not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Slinging us to another depot

02 Jul 2020, 19:41

A depot near mine has had to be covered by us. Due to coronavirus and isolating they have either no staff or next to no staff.

Our depot has been sending over staff to help out, however, I want to know if I have to go if asked? It’s a nearly two hour round journey and after loading and sorting it seems almost pointless in going.

Obviously it’s great to get paid for a full day with only a couple of actual hours work but with the stress of getting there and figuring where you’re going out I’d rather just stick to the devil I know.

02 Jul 2020, 22:50

Just do everything by the book, they'll soon stop sending you.
Proper van check, drive over at reasonable speed, don't be tempted to put your foot down because you're under pressure, you're not. Fuel up on the way there.
When you're on a blind walk do everything properly whilst you're still in the office, bundling up, turning for pkts etc.
ask for a map, how to bundle, where to park.
Take your break, at least half before you go out and half whilst on walk or full break before you leave office. Don't agree to a break at end of duty, you'll just be pressuring yourself.
Make sure you return to the office leaving you enough time to do wait left pkts, kill offs, no access stuff and still have travel time back to your home d.o.
Give it a week the DOM will actively request you never go there again.
Alternatively, go if asked, do as above and enjoy a few weeks of easy work.

03 Jul 2020, 07:06

And make sure they supply a vehicle for you to travel in, do not use your own to get there and back, not enough vans? then you cant go.

04 Jul 2020, 09:20

Ianwee wrote:A depot near mine has had to be covered by us. Due to coronavirus and isolating they have either no staff or next to no staff.

Our depot has been sending over staff to help out, however, I want to know if I have to go if asked? It’s a nearly two hour round journey and after loading and sorting it seems almost pointless in going.

Obviously it’s great to get paid for a full day with only a couple of actual hours work but with the stress of getting there and figuring where you’re going out I’d rather just stick to the devil I know.

Mate i'd love this. 2 hours wasted on a round time to another office.
5hr 30 min shift
5hr shift (30 min break)
3hr shift (2hr travel to & from office)
2hr shift (throw in packets/redirection etc/ check walk log)
1hr 45 shift (van check)
1hr 15min on the street (time to get to delivery & back/ getting lost etc)

I understand the mail would be horrendous but with a golf trolley to carry the weight it would be brilliant. If you are the other way inclined, then there is the potential for extending.

I see it as a win win situation for both the work2time & the overtime brigades

04 Jul 2020, 10:41

An hours drive is not near you so its unreasonable to expect you to go there of course in London traffic it might be only be five miles away but i still believe you have good reason to say its not a reasonable request as always see your rep and talk it over with the manager if they know you will only work your time with travel back taken off your finish time and you will claim all expenses then they might be less likely to send you there.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1