not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Callers office

05 Jul 2020, 11:03

Will callers offices ever return to normal opening hours again? I have heard unconfirmed rumours that Royal Mail are attempting to use current situation to save hours in callers offices nationally , footfall as fallen etc

Callers office

05 Jul 2020, 12:08

I personally think it's a good idea to keep callers office opening hours reduced and put the onus on the person who ordered the parcel
to think about providing a place at the delivery point to leave their goods.
An opaque cheap plastic box will suffice in most cases with a notice stating leave parcels in box to cover us.
Delivery persons signing for everything and getting rid of almost all packets/parcels at first attempt has sped up delivery quite a bit and saved a lot of indoor time
signing in items, and then going through the procedure to get them sorted /redelivered or collected.

Callers office

05 Jul 2020, 13:34

pex wrote:An opaque cheap plastic box will suffice in most cases with a notice stating leave parcels in box to cover us.

Doubtful, if you can gain access to place it there, someone else can gain access to nick it

Callers office

06 Jul 2020, 23:53

pex wrote:I personally think it's a good idea to keep callers office opening hours reduced and put the onus on the person who ordered the parcel
to think about providing a place at the delivery point to leave their goods.
An opaque cheap plastic box will suffice in most cases with a notice stating leave parcels in box to cover us.
Delivery persons signing for everything and getting rid of almost all packets/parcels at first attempt has sped up delivery quite a bit and saved a lot of indoor time
signing in items, and then going through the procedure to get them sorted /redelivered or collected.

Delivery person can only sign it "xp1" if someone is there to accept the parcel otherwise u would be leaving yourself open for Gross Misconduct ie alternative employment.

But agree with you first time delivery saves time everywhere (postie on delivery / callers office processing parcel etc)

Callers office

14 Jul 2020, 16:09

Any more word if they are carrying on like this for the long term?

Callers office

14 Jul 2020, 16:17

Been told by my DOM they will stay as they are, it works and saves money

Callers office

14 Jul 2020, 17:02

Communication Workers Union Memo
Postal
RM Outdoor
OUR REF: DATE: TO:
MB/600/20/nj 13th July 2020
PE Members
Divisional Representatives/ADR’s/ASRs
Mark Baulch Assistant Secretary
National Joint Statement - Customer Service Point opening hours/ Coronavirus Review Process
Dear Colleagues,
As was reported in LTB 335/20, in relation to the above, we have undertaken the first review of CSP opening hours as part of the commitment within the National Joint Statement. In line with the review process, Royal Mail has shared the relevant data and having had further discussions Nationally in this regard, the main salient points from this review meeting are outlined below;
• While there has been some slight movement in the decline of First Time Deliveries from previously 98.2%, the FTD rate remains at 97.7% across the whole UK which is still above the FTD rate experienced pre the Covid -19 Lockdown and revised opening hours.
• Week on week, particularly Monday / Tuesday there has been a decline in collections, particularly since the extension of Saturday opening hours, whereas, Thursday has shown to be the busiest weekday (22%) followed by Friday (21%) with Saturday (31%) the busiest. Therefore, as outlined within the Joint Statement, this aspect will be monitored in further ongoing reviews and the requirement to increase hours at the back end of the week will be monitored, as the next increase to opening hours.
• While there was an increase in parcels of 1.7% last week received into CSP’s, 57% of those were then re-deliveries.
• Whilst the last week or so has seen slight increases in the number of items needing to be booked in using the system, these overall numbers are still significantly lower than those experienced before Lockdown.
• The data shows that in very large offices there are c124 items per day collected, approximately 26 per hour, and in large offices it is 66 per day (25 per hour). Medium to small offices it is c40 items daily (15 per hour), and small to micro offices is 11 items per day.
• There have been around 50 complaints logged from customers nationwide in relation to CSP’s, we have requested that a further breakdown of the nature and details of these complaints is provided for the further ongoing review process going forward.
• We have also raised the issue of people queuing outside of the CSP which is causing difficulties and is creating the potential for irate customers and our members to face the brunt of this. We have informed Royal Mail that we would provide evidence of this through images captured and sent into CWU HQ from Branches, and the likely increase of this as more people return to work as a consequence of the lockdown measures being eased.

• Royal Mail have confirmed that they will raise these issues with the Customer Experience Team in order to get something onto the RM website to encourage customers to get to CSP’s as early as they could, otherwise customers may experience a queue and may not be able to pick up items as a result of the time spent waiting in line.
• We have once again pushed Royal Mail to extend opening hours of CSP’s now, as the restricted hours are making this position worse and in our view are also increasing risk for the potential of cross contamination for customers.
As the data outlined and shared with us is on a National basis, management will deal with any requests from individual offices for extended opening hours and will make a judgement based on evidence or necessity within that locality over and above the National review process, as there may be local factors which the National data does not pick up. We would request that where Branches are facing difficulty in this regard, that they also highlight any issues with the Outdoor department in order for us to also raise these Nationally and provide the necessary assistance.
Therefore, to summarise the position at this stage and based on the current data trends and analysis which has been provided as outlined above, and also despite our opposition, Royal Mail on a National basis do not feel that there is a need to extend opening hours at this point.
We will continue to review this data again next week along with the added points we have raised with Royal Mail and would therefore request that any issues being experienced within CSP’s are progressed by Branches in line with the Joint Statement.
For any enquiries please contact the Outdoor Department at: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org.
Yours sincerely,
Mark Baulch
Assistant Secretary

Callers office

14 Jul 2020, 19:29

Huge queues every day at ours. Plus lots of people turning up well after they are shut.

