not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 14:52

Been told we aren’t hitting budget in our office so they’re stopping overtime. Can they do this?

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 15:13

Yes

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 15:19

Alfreton wrote:Been told we aren’t hitting budget in our office so they’re stopping overtime. Can they do this?

Yes ours stopped about a month ago. No extended being paid and OT walks being absorbed if people a stupid enough to get back early.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 16:12

Same here, we are only paying prep, but thats because we are 70% part timers.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 18:19

Alfreton wrote:Been told we aren’t hitting budget in our office so they’re stopping overtime. Can they do this?

If it's Scheduled Attendance they have to give 28 days notice.
If it isn't they don't even have to give you 28 seconds notice.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 18:26

Didn't they knock O/T on the head for extended at the start of lockdown?
Well they did at our asylim.
f**k it, work to your time and leave the c***s in the s**t they've created.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 18:52

I don't understand how if your prepared to work over to complete a duty but the boss refuses to let you, that he is not guilty of wilful delay.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 19:07

Tell him that & see what he says.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 19:52

Thought we were just failing walks now. Office is loads under budget but loads ot being paid to complete over next couple of days after your walk stays in. Net result, big savings for office. Ok, peoples mail and normal packets don't get delivered for 3days, but that seems ok now. Ho hum .

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 20:05

rambo1 wrote:Thought we were just failing walks now. Office is loads under budget but loads ot being paid to complete over next couple of days after your walk stays in. Net result, big savings for office. Ok, peoples mail and normal packets don't get delivered for 3days, but that seems ok now. Ho hum .

Same at ours, I remember a time that you'd get a right rollocking if some mail didn't get delivered.

They honestly don't give a monkeys now.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 20:20

rambo1 wrote:Thought we were just failing walks now. Office is loads under budget but loads ot being paid to complete over next couple of days after your walk stays in. Net result, big savings for office. Ok, peoples mail and normal packets don't get delivered for 3days, but that seems ok now. Ho hum .

Some duties, in particular Rurals, can have 3 days worth of mail in them and it would only take 20-30 minutes longer to deliver. Do the tracked and specials on them each day in 90 minutes, then on day 3 clear everything. Instead of 3x5 hour deliveries, it's 1.5, 1.5, 5.5 = 8.5hrs. A saving of 6.5 hours over 3 days.

Can they stop overtime?

05 Jul 2020, 20:23

I've got to say that at my office there is so much overtime, if you want it of course.

We even had overtime on the Saturdays when we were only delivering parcels.

Can they stop overtime?

06 Jul 2020, 06:26

Cucumber wrote:

Some duties, in particular Rurals, can have 3 days worth of mail in them and it would only take 20-30 minutes longer to deliver. Do the tracked and specials on them each day in 90 minutes, then on day 3 clear everything. Instead of 3x5 hour deliveries, it's 1.5, 1.5, 5.5 = 8.5hrs. A saving of 6.5 hours over 3 days.

I partially agree with that, in so much as most rurals take pretty much the same length of time regardless of whether it's a very light Tuesday or the usual Wacky Wednesday, but I doubt there are many rural where you can do all the Tracked and Specials in 1.5 hours... of all the 60 mile+ rurals I cover it would take that long just to drive around them without even stopping at any delivery points!

Can they stop overtime?

06 Jul 2020, 15:52

Cant remember the last time i completed a delivery, work to time is fine by me.

Can they stop overtime?

06 Jul 2020, 17:48

Overtime has been paid as normal before and since the c19 outbreak at our office. Why would you not do an evening collection or extra walking when there was no traffic to contend with and all parcels/packets where easy to deliver with someone always at home.
It's been great with single van occupancy and the good weather, shame they let all the nutters out on the road again.

Can they stop overtime?

06 Jul 2020, 17:55

pex wrote:Overtime has been paid as normal before and since the c19 outbreak at our office. Why would you not do an evening collection or extra walking when there was no traffic to contend with and all parcels/packets where easy to deliver with someone always at home.
It's been great with single van occupancy and the good weather, shame they let all the nutters out on the road again.

After working 5hr deliveries 5 days a week, I salute anyone who can walk more than that each day.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1