not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Knee pain

08 Jul 2020, 21:32

Suffering with knee pain for the first time in the job after almost 7 years of service (lower outside of knee, seems to be an injury common with constant exercise). Take it its just a consequence of the job the longer you do it or has the incessant workload since the pandemic struck the more likely answer and is anyone else struggling? Had a couple of days leave in March and 3 in April otherwise been ever present.

Knee pain

08 Jul 2020, 22:10

Could well be down to simple wear and tear,I am suffering with knee and hip pain,hip is ongoing arthritis,and knee is a meniscus tear from jarring it whilst dog walking,knee I swollen and painful whilst walking,just had two weeks off rest from doctor,going back to work next week,on some office work hopefully,pending mri scan appointment,am 58 and in my 38 th year,it’s no fun anymore getting old in this job,will see how they treat me,good luck my friend

Knee pain

08 Jul 2020, 22:19

Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.

Knee pain

08 Jul 2020, 23:20

robbertwhitton wrote:Could well be down to simple wear and tear,I am suffering with knee and hip pain,hip is ongoing arthritis,and knee is a meniscus tear from jarring it whilst dog walking,knee I swollen and painful whilst walking,just had two weeks off rest from doctor,going back to work next week,on some office work hopefully,pending mri scan appointment,am 58 and in my 38 th year,it’s no fun anymore getting old in this job,will see how they treat me,good luck my friend

Cheers man., good luck to you too. I'm off for 2 weeks soon so hopefully rest will sort it out but probably just a combination of things, unrelenting workload last 3 months, pushing a heavy HCT around and the absymal RM footwear. Might have to go the docs and get a note so i can wear something more foregiving.

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 13:15

hatter68 wrote:Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.

You waiting on an operation mate?
Had this a few years back, bit of keyhole surgery and I'm as right as rain.

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 16:14

I had bad knee pain was off work with it I had some orthotics made which realigned my feet and stopped the knee pain within a month best money I ever spent but that was something where a doctor was not needed

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 18:31

Those low-level letterboxes don't help...probably have to 'take the knee' to deliver the letters through them if you can't bend down (squat) and keep your back straight.

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 18:46

For a start Royal Mail footwear is not up to the job, no matter what upper management say. I’ve shown the footwear to chiropractors, chiropodists and doctors and they’ve all agreed it’s very poor and doesn’t support your feet for the number of miles we walk. I use trainers with good quality unsoles. I know the use of your own trainers is a mixed bag (some are dead against it) but I’d suggest you at least get some insoles for your RM footwear.

Secondly I sometimes get similar leg pain, it’s usually when I’m doing a 30k+ step round. I’ve got some ibuprofen gel which works a treat, rub it in and within 10 minutes the pain has gone for 3 or so hours. I get it on prescription, not sure if it’s widely available but speak to your doctor anyway.

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 20:55

ihatedogs wrote:
hatter68 wrote:Can hardly move or bend my knee at minute. Got meniscus tear and had physio. I'm supposed to do some exercises which are a great help, but am too tired at the minute. Just want to retire now think about it all the while.

Been told by physios they don't offer operation unless really necessary like seized up cannot move it for instance, and said after a couple of years you no better off so offer alternative treatment. I went on a programme of physiotherapy with a group of other patients called escape pain you go and do various exercises 2 minutes at a time and explore different ways to manage pain.Found it really helpful but if i don't exercise after couple of days get pain and stiffness etc. Been on painkillers naproxen and paracetamol today should really make the effort to do some exercise but too tired after another heavy day at least next week off. :dance

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 21:03

HTPostman wrote:I know the use of your own trainers is a mixed bag (some are dead against it) but I’d suggest you at least get some insoles for your RM footwear.

simple solution, get a note from doctor saying issued footwear not suitable causing you pain and buy you own, put the receipt in, think its just over £30 every 6 months you can claim
obviously certain trainers are not good enough in the rain & snow

Knee pain

09 Jul 2020, 21:25

Got a doctor's note, that cost me £12, about 3 years ago. The manager at the time always honoured the agreement. The new manager just fobs me off. Haven't had a payment for over a year. Can they stipulate what sort of shoes you buy? I've taken to wearing trainers, but the manager says f**k all. I don't think me and him are destined to be big mates :Very Happy.

Knee pain

10 Jul 2020, 07:26

My partner works his day off & ends up taking parcels only, he’s also been moaning his knees & hip are killing after climbing in & out the van 100 times a shift, maybe have a few weeks off driving & do the postman’s walk to recover would help?

Knee pain

10 Jul 2020, 08:59

bertieboy wrote:Got a doctor's note, that cost me £12, about 3 years ago. The manager at the time always honoured the agreement. The new manager just fobs me off. Haven't had a payment for over a year. Can they stipulate what sort of shoes you buy? I've taken to wearing trainers, but the manager says f**k all. I don't think me and him are destined to be big mates :Very Happy.

Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical/Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Act
&
Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons

Knee pain

13 Jul 2020, 17:44

Now and again I have knee pain and lower back pain, I take 2 ibuprofen and 2 co-codamol tablets together

Knee pain

13 Jul 2020, 18:22

ihatedogs wrote:

I had my mri scan today so will wait and see,back to work tomorrow for my stage 1 oh what joy!,

Knee pain

14 Jul 2020, 07:51

world class male wrote:
HTPostman wrote:I know the use of your own trainers is a mixed bag (some are dead against it) but I’d suggest you at least get some insoles for your RM footwear.

simple solution, get a note from doctor saying issued footwear not suitable causing you pain and buy you own, put the receipt in, think its just over £30 every 6 months you can claim
obviously certain trainers are not good enough in the rain & snow

I meant there are some postmen, certainly in my depot, who insist on wearing RM footwear even though it’s giving them all kinds of problems, not because of the cost or having to get reimbursed if they bought trainers but because they don’t see why they should have to sort footwear out. A very stubborn approach along the lines of ‘I’m not spending time looking for trainers, it’s work who should provide better ones not my responsibility, but anyway I’ll wear RM shoes even if it cripples me.’

Knee pain

14 Jul 2020, 14:27

Still felt knee pain during my walk yesterday so 1 days rest on Sunday hasn't been sufficient recovery time. Wore own trainers today instead , just home from what was a really light day and noticeable decrease in pain leading me to believe main reason has to be RM footwear are the cause of the problem. Will have to contact the doctors now and get a note so i'm able to wear my own, get reimbursed etc.

Knee pain

14 Jul 2020, 16:12

I used this program years ago to help my knee out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knee pain

18 Jul 2020, 16:15

ITB https://www.medicinenet.com/iliotibial_ ... rticle.htm

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1