Callers office

15 Jul 2020, 17:16

Cucumber wrote:Huge queues every day at ours. Plus lots of people turning up well after they are shut.

More often than not it’s because posties have been using the wrong 739’s at ours which give the normal opening times.

Callers office

16 Jul 2020, 20:26

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
Cucumber wrote:Huge queues every day at ours. Plus lots of people turning up well after they are shut.

More often than not it’s because posties have been using the wrong 739’s at ours which give the normal opening times.

Same at our Customer Service Point. People showing up later in the day looking baffled and disappointed. Most days lately I've walked back to the office and stop outside the CSP to ask what the customers are upset about (and I correctly assume what the reason is). Yes, it's often incorrect P739s. Stupid posties. :evil/mad

There's also the problem of out of date opening times on Google. I mentioned this on another post here on RM Chat: Google hasn't updated the CSP opening times, which has confused many customers I've run into. I've had to explain that they should go straight to RM's official website; don't look at what Google shows.

And what was the response from the Royal Mail managers' when I raised these annoyances experienced by customers? A lack of interest. (What's the point of trying to improve Royal Mail's standing in the community when Royal Mail doesn't care about its customers?)

Callers office

16 Jul 2020, 21:59

Seeing as more often than not I'm one of the few leaving the office ion foot , I'm the one the punters jump on when they turn up after the office has shut.
Whatever the reason, I ask if they'd like it redelivered and phone the lads in the closed callers office to arrange it.
And whatever the reason for the punter turning up after hours I'm given grief by our lot for not just sending them packing.
RM truly give no fucks about the punters from the shop floor upwards.

Today it was a lady with an old card with the wrong times on.
Yesterday it was a card with ALL the times crossed out.

Got stopped by some old boy in a shop who thanked me profusely for getting his parcel redelivered when he was marooned outside the office unable to complete a redelivery request on his ancient mobile.

Callers office

17 Jul 2020, 00:14

I have never tried to do a redelivered online but I’m told by customers who have that it’s not a good experience. We have had members of the public trying to get in the staff only door round the back when they have realised the csp is shut and then going onto kick off. The managers can deal with all that, can’t see why they can’t go back to the normal hours now everything else is open.

Callers office

17 Jul 2020, 07:40

Yet again it’s just awful planning. As soon as the callers office hours changed, a line manager should’ve spent at best an hour going round each frame, each person and each van taking the old P739 from us and giving us the new ones. It would’ve been so easy.

Instead it’s been down to the individual to remember and half of them are so hell bent on rushing round and getting done early I’m not surprised they don’t look at which cards they have in their pockets.

Callers office

17 Jul 2020, 19:38

A while back I asked our office manager to get on the PA system in the morning and announce over the speakers that the posties need to make sure they use the correct P739s. To this day no announcement has been made.

Useless management as per usual.

Callers office

17 Jul 2020, 20:48

We had P739s with the revised information on them, but at some point in the last month they ran out and there hasn't been another print run. Stuck with the old ones, and naturally members of the public are turning up at the loading bay demanding to see managers when they find the front door locked. :cuppa

Callers office

18 Jul 2020, 04:58

Mr Rush wrote:We had P739s with the revised information on them, but at some point in the last month they ran out and there hasn't been another print run. Stuck with the old ones, and naturally members of the public are turning up at the loading bay demanding to see managers when they find the front door locked. :cuppa

Same here, ours ran out before someone had the foresight to print off stickers saying ‘refer to website for opening times’ which we then stick over the top.

I’ll be honest, on Monday I forgot to take the stickers so I just scribbled out the old info and wrote ‘see website etc’ which does the same job.

Callers office

19 Jul 2020, 19:03

Well they seem to keep turning up at our office long after the doors have been locked they either cannot read or just love driving for the heck of it. I often see them at the door their exasperation is one of an England batsman on a duck getting out and it happens just-as regularly!

Callers office

19 Jul 2020, 19:09

How do P O Box Holders access there mail during the restricted opening hour,s

Callers office

19 Jul 2020, 19:53

wallan wrote:How do P O Box Holders access there mail during the restricted opening hour,s

When it’s open!

Callers office

19 Jul 2020, 20:13

deltaforce wrote:
wallan wrote:How do P O Box Holders access there mail during the restricted opening hour,s

When it’s open!

:Very Happy :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2