not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 17:49

Local Council got dustmen starting early Thu,Fri, Sat .Temperature due to reach 35.What are Royal Mail doing about it?
Are our Union chasing them up and no not f - - - drink water and try and stay in the shade!!!

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 18:08

As im responsible for my health and safety im 'flexing' going in early doing my hours and aim to be home by 12;30/1pm.

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 18:32

2yearpostie wrote:As im responsible for my health and safety im 'flexing' going in early doing my hours and aim to be home by 12;30/1pm.

Don't you have a minimum dispatch time given that you'd need to wait until IPS is completed?

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 18:40

Cucumber wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:As im responsible for my health and safety im 'flexing' going in early doing my hours and aim to be home by 12;30/1pm.

Don't you have a minimum dispatch time given that you'd need to wait until IPS is completed?

Yes of course but the mc is close by so we are first drop and everything normally gets done by just after 7. :nana :nana

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 18:48

Would prefer a 0500-1300 type shift during the heat. Can't wait for the you must love working in this weather postie comments tomorrow.....

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 19:03

Bad news for those on afternoon shifts due to social distancing!

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 19:18

greengiant wrote:Bad news for those on afternoon shifts due to social distancing!

These posties are worth their weight in gold this weather, id back them getting an extra bonus for doing it.

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 20:18

scoobydo79 wrote:Local Council got dustmen starting early Thu,Fri, Sat .Temperature due to reach 35.What are Royal Mail doing about it?
Are our Union chasing them up and no not f - - - drink water and try and stay in the shade!!!

They start at 6am all year round in my area

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 20:20

scoobydo79 wrote:Local Council got dustmen starting early Thu,Fri, Sat .Temperature due to reach 35.What are Royal Mail doing about it?
bin men working Saturday ?

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 20:29

Dindin wrote:

Lol sorry Wed ,Thu,Fri.

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 21:04

2yearpostie wrote:
greengiant wrote:Bad news for those on afternoon shifts due to social distancing!

These posties are worth their weight in gold this weather, id back them getting an extra bonus for doing it.

Some of them don't have a choice with RM going down the staggered shifts approach in certain offices due to the 2m rule. Be surprised if it changes anytime soon even with todays ruling.

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 21:09

glass joe wrote:Would prefer a 0500-1300 type shift during the heat. Can't wait for the you must love working in this weather postie comments tomorrow.....

So would I, sadly don't get out office till half 10.

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 21:31

Dindin wrote:

Only time they work Saturday here is Xmas weekend, depending on how the xmas and boxing day bank holidays fall relative to what day a bin round is due on

Hot weather warnings

23 Jun 2020, 21:37

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Dindin wrote:

Only time they work Saturday here is Xmas weekend, depending on how the xmas and boxing day bank holidays fall relative to what day a bin round is due on

We had that then they worked every Monday even bank holiday to compensate

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 15:06

Well that was pretty much expected.Bin men out on the street at 6 A.M. Posties out on the street 9.45. Blank look from manager with the advice take some water :roll:

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 15:21

I really struggled last loop, energy was zapped. was chucking water all over me, on the bed now resting, bet i don't move till this evening.

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 15:26

4 hours 25mins for my delivery today got back 25mins early and sent back out I understand work to my time but that ridiculous in this heat

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 16:44

Ringer21 wrote:4 hours 25mins for my delivery today got back 25mins early and sent back out I understand work to my time but that ridiculous in this heat

I hope you took 20 mins to load the van.

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 16:49

Don’t forget to apply sunscreen. Level 9 UV levels in the UK today which is rare here.

Hot weather warnings

24 Jun 2020, 17:18

5 hours on delivery today, from 9:30 to 14:30.

Very limited shade anywhere.

Im so exhausted/dehydrated my brain cant form the sentences i want to write now.

Days like today just make me so angry, because there is so much that is wrong with Royal Mail . . . I feel like we have been gradually squeezed for 10 years and their grip just tightens.

We do lapsing all year round, and this week have been given extra lapsing. Apparently its based on PDA actuals. But to be faced with 30 degree heat and the only message from management is “do more” is just so so disheartening.

And it is not as simple as work your time etc etc - well to some it might be, but there are many of us who will always feel the pressure to do whatever extra we are given. Its easy to say slow down, and believe me i dont rush in this hear, but all you want to do is get it done and get out of the heat.

Im shocked that it is allowed, in this day of health and safety, for some of us to be walking 10+ miles for 5 hours, during the hottest part of the day . . . its just crazy.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2