not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 14:52

On a Saturday will it come back?,Dom says Mondays are quiet.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 14:56

Been talked about in my office. Rep says it only is a matter of time

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 15:07

Something similar, I'd suggest. I reckon weekends may well become overtime; our office cut the staff in two every weekend we did Saturday's only. All SA contracts will be given 28 days notice, and rest day working will be phased out. My guess is if it was put to a ballot by the union it'd pass, because a majority would happy scrap their rotating day off in favour of weekends. The part time reserves will almost certainly accept as most end up with every Tuesday off.

Either that or mail becomes every other day, or something similar. They'll scrap time limited specials in favour of next day guarenteed, and have a uniformed class for mail. Instead of first and second, it'll be one class with an aim of 1 - 3 days.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 15:28

The business is in talks with the regulator at the moment, so the changes wont be that long in coming.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 15:53

Considering how quiet the last 2 mondays have been, unless you have 2 days of mail.

Tuesday to Saturday would seem more likely.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 16:53

No, it will be Monday - Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday will be tracked and Reg, either on OT or PT, it's been trialled already rember.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 16:59

We had the DSM a few days ago 'has anyone got any ideas?,as your the ones doing the delivery and we dont know the best way through'.

Parcels only

07 Jul 2020, 18:40

2yearpostie wrote:We had the DSM a few days ago 'has anyone got any ideas?,as your the ones doing the delivery and we dont know the best way through'.

Same at our office , like they will take on board anything we have to say .

Parcels only

08 Jul 2020, 19:10

I think it’s been quiet like it has been by design so they can make the changes they want

Parcels only

08 Jul 2020, 20:21

Aren’t we just going round in circles though and if we go down to parcels only we are back in the situation we were in a few weeks back with Monday being manic?

You see, it wouldn’t be bad if we just did parcels on a Saturday and working all our hours was enforced by management and we were made to stop till our finish time on the Saturday putting mail in and prepping D2Ds.

But instead we’ll just have managers leaving at 11am, people on flyers, leaving by midday then come Monday morning you have all Saturdays mail to prep.

It’s just like Groundhog Day.

Parcels only

08 Jul 2020, 21:31

HTPostman wrote:Aren’t we just going round in circles though and if we go down to parcels only we are back in the situation we were in a few weeks back with Monday being manic?

You see, it wouldn’t be bad if we just did parcels on a Saturday and working all our hours was enforced by management and we were made to stop till our finish time on the Saturday putting mail in and prepping D2Ds.

But instead we’ll just have managers leaving at 11am, people on flyers, leaving by midday then come Monday morning you have all Saturdays mail to prep.

It’s just like Groundhog Day.

I don't think we will ever lose the culture of staff not working their full hours per week. All that ever seems to happen is that higher up managers notice early finishes, demand 'x' hours are removed, extra pressure placed on newer staff who are on probation, others continue not working their hours, and repeat.

Parcels only

08 Jul 2020, 22:26

Cucumber wrote:I don't think we will ever lose the culture of staff not working their full hours per week. All that ever seems to happen is that higher up managers notice early finishes, demand 'x' hours are removed, extra pressure placed on newer staff who are on probation, others continue not working their hours, and repeat.

We will have to see what the revisions bring but yes I agree.

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 08:41

If the USO is changed by OFCOM it has to go through parliament so change could be 18 months away.

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 09:52

claretandblue wrote:If the USO is changed by OFCOM it has to go through parliament so change could be 18 months away.

Wouldn't be to sure on that, if it suits this government it will be put through under emergency measures

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 10:55

I believe Saturday only parcels would have worked with a bit more effort, I think most had got the grip of it towards the end?

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 14:37

twoloops wrote:I believe Saturday only parcels would have worked with a bit more effort, I think most had got the grip of it towards the end?

Saturday only parcels DID work, it was Manic Monday 2 days later that was the problem. Most staff were finished very early on Saturday, but rightly refused to work over on Monday. Managers even tried to get people who were off most Saturdays during it to work extended on the Mondays - crazy or what.

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 14:48

Cucumber wrote:
Saturday only parcels DID work.
Most staff were finished very early on Saturday,

Clearly it didn't work then because you didn't have sufficient work on the Saturday to fill the hours you were paid for?

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 16:07

clashcityrocker wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
Saturday only parcels DID work.
Most staff were finished very early on Saturday,

Clearly it didn't work then because you didn't have sufficient work on the Saturday to fill the hours you were paid for?

Simple solution to that, instead of 1 person covering 2 rounds make it 4 or how ever many to fill the hours. More people can have Saturdays off

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 16:20

But it wasn't a simple solution because any changes to attendance patterns had to be voluntary.

Add to that the need to have competent sorters in and from my experience not enough has been invested over the years to ensure enough people are trained on IPS to ensure an efficient operation.

Parcels only

09 Jul 2020, 17:53

clashcityrocker wrote:But it wasn't a simple solution because any changes to attendance patterns had to be voluntary.

Add to that the need to have competent sorters in and from my experience not enough has been invested over the years to ensure enough people are trained on IPS to ensure an efficient operation.

Agree with the last bit. We have PT’s at our place with less than 5yrs service who were parachuted onto duties almost upon entry. They have only ever done a handful of duties & therefore are not competent on sorting. Call me old fashioned but surely it would make more sense for these people to ‘learn the ropes’ & cover the majority of walks in the DO & gain the knowledge?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2