not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 16:13

Should those that insist on sharing a van, despite everything, be reported and disciplined?

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 16:31

It is a sackable offence.

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 16:46

I strongly believe in keeping my eyes on my own plate

But if a manager does their own investigation and catches a pair van sharing then thats the risk and gamble the pairing took
Last edited by Acca Dacca on 05 Aug 2020, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 17:06

van sharing at this time is a lot worse than using your own car for deliveries in my opinion at the minute . I personally have seen it go on but it goes against my instinct to grass anyone up its up to managers to look out for this

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 17:24

There will be quite a few vans with wet passenger footwells when it's raining :whistle

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 17:47

It was My understanding the office DOM gets the bollocking If people van share and a area manager learns of it.

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 18:01

clashcityrocker wrote:It is a sackable offence.

I thought this until 2 were caught at my office and pretty much nothing happened in the end just threats

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 18:13

People caught can sharing at my office and nothing happened - I believe it’s still going on which management and union know about but not interested!

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 18:48

Van sharing is no more risky then going to the shops it never has been now we have to wear face coverings so why not share vans using them

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 18:57

cpsteve wrote:Van sharing is no more risky then going to the shops it never has been now we have to wear face coverings so why not share vans using them

This^^^ If Your going to catch it it will be from someone in office building not in the van with masks on windows down and in midsummer :crazy:

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 19:18

cpsteve wrote:Van sharing is no more risky then going to the shops it never has been now we have to wear face coverings so why not share vans using them

For the hundredth time legal liability.....

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 19:24

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Surely Tesco Waitrose and numerous other private companies I've seen 2 in a van without even any PPE have the same liability?

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 19:28

Joe4567 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Surely Tesco Waitrose and numerous other private companies I've seen 2 in a van without even any PPE have the same liability?

Quite probably but Tesco and Waitrose won't pay RM's legal bills/fines/compensation for not ensuring their employees safety will they?

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 19:31

yellowbelly wrote:
Joe4567 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Quite probably but Tesco and Waitrose won't pay RM's legal bills/fines/compensation for not ensuring their employees safety will they?

What I'm saying is that in my opinion there's more behind the companies decision to not van share than legal liability. If they really wanted/needed to I'm sure they would find a way £££

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 19:41

for the umpteenth time when are these rsoles still van sharing goin to realise its not them that it will hit badly but possibly vulnerable people in there families that they are in contact with thick twattts :arrrghhh

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 20:25

Joe4567 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
Joe4567 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

What I'm saying is that in my opinion there's more behind the companies decision to not van share than legal liability. If they really wanted/needed to I'm sure they would find a way £££

Thank You Joe.RM don’t give a F about what goes on in offices at the moment regarding Covid but are bat s**t crazy about letting any one van share !!! Why? You get it I get it.

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 20:40

You can go to the shops and choose to keep more than a metre apart from anyone else - in fact you are supposed to

You cant do that in a van

If RM imposed van sharing again - they would be telling their employees that they must do their job while not maintaining social distancing even though there are measures in place to make sure we can social distance already.

If someone, who has been doing the job while not van sharing and also making sure to keep their distance from colleagues, caught the virus due to RM essentially forcing them to do the opposite, knowing there is an increased risk.......

That opens a can of worms.

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 21:40

They also don't give a f if people are van sharing it's not hard to tell when 2 PDAs are travelling in the same van at the same time...blind eye time

Van Sharing

05 Aug 2020, 21:58

postieblueshirt wrote:They also don't give a f if people are van sharing it's not hard to tell when 2 PDAs are travelling in the same van at the same time...blind eye time

not necessarily van sharing, i refill my next bag and leave pda in van with it ready for next loop,
simple logistics that is too complex for anyone above our own pay-grade :left:

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 05:54

korky wrote:
postieblueshirt wrote:They also don't give a f if people are van sharing it's not hard to tell when 2 PDAs are travelling in the same van at the same time...blind eye time

not necessarily van sharing, i refill my next bag and leave pda in van with it ready for next loop,
simple logistics that is too complex for anyone above our own pay-grade :left:

Ok you could say that but most van shares will meet out of sight around corner from office and the PDAs will meet up and be together.its going on everywhere they know it of course they do..

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4