not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Best/Worse smells on walks

23 Jun 2020, 20:35

Apart from dog s*** and sewers I've had to encounter over the years being the worse...I love the smell of bacon while going up to people's doors first thing in the morning or the smell of fresh washing from the washing machine...

Any of you guys got any funny ones?

23 Jun 2020, 20:51

It's all about context.

Best: a lovely garden, bacon, toast, curry, kebabs, the local chippy

Worst: bins on a hot day, dog s****, when you're in a retirement village and you smell a mixture between cooking, shame, urine and s***.

Also worst: hot food but you're skint, freezing and soaked.

23 Jun 2020, 20:53

I'm more offended by the smelly armpits shoved in my face when some of my fellow workers are clearing down the IPS.

23 Jun 2020, 21:02

Random diarorreah smells in the countryside

23 Jun 2020, 21:09

I have a few on my round soon as you post the mail you get a blast of weed, I take a good deep breath.

23 Jun 2020, 21:12

Mr Incognito wrote:I'm more offended by the smelly armpits shoved in my face when some of my fellow workers are clearing down the IPS.
we have a postie smelling regular of piss and must

23 Jun 2020, 21:14

bacon smell on a sat morn :wink: seem to smell it more on a sat morn delivering mainly new housing estates :Very Happy

23 Jun 2020, 23:23

Dindin wrote:Random diarorreah smells in the countryside

Night soil.

23 Jun 2020, 23:45

worst one was as I jumped out me Sherpa next to a bloke jet blasting the drains at a fish offal processing plant and promptly threw up next worst was running past the skip full of scallop shells at another fish place on a hot summer second delivery afternoon best is jacksons bakery fresh bread smells mmmm

24 Jun 2020, 13:39

Dindin wrote: we have a postie smelling regular of piss and must

Bet if you ask him he's got an en suit in his bedroom, them people always smell of piss :left:

24 Jun 2020, 14:44

Worst is weed - overwhelming at times on certain streets - makes me feel sick. Stinking bins lately as it's fortnightly collection.

Best - Bacon and Honeysuckle.

24 Jun 2020, 15:30

Had a dead badger that slowly decomposed one summer, was only matched by some work mates obvious hatred of toothpaste. Used to love the smell of toast on a Saturday morning.

24 Jun 2020, 16:07

When you deliver to a sheltered home early in the morning and you get the mixed smell of slightly burn toast, bacon sandwiches and piss.

Also despise the smell of cannabis, it really annoys how wide spread it is.

24 Jun 2020, 16:23

All of the above and especially bakeries. There's a certain smell that comes from this one bakery that takes me back to pre school years and being taken shopping by my mam or nanna. Hard to pin down and maddeningl close to many ingredients common in cakes.

Avon's Soft Pink bubble bath takes me back too but you'd be hard pressed to smell that on your walk.

24 Jun 2020, 16:47

It does annoy me when I occasionally get in sync with the bin lorry and we end up following each other up and down every street for the whole round.

The smell, the noise, getting caked in clouds of dust and s**t every time it empties a bin just as I'm walking past it.

I honestly couldn't be a binman for treble our money.

24 Jun 2020, 18:12

yubin282 wrote:When you deliver to a sheltered home early in the morning and you get the mixed smell of slightly burn toast, bacon sandwiches and piss.

Yeah the cannabis or whatever it is is horrible and as you say quite widespread these days but I'm a coverman and I've noticed it's definitely more prevalent in the shall we say less salubrious parts of our area !

24 Jun 2020, 19:09

ted_e_bear wrote:
yubin282 wrote:When you deliver to a sheltered home early in the morning and you get the mixed smell of slightly burn toast, bacon sandwiches and piss.

Yeah the cannabis or whatever it is is horrible and as you say quite widespread these days but I'm a coverman and I've noticed it's definitely more prevalent in the shall we say less salubrious parts of our area !

Yeah, it really annoys me I had problems with a neighbour a few years ago who had a cannabis farm in his house. Fortunately he moved eventually.

24 Jun 2020, 19:16

My best and worst are both dead animals

I love the smell of a Butcher's shop but hate the smell of dead decomposing birds/rats/whatever else

24 Jun 2020, 19:19

I used to deliver to a tripe factory, that was tough if you were feeling a bit rough.

24 Jun 2020, 19:43

Customers houses when they have really stinky cats and dogs and obviously no cleaning routine, just opening the letterbox is bad enough with certain houses.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3