not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Using car to get to delivery

03 Jul 2020, 14:46

What do the guys that do this get for it? Do You claim an amount per mile? If You have to use a car park is Your ticket paid for by RM? Just wondering and not out to flame anyone for doing it

03 Jul 2020, 17:45

I've been using mine for a couple of months now. Purely to get to the loops and NOT to carry any mail/parcels. I've been paid 45p per mile. Not parked in any car parks, so no idea about ticket reimbursement!

03 Jul 2020, 17:49

Why would anyone want to use there own personal car after Royal mail banned them years ago ????

Now there going to let people do it for a few months to suit themselves.
And your only insured third party.

Get a grip tell them to poke it

03 Jul 2020, 19:20

Even just going to the start of the first loop, you're probably going to need business use on your insurance. I believe a lot of insurance companies class commuting as to your usual place of work

03 Jul 2020, 20:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:Even just going to the start of the first loop, you're probably going to need business use on your insurance. I believe a lot of insurance companies class commuting as to your usual place of work

Funnily enough, I've not heard of any manager ensuring people have the correct insurance

07 Jul 2020, 23:07

Business insurance is included for no extra with direct line and churchill.
45p per mile is the rate. When I've had to use a public car park when going to another DO, the cost has been reimbursed, so assume it would be the same for parking for delivery from your own DO.

11 Jul 2020, 19:58

the lad i work with uses his car from the 1st day all this kicked in....

45p a mile yeah

we do about 8 mile a day of stop start 6 loops

i worked it out he has to drive over 42 speed bumps a day 5 days a week
i put that because imagine the wear and tear of what......16 weeks??? lost count here

glad i said no and use there van

12 Jul 2020, 13:20

using cars , you mad ??
Mornings and afternoons here, so hardly any sorters in the morning so plenty of cut offs

12 Jul 2020, 14:48

It really isn't ever worth using your own vehicle.

12 Jul 2020, 16:55

I don’t get it full stop. A guy here was one of the first to agree to use his car. Before the pandemic he was getting in on average about 10 hours indoor OT a week.

Agrees to use his car, now starts on the street. Result - loss of £110 ish a week overtime, all so he can get home half an hour earlier on a quiet day. So he’s finishing a total of 90 mins before his start time during the week (£17 ish), but losing out on £110. That’s £93 a week down, plus wear and tear on his car.

Use your head people.

12 Jul 2020, 17:36

HTPostman wrote:I don’t get it full stop. A guy here was one of the first to agree to use his car. Before the pandemic he was getting in on average about 10 hours indoor OT a week.

Agrees to use his car, now starts on the street. Result - loss of £110 ish a week overtime, all so he can get home half an hour earlier on a quiet day. So he’s finishing a total of 90 mins before his start time during the week (£17 ish), but losing out on £110. That’s £93 a week down, plus wear and tear on his car.

Use your head people.

Exactly the same in our office - it must be happening all over. People were blinded into an extra 30 mins in their bed and the convenience of not having to go into office, but they were doing plenty OT every week. The penny dropped after about week 4, but they seriously think this was going to be for a few weeks?

12 Jul 2020, 17:40

HTPostman wrote:I don’t get it full stop. A guy here was one of the first to agree to use his car. Before the pandemic he was getting in on average about 10 hours indoor OT a week.

Use your head people.

if that's regular how long will it be before management either add 90 mins worth of work to the walk or take 90 mins out of the office? if RM are genuinely loosing 1m day day I think it was, then chances are that DOMs will be getting leaned on hard by their bosses to cut as many hours out of offices that they can

14 Jul 2020, 07:45

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Use your head people.

if that's regular how long will it be before management either add 90 mins worth of work to the walk or take 90 mins out of the office? if RM are genuinely loosing 1m day day I think it was, then chances are that DOMs will be getting leaned on hard by their bosses to cut as many hours out of offices that they can

Sorry, I didn’t word that very well. A total of 90 mins throughout the week - so Monday, Tuesday and Saturday half an hour before his finish time....IF it’s a quiet day.

To be honest when it comes to budgets I think those doing that round don’t need to worry about cuts, it’s those who are regularly coming back to the depot around midday who should be looking over their shoulder.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1