not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Contract issue

06 Sep 2020, 13:01

Iv glanced to see if anyone else has posted something so apologies if I’m repeating what’s already been raised ...

Basically I’m on a 35 hour contract. 29 is delivery and the other 6 working in callers office. The timetable was always Wednesday night.
Anyway, last week, they decided to change it to Thursday which doesn’t suit me at all.
I have offered to come in 45 mins early every day to make up the hours or do a half walk on a Wednesday (including the oversize packets) unpaid to make up the hours. However, this hasn’t been accepted by management and they either want me to take 2 loops unpaid overtime for 4 days or reduce my hours. Iv said no to these options and am sticking to my two proposals.

Where do I stand on this? Any suggestions?

Contract issue

06 Sep 2020, 16:07

FilthyBloke wrote:Iv glanced to see if anyone else has posted something so apologies if I’m repeating what’s already been raised ...

Basically I’m on a 35 hour contract. 29 is delivery and the other 6 working in callers office. The timetable was always Wednesday night.
Anyway, last week, they decided to change it to Thursday which doesn’t suit me at all.
I have offered to come in 45 mins early every day to make up the hours or do a half walk on a Wednesday (including the oversize packets) unpaid to make up the hours. However, this hasn’t been accepted by management and they either want me to take 2 loops unpaid overtime for 4 days or reduce my hours. Iv said no to these options and am sticking to my two proposals.

Where do I stand on this? Any suggestions?

Unpaid is a slippery slope for all can you manage with less hours and pick up hours later or when it suits you while being paid for it?

Contract issue

06 Sep 2020, 17:35

Involve the rep. Lots of unforeseen pitfalls with this malarkey.

Contract issue

07 Sep 2020, 09:12

Nearly all Extended opening hour,s for " Callers Offices " are on Wednesdays
As has been advised , see your Rep

Contract issue

07 Sep 2020, 10:12

wallan wrote:Nearly all Extended opening hour,s for " Callers Offices " are on Wednesdays
As has been advised , see your Rep

Accordingly, the joint statement which is attached has been agreed with Royal Mail which further extends the planned CSP opening hours across the week from Tuesday 1st September onwards as outlined below;

Very large and Large CSPs will open on Thursday from 8:00-20:00
Medium and Small CSPs will open on Thursday from 08:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00
Very Large and Large CSPs will open on Wednesday from 08:00-12:00
Very Large and Large CSPs will open on Sunday from 11:00-15:00
Large and Medium CSPs will open for an additional hour on Saturday, from 08:00-14:00
The majority of CSPs will open and close one hour later across the week.

Contract issue

07 Sep 2020, 15:12

FilthyBloke wrote:1.I have offered to come in 45 mins early every day to make up the hours or do a half walk on a Wednesday (including the oversize packets) unpaid to make up the hours.
2. However, this hasn’t been accepted by management and they either want me to take 2 loops unpaid overtime for 4 days or reduce my hours.

If you are on a 35 hour contract and you are still being paid for 35 hours in both examples cited above, how is any of it unpaid?

Contract issue

07 Sep 2020, 22:29

clashcityrocker wrote:
FilthyBloke wrote:1.I have offered to come in 45 mins early every day to make up the hours or do a half walk on a Wednesday (including the oversize packets) unpaid to make up the hours.
2. However, this hasn’t been accepted by management and they either want me to take 2 loops unpaid overtime for 4 days or reduce my hours.

If you are on a 35 hour contract and you are still being paid for 35 hours in both examples cited above, how is any of it unpaid?

Because normally I do that and get paid overtime for it. I’m telling them now I will do it unpaid to make up the hours I owe.

Contract issue

08 Sep 2020, 05:36

6 hours to do half a walk? Can't believe they turned that down...

Contract issue

08 Sep 2020, 07:22

FilthyBloke wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Because normally I do that and get paid overtime for it. I’m telling them now I will do it unpaid to make up the hours I owe.

Yes but it's not unpaid if you're making up hours.

You want to make up your hours one way, your Dom wants you to make up your hours another way. To be honest unless your contract stipulates a rigid duty pattern which these days I doubt you're not in a very strong position.

If you look at it from management's point of view business requirements mean the work isn't there on a Wednesday.

They have offered you Thursday as a replacement.
You have refused.
They have offered you two separate alternatives to make up the hours.
You have refused.

While like you I would still keep negotiating up until I ran out of breath I would also be aware that at the end of the day I'm not really fighting from a position of strength.

Contract issue

08 Sep 2020, 09:19

Guthrie, you are a born diplomat :)

Contract issue

08 Sep 2020, 13:22

Janet Brum wrote:Guthrie, you are a born diplomat :)

I have to thank my father for that.
He was a manager (not RM) in the 70s/80s.

His preferred method of dealing with union officials was to ask them out to the car park for a square go*.

*You might have to Google that but I think you get the picture.

Conflict resolution was something I learned early.

Contract issue

18 Sep 2020, 21:01

It’s ok. I got what I wanted. Despite not being in a position of strength I have a good poker face.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1