not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 19:32

Am I right in thinking this is the last weekend we will just be delivering parcels / packets on a Saturday. Or has this now been extended

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 19:46

Supposedly an announcement tomorrow on this.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 19:56

Sputters2017 wrote:Am I right in thinking this is the last weekend we will just be delivering parcels / packets on a Saturday. Or has this now been extended

I hope is it , as its a nightmare working the way we are . surely the CWU wont agree to any more of this s**t.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 20:22

Yes I believe this coming Saturday will be the last one of not delivering letters

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 20:26

there is an announcement just.......sat 6th is the last sat of parcels only.....back to 6 day delivery next week

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 20:28

Temporary USO Changes – Cessation Monday 8th June 2020

Further to LTB 239/20 Branches will be aware that the temporary changes to USO Deliveries on a Saturday were due to cease no later than Saturday 13th June 2020, but that the changes were subject to review.

On receipt of consistent negative feedback from the field on the impact of the cessation of Saturday letter deliveries on the operation, the union has made further representations on our view that normal USO deliveries should be resumed as a matter of urgency.

During discussions today, Royal Mail has confirmed that following consultation with the Regulator, the current temporary arrangement will cease one week early with normal USO deliveries and agreed duty arrangements resuming from Monday 8th June 2020.

We would request that Branches and Representatives engage to ensure that any temporary arrangements are removed and agreed duty and attendance patterns are restored in time for the resumption of normal USO deliveries. For the avoidance of doubt Saturday 6th June 2020 will be the last day of the temporary arrangement to cease Saturday USO letter deliveries.

Yours sincerely

Mark Baulch Davie Robertson
Assistant Secretary Assistant Secretary

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 20:34

Are they going to at least try and sort the rest of the issues now?

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 20:58

Cucumber wrote:Are they going to at least try and sort the rest of the issues now?


Have you got a list to help them along?

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 21:02

I thought this Saturday would be the last.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 21:15

This is good news. Our office keeps having early starters going home by half 10/11 on a Saturday leaving all the 12-1PM starters to do the extra work. Literally have people saying ohh today's been great. No parcels to deliver. Home early. Life's good!

Then I and the other late starters get lumped with all the stuff they couldnt be a****d delivering. :arrrghhh

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 21:20

During discussions today, Royal Mail has confirmed that following consultation with the Regulator, the current temporary arrangement will cease one week early with normal USO deliveries and agreed duty arrangements resuming from Monday 8th June 2020.


That`s not very helpful as Monday will still have 2 days or more worth of mail plus lots of packets, many left from Saturday.

They should have resume from Saturday the 7th to be one week early.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 21:42

xPandabear1992x wrote:This is good news. Our office keeps having early starters going home by half 10/11 on a Saturday leaving all the 12-1PM starters to do the extra work. Literally have people saying ohh today's been great. No parcels to deliver. Home early. Life's good!

Then I and the other late starters get lumped with all the stuff they couldnt be a****d delivering. :arrrghhh

Same at our place mate , too many selfish people looking out for themselves

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:01

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
xPandabear1992x wrote:This is good news. Our office keeps having early starters going home by half 10/11 on a Saturday leaving all the 12-1PM starters to do the extra work. Literally have people saying ohh today's been great. No parcels to deliver. Home early. Life's good!

Then I and the other late starters get lumped with all the stuff they couldnt be a****d delivering. :arrrghhh

Same at our place mate , too many selfish people looking out for themselves

oh dear :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana ,about f***ing time someone has actually listen to the staff and what s**t this was causing , I hope the selfish ones haven't done any deals :left:
Last edited by worktotime on 03 Jun 2020, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:07

Good news and all sure, but how is this going to work if the 2m rule is still going to be implied and van sharing is not an option? My office simply do not have enough vans for each and every staff member. 1 person delivers all the mail for their duty, comes back with the van for then someone else to deliver the large parcels? :confused

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:13

edward918 wrote:Good news and all sure, but how is this going to work if the 2m rule is still going to be implied and van sharing is not an option? My office simply do not have enough vans for each and every staff member. 1 person delivers all the mail for their duty, comes back with the van for then someone else to deliver the large parcels? :confused

Let the management sort it out , that's why they got £1000 bonus

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:20

edward918 wrote:Good news and all sure, but how is this going to work if the 2m rule is still going to be implied and van sharing is not an option? My office simply do not have enough vans for each and every staff member. 1 person delivers all the mail for their duty, comes back with the van for then someone else to deliver the large parcels? :confused


If your office is struggling because of workload and social distancing it won't make any difference .

You would think that RM would have been working on a plan B, who know's it may be more unpopular than what we had :d'oh!

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:24

TheTrolleyMan wrote:
edward918 wrote:Good news and all sure, but how is this going to work if the 2m rule is still going to be implied and van sharing is not an option? My office simply do not have enough vans for each and every staff member. 1 person delivers all the mail for their duty, comes back with the van for then someone else to deliver the large parcels? :confused

Let the management sort it out , that's why they got £1000 bonus

oh yes and its not our problem ,
OIP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saturday's

02 Jun 2020, 22:47

I feel this temporary Saturday change has actually worked quite well for my DO. Sure, 2 days mail on Monday but it's all worked out since people such as myself have been coming in at 1pm and finishing at 6pm. Starting at 1pm on a Saturday and being able to get 6 bags of mail done before closing time (15:00) will be impossible. However, this has been okay for Mon-Fri, as we close at 7pm.

Why not keep this temporary Saturday measure in place for the offices that are coping well with it and get things back to normal for the offices that aren't coping well at all with this change?? It's the only way I feel people's safety (staying apart from each other and not van sharing) will not be compromised.

Saturday's

03 Jun 2020, 05:17

At our office there's no vans available until 2.30pm at the earliest

Saturday's

03 Jun 2020, 13:39

edward918 wrote:I feel this temporary Saturday change has actually worked quite well for my DO. Sure, 2 days mail on Monday but it's all worked out since people such as myself have been coming in at 1pm and finishing at 6pm. Starting at 1pm on a Saturday and being able to get 6 bags of mail done before closing time (15:00) will be impossible. However, this has been okay for Mon-Fri, as we close at 7pm.

Why not keep this temporary Saturday measure in place for the offices that are coping well with it and get things back to normal for the offices that aren't coping well at all with this change?? It's the only way I feel people's safety (staying apart from each other and not van sharing) will not be compromised.

Because the USO applies to all of the UK, I wouldn't have thought you could just deploy it where you think fit

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2