not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 15:50

A lady stoped me the other day asking if I'd mind giving her a jump start, I refused. Given we're not even allowed to change a tyre a told her we're not allowed. I felt quite guilty about it to be honest, but was I in the right? It was a situation I'd never really come across.

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 16:20

Seymour Buts wrote:A lady stoped me the other day asking if I'd mind giving her a jump start, I refused. Given we're not even allowed to change a tyre a told her we're not allowed. I felt quite guilty about it to be honest, but was I in the right? It was a situation I'd never really come across.

I'd feel guilty too but then again what if you damaged the vans electrics or worse what if whilst you were distracted with your head under the ladies bonnet some baddies jumped out and nicked your van or just opened the doors and helped themselves, yeah I know a bit far fetched but you never know.

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 17:51

You were right not to.Its a shame and You feel a jobsworth but You can’t take the risk

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 18:49

Tell her to join the AA. :nana

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 19:54

30+YEARMAN wrote:Tell her to join the AA. :nana

Alcoholics anonymous :Very Happy

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 21:06

Well it wasn’t that long ago we had the brief about looking out for vulnerable people on our rounds,seeing if they were ok etc etc,and of course anyone would help give a jump start,why wouldn’t you?,all be it we don’t carry jump leads,and you get a wonderful thankyou letter etc and Royal Mail milk the publicity etc,but if for whatever reason it goes wrong,then god forbid lookout!its against policy etc blah blah

Jump Start

21 Jun 2020, 21:59

scoobydo79 wrote:You were right not to.Its a shame and You feel a jobsworth but You can’t take the risk


I did feel a jobsworth to be honest.

Jump Start

22 Jun 2020, 09:33

You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.

Jump Start

22 Jun 2020, 12:41

You did the correct thing if any thing went wrong,injury or damage,you would have been held responsible and remember hybrid cars and some with stop start system have special batteries can be damaged by jump start

Jump Start

22 Jun 2020, 17:16

cpsteve wrote:You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.

Whilst everything you say is correct, what a ridiculous world we live in when you can't give a helping hand.

Jump Start

02 Jul 2020, 19:53

:thumbup
ihatedogs wrote:
cpsteve wrote:You cant do anything because if anything goes wrong then you will be held responsible same as doing any small job for someone while your working. Knock a pot of paint on someones carpet fix a pipe that leaks and floods the house their insurance can claim of of you if they tell them and you made a mistake.

Whilst everything you say is correct, what a ridiculous world we live in when you can't give a helping hand.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1