not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Surcharges

29 May 2020, 22:08

So we’ve been told not to bother surcharging mail that arrives without the correct postage on it and deliver it regardless. Now people and businesses are cottoning on to it and sending letters out for free. I’ve also noticed a lot of uncancelled stamps coming through. A strategy to kill off the letters perhaps by stating they are unprofitable? :hmmmm

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 01:49

Jpro747 wrote:So we’ve been told not to bother surcharging mail that arrives without the correct postage on it and deliver it regardless. Now people and businesses are cottoning on to it and sending letters out for free. I’ve also noticed a lot of uncancelled stamps coming through. A strategy to kill off the letters perhaps by stating they are unprofitable? :hmmmm

So is commuting from other nations but they still did it and other things.

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 10:58

k979aaa wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:So we’ve been told not to bother surcharging mail that arrives without the correct postage on it and deliver it regardless. Now people and businesses are cottoning on to it and sending letters out for free. I’ve also noticed a lot of uncancelled stamps coming through. A strategy to kill off the letters perhaps by stating they are unprofitable? :hmmmm

So is commuting from other nations but they still did it and other things.

What ?

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 13:03

I think this is a disgustingly unprofessional decision to discontinue surcharging. It must have cost RM thousands so far, when at the same time all they bang on about is losing money and can't book overtime etc etc. Of course the public are going to take advantage of it - that is human nature. my attitude is that if I have to pay to use the postal service, would should others not? You can't go into Asda to buy a Mars Bar that is 75p but expect them to only accept 45p?
I have seen more re-used stamps recently than ever before - we are handling these items completely free of charge, what sort of a business model is that?

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 14:46

barncopxx wrote:what sort of a business model is that?

A bust one.

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 17:46

who told you that?

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 18:36

Dindin wrote:
who told you that?

He is 100% correct. that i know is true afrer talking with staff who work in rp.

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 19:27

I've delivered parcels without any postage on it. No stamps, ppi or meter marks.

Some parcels weighing 5kg saying its 125g. Could have been a genuine mistake or maybe not

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 21:36

Callers are not collecting surcharges now because of the corona virus. The number of uncancelled stamps is ridiculous, and will be costing the business plenty of money :crazy: I know there is a lot of SL at the moment, but it is a false economy not to cancel stamps at the MC. I do try and cancel them on delivery when i notice though. I probably pay half my weeks wages by doing it.
Last edited by Edward Hunter on 30 May 2020, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 22:12

Edward Hunter wrote: but it is a false economy not to cancel stamps at the MC.

Probably a combination of not enough staff and not enough time

Surcharges

30 May 2020, 22:51

Dindin wrote:
who told you that?

Check this:
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95181

Are we still collecting money for surcharges?
The surcharge process will temporarily cease with Fee to Pay P4605 cards no longer being issued for surcharge items and they should not be delivered to customers. There may be some surcharge items currently in your CSP, please treat these as you usually would, but from today there are no further surcharge Fee to Pay cards to be issued. Items that would ordinarily be surcharged should now be delivered. This will be reviewed over the coming weeks.

And what about Customs charges?
We will be encouraging our customers to pay Custom charges online to ensure customers only make essential journeys to CSPs. Please note that Fee to Pay P4605 cards still need to be completed for customs items as normal. Please highlight or circle the online option on the card to make this clear to customers.

Surcharges

31 May 2020, 01:18

Janet Brum