not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Slinging us to another depot

02 Jul 2020, 19:46

A depot near mine has had to be covered by us. Due to coronavirus and isolating they have either no staff or next to no staff.

Our depot has been sending over staff to help out, however, I want to know if I have to go if asked? It’s a nearly two hour round journey and after loading and sorting it seems almost pointless in going.

Obviously it’s great to get paid for a full day with only a couple of actual hours work but with the stress of getting there and figuring where you’re going out I’d rather just stick to the devil I know.

02 Jul 2020, 19:53

I think technically there is not much you can do really.You just do the job as directed and they would deem it a reasonable request.
Of course it's total bull but I don't think there is much officially you could do to refuse.
Obviously you make sure they provide transport to and from etc etc
Last edited by theotherone on 02 Jul 2020, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

02 Jul 2020, 19:53

I dont think you can refuse no as long as they are providing a van for you

sounds great if you stick to your start and finishing times

03 Jul 2020, 15:35

I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.

03 Jul 2020, 15:50

scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.

Pah RM aren't bothered about minor details like that!!

03 Jul 2020, 15:50

scoobydo79 wrote:I don’t think I’d be going there if there has been people had the virus.Potentially You could get it then infect another office.

I wonder if they change the delivery bags that infected people have been using. I'd wager not.

04 Jul 2020, 05:28

Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.

04 Jul 2020, 06:01

Just roll up on your push bike at your normal office, they will not give a van to go & no van sharing :left:

04 Jul 2020, 10:53

Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.

I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.

04 Jul 2020, 14:36

cpsteve wrote:
Postie45 wrote:Its a reasonable request to ask you to go to another office, they do have to provide the means for you to start and finish at your scheduled times at your own office. If it takes 2 hours round trip, then thats whats it takes, they know this and its their decision as manager to ask you to still do it, whether its productive enough isnt really up to you to evaluate.

I do not agree i think two hours driving is unreasonable and if i was his rep i would argue his case.

I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!

05 Jul 2020, 14:27

rambo1 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

I think forcing you to go to an office with a known covid outbreak is unreasonable!

Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.

05 Jul 2020, 20:05

cpsteve wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

Has there been an outbreak at an office? i know there has been the odd case here and there but not an outbreak like the meat processing plants if so that would be good reason to refuse.

Theres been at least 3 offices with 5-6 cases.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1