not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : Inflight options : Customers can now change where their parcel is delivered after it has been sent

30 Jun 2020, 16:55

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... ht-options

Customers expecting RM Tracked 24/48 parcels can now request a range of delivery options, thanks to our new ‘Inflight Delivery Options’ service.

Launched nationwide on 26 June following a successful pilot, Inflight Delivery Options allow customers to make changes to delivery locations before a delivery attempt, via Track & Trace on our website or the Royal Mail app.

Options for Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 items include Delivery to Neighbour and Safeplace. Recipients of Royal Mail Tracked 24/48 and Special Delivery parcels can also request a redelivery if they are not at home, before we've attempted delivery, as well as Preferred Neighbour or Safeplace options for their Royal Mail Tracked redelivery items.

In addition, Inflight Delivery Options offer operational benefits to Royal Mail, specifically an improved first-time delivery rate.

How to use this service
    You will receive an email, SMS or push notification from the Royal Mail App for eligible items and we'll also let you know when to expect your parcel
    This will take you through to Track and Trace either online or within the app
    Click on Change Delivery Options
    Enter the item barcode and delivery postcode
    Select your preferred change option available at that time and submit

https://www.royalmail.com/receiving/cha ... ry-options

MRM.COM : Inflight options : Customers can now change where their parcel is delivered after it has been sent

30 Jun 2020, 17:20

Really bad time to be launching this but I guess we'll just have to muddle through and take the flak when failures occur.

30 Jun 2020, 17:43

its great that the CWU are still agreeing to all this s**t and yet we still know nothing about the talks but that doesnt surprise me :crazy: , but yet again non of this extra time has been built into deliverys even though the company still dont want to pay o/t and i hope its not on the loops that are still sat in the office :thumbup , and to be honest i give up :arrrghhh

30 Jun 2020, 18:18

So reading that you could scan a special/tracked at the door and get the special beep telling you they don't want it until tomorrow because they aren't in? So I take it you don't bother putting a card through and just take it back to the office and bring it out again the next day? Or will these get intercepted when they are scanned into the office so won't reach us before the new delivery day?

30 Jun 2020, 18:25

I’ve had 3 so far and have to say they have all worked well, telling me where to leave it or which neighbour (who was in). I wouldn’t say it took any longer - for example the one today said leave in greenhouse which took about a minute including taking a photo. If I’d have P739d it, it would’ve taken about a minute too.

I’m sure my opinion will change when I get more difficult requests.

30 Jun 2020, 18:28

citypostie wrote:So reading that you could scan a special/tracked at the door and get the special beep telling you they don't want it until tomorrow because they aren't in? So I take it you don't bother putting a card through and just take it back to the office and bring it out again the next day? Or will these get intercepted when they are scanned into the office so won't reach us before the new delivery day?

If it's a SD it would probably have to be attempted unless there was an official retention in place otherwise the system would class it as a failure

30 Jun 2020, 18:32

citypostie wrote:So reading that you could scan a special/tracked at the door and get the special beep telling you they don't want it until tomorrow because they aren't in? So I take it you don't bother putting a card through and just take it back to the office and bring it out again the next day? Or will these get intercepted when they are scanned into the office so won't reach us before the new delivery day?

They would have to be intercepted but that's where i believe the problems will come when they are missed

30 Jun 2020, 18:37

Its great, the ones ive had include, leave in green bin and throw over fence, happy to oblige :thumbup

30 Jun 2020, 18:48

I guess is one of the way to start to compete with other couriers, you can’t just bring a name old 500 years in your shoulder to be the best, you need be focus on what the customer would like see from the biggest, with this I will say been able to delivering a packet it’s the aim of all we do for Customer and I guess they want to be able to say with friends, Royal Mail mail service it’s what I’m looking for.
Be efficient=Be visible not invisible = you are more likely to be the next courier that customers will choose .

YOU LIKE IT OR NOT,YOU ARE TIRED OR NOT, ARE THE ONE THAT ARE PAYING YOUR WAGES.

30 Jun 2020, 19:23

Every other courier has in-flight redirections so people now expect it. For RM is probably a case of introduce in-flight redirections or loose contracts

30 Jun 2020, 19:35

SpacePhoenix wrote:Every other courier has in-flight redirections so people now expect it. For RM is probably a case of introduce in-flight redirections or loose contracts

Other couriers do offer the service but again they only work if the scans are carried out. Hermes regulary deliver parcels to me but i don't receive the notification of out for delivery till after delivery. DPD, who i regard as the best courier, also seem to be having problems in this regard recently

30 Jun 2020, 19:39

If RM can bring a new product to market then that is a positive thing for us.

30 Jun 2020, 20:29

Other couriers don't deliver letters, it's a big difference

30 Jun 2020, 21:15

A2B wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Every other courier has in-flight redirections so people now expect it. For RM is probably a case of introduce in-flight redirections or loose contracts

Other couriers do offer the service but again they only work if the scans are carried out. Hermes regulary deliver parcels to me but i don't receive the notification of out for delivery till after delivery. DPD, who i regard as the best courier, also seem to be having problems in this regard recently

It's the same for RM and all couriers at the moment. All have way more stuff that needs scanning than they normally would, even at xmas time. When the scanning/tracking systems were being designed built/coded they probably didn't anticipate the much increase volume that's going through the system now

30 Jun 2020, 21:34

SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

It's the same for RM and all couriers at the moment. All have way more stuff that needs scanning than they normally would, even at xmas time. When the scanning/tracking systems were being designed built/coded they probably didn't anticipate the much increase volume that's going through the system now

It's not the data systems failing it's not enough humans to input the data at the right time to keep the system updated

30 Jun 2020, 21:43

Certainly with the tracked any in flight options the customer has selected should be flagged up on the PDA when it gets its ready for delivery scan in the office.

MRM.COM : Inflight options : Customers can now change where their parcel is delivered after it has been se

30 Jun 2020, 22:32

Ain't been trained on this, first I''d heard about it was this morning
Who the f**k thought giving the great unwashed the choice of naming their safe place was a sound idea?
Green bin and over the fence aren't safe places if it's still your bollocks on the line if they go walkies.
The rep was add much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when I asked him about it this morning.
Until then 'PDA message? Nah been having PDA crashes all day, saw nowt Told you this kit was shite.'

01 Jul 2020, 05:57

SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:

Last week I met someone on a round who works in IT for RM, she said scanning is up by 1077% (that’s right, 1077% not 107%) compared to this time last year. It’s no wonder the PDAs keep crashing.

01 Jul 2020, 21:43

Hermes, Parcel Force, DPD, UPS all offer it. DPD & UPS also offer to drop it off at collection shop. PF can drop it off at Post Office. Hermes drop it off anywhere.

01 Jul 2020, 22:26

Route1 wrote:

Hermes, Parcel Force, DPD, UPS all offer it. DPD & UPS also offer to drop it off at collection shop. PF can drop it off at Post Office. Hermes drop it off anywhere.

I think both Yodel and Amazon might offer it as well

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2