes on and managers do nothing about it which causes some resentment among staff. Especially if they get pulled up for the slightest of things when others are getting away with murder.

14 Sep 2020, 17:48

I don't think hate is the right word but there does seem to be allot of resentment towards each other. Everyone is too concerned with what everyone else is or is not doing. Allot of snide remarks and bitching behind peoples backs. The Chinese whispers that go around and fester. The same "jokes" everyday. The same people moaning everyday. Covid has highlighted some quite selfish people in our office. It's sad and very childish. Often from people in their 50's and 60's. The job is the job but it is the people and the management that make me want to leave.
Last edited by Ren Hoëk on 14 Sep 2020, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

14 Sep 2020, 17:57

Theres some very nasty people on here as well.

14 Sep 2020, 18:20

I just generally hate people of all varieties, postie or non-postie.

14 Sep 2020, 20:39

Revolts
Revisions
Repicks
Resentment
Resignations

:chuckle

14 Sep 2020, 21:47

I've been a postie for over 13 years, and to be honest I've never met a bigger bunch of gobshites, bullies, and some really angry people in any other job I did before here, the job is hard it's physically demanding, bit some of my colleagues have got serious mental problems.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2