not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are we preparing for Christmas?

05 Sep 2020, 09:40

All other companies hermes dpd amazon start recruiting and preparing for Christmas we know this year is going to be very very busy with parcel what royal mail doing to handle all this parcel volume?

05 Sep 2020, 13:01

Staff don't get annual leave at Christmas so more rounds created. Don't you know this?? Same every year.

05 Sep 2020, 13:49

wing it as usual

05 Sep 2020, 14:24

“Christmas? Again! Didn’t we have one of those last year? What do you mean, it’s every year? Seriously?“

Congratulations, you have been selected as the next RM CEO

06 Sep 2020, 12:38

My office already asking for volunteers to work nights, PTers to go temp FT etc

06 Sep 2020, 17:20

Our office asks for people to work nights, in fact they ask the same two people every year and no one else.

06 Sep 2020, 17:45

The same five do nights at our place every year, the rep and his mates.

06 Sep 2020, 18:07

Our office has never been prepared in the past, this year will be a joyous time!

06 Sep 2020, 19:50

I have all the ingredients for a Xmas cake and some jars of mincemeat.

06 Sep 2020, 19:55

Sir Henry wrote:Our office asks for people to work nights, in fact they ask the same two people every year and no one else.

ah ha same in our gaff he who shouts loudest....gets the best bits

06 Sep 2020, 20:28

It'll be interesting to see if the companies that normally supply RM with marquees for Xmas pressure are still operating. If there ends up being no marquees available then some offices might be f****d for storage and/or sorting space

06 Sep 2020, 21:26

Thousands of casuals get thrown at the mail centres. Delivery gets left to sink or swim on its own, I never understood why that is.

Yeah, i work in processing. I know delivery is a different, more challenging job. But seriously, I'm sure an extra pair of hands would help?

06 Sep 2020, 21:57

britwrit wrote:Thousands of casuals get thrown at the mail centres. Delivery gets left to sink or swim on its own, I never understood why that is.

Yeah, i work in processing. I know delivery is a different, more challenging job. But seriously, I'm sure an extra pair of hands would help?

The DO that covers where I live gets casuals. It's probably down to the individual DOMs as to whether they get casuals in for xmas pressure

06 Sep 2020, 22:52

Deliver til it gets too dark, which is typically about 1600, then bring the remainder back and go home. It's almost a certainty we will be in full lockdown before then though so most Xmas shopping will be delivered by us except the food and alcohol. It's going to be really bad.

06 Sep 2020, 22:59

Of course RM are planning!

Step up the daily threats and indimidation of posties. Hope for the best.

Clear as much as possible as cheaply as possible, repeat tomorrow. Happy Xmas.

06 Sep 2020, 23:02

Celgar wrote:Deliver til it gets too dark, which is typically about 1600, then bring the remainder back and go home. It's almost a certainty we will be in full lockdown before then though so most Xmas shopping will be delivered by us except the food and alcohol. It's going to be really bad.

Yep. Real bad. Brace, brace.

06 Sep 2020, 23:04

If we do end up in a full lockdown by Xmas we might see an increase in xmas cards. Hopefully they let us roll over whatever we don't have time to run through the machines each night. If they don't then deliveries will be screwed with the amount of manual we'll end up sending them

06 Sep 2020, 23:12

SpacePhoenix wrote:If we do end up in a full lockdown by Xmas we might see an increase in xmas cards. Hopefully they let us roll over whatever we don't have time to run through the machines each night. If they don't then deliveries will be screwed with the amount of manual we'll end up sending them

You're gonna have to find extra york room in your MC mate. Seen a Delivery Office recently?

06 Sep 2020, 23:24

sindba wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:If we do end up in a full lockdown by Xmas we might see an increase in xmas cards. Hopefully they let us roll over whatever we don't have time to run through the machines each night. If they don't then deliveries will be screwed with the amount of manual we'll end up sending them

You're gonna have to find extra york room in your MC mate. Seen a Delivery Office recently?

All the extra work room is already in use because of covid. If fact when we're having to process inward and outward at the same time over Xmas pressure we'll actually lose some space. Like it or not it might end up with us just having to send it to DOs anyway

06 Sep 2020, 23:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:
sindba wrote:

All the extra work room is already in use because of covid. If fact when we're having to process inward and outward at the same time over Xmas pressure we'll actually lose some space. Like it or not it might end up with us just having to send it to DOs anyway

Fair enough.

It won't be delivered though.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3