not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Collections from Customers Homes.

30 Jun 2020, 18:35

Parcel collections from customers homes are starting in our Delivery Office. We will be collecting up to 5 parcels per household with a maximum of 5 different calls per day whilst on delivery. This number is bound to increase quickly.

30 Jun 2020, 18:38

25 extra parcels? So youve been given a roof rack or a trailer for the van then? :dance

30 Jun 2020, 18:43

2yearpostie wrote:25 extra parcels? So youve been given a roof rack or a trailer for the van then? :dance

Obviously do it in the imaginary 30 minutes 'parcel collection loop' at the end of the duty that's been built in by extensive planning.

30 Jun 2020, 19:59

I guess that will be the end of lapsing then :left:

30 Jun 2020, 22:29

I was always told way back when I started they we couldn’t take mail from people and that it had to be put in a box so we couldn’t be accused of anything. What happens if one of these parcels goes missing, those of us who have our own duty’s are going to be the ones who get the ear bashing if there’s any problem.

30 Jun 2020, 22:40

When did this start? Had some old boy trying to foist Parcelforce stuff onto me the other day. There was no way it was going to fit in the trolley anyway so I had to refer him to customer services.

01 Jul 2020, 08:06

When age verification parcels first came in i was expecting loads every day but i think i had one since it launched. Maybe this will be the same.

01 Jul 2020, 08:15

Most probably a returns service starting up

01 Jul 2020, 08:18

glass joe wrote:When age verification parcels first came in i was expecting loads every day but i think i had one since it launched. Maybe this will be the same.

One since it was launched??

I'm guessing your office doesn't still have an Amazon contract?

I have at least 2-3 a day.

01 Jul 2020, 08:58

wacko74 wrote:
glass joe wrote:When age verification parcels first came in i was expecting loads every day but i think i had one since it launched. Maybe this will be the same.

Guessing not. In Bournemouth so there a amazon hub down the road.

01 Jul 2020, 09:12

wacko74 wrote:

Local Post Office not happy , they loose there fee for not handling the items , Collection Driver not happy , due to the reduction in items being collected from Post Offices , relief collections cancelled , that,s progress

01 Jul 2020, 10:10

wallan wrote:collection Driver not happy , due to the reduction in items being collected from Post Offices , relief collections cancelled , that,s progress

Wouldn't the sensible thing be for collection drivers to collect these returns from customers houses? They tend to have larger vans plus cover large areas.

01 Jul 2020, 11:18

Are they going to have a sorry I missed you card printed up because you can be sure some of these customers :roll: :roll: won't be in when we turn up to collect their parcels

01 Jul 2020, 11:21

What sort of parcels will be collected? will it be tracked from home business/ebay printed labels etc?

01 Jul 2020, 12:03

30+YEARMAN wrote:Are they going to have a sorry I missed you card printed up because you can be sure some of these customers :roll: :roll: won't be in when we turn up to collect their parcels

It will not be long before " Timed Collections " are introduced

01 Jul 2020, 12:15

wallan wrote:
30+YEARMAN wrote:Are they going to have a sorry I missed you card printed up because you can be sure some of these customers :roll: :roll: won't be in when we turn up to collect their parcels

It will not be long before " Timed Collections " are introduced

I think actual timed deliveries of Tracked will come in first. The software for it is already in place and running, just not used

01 Jul 2020, 13:54

glass joe wrote:What sort of parcels will be collected? will it be tracked from home business/ebay printed labels etc?

Union Room Sec , LTB 331 / 20 Consumer Collections Training Plan

01 Jul 2020, 16:59

So when they going to tell us about this I read ir last week its a joint agreement between RM and CWU. Mentioned it in work got the nirmal shrugg if shoukders from manager and the cwu rep.

01 Jul 2020, 17:00

Was it okayed by the CWU?

01 Jul 2020, 17:01

So when they going to tell us about this I read ir last week its a joint agreement between RM and CWU. Mentioned it in work got the nirmal shrugg if shoukders from manager and the cwu rep.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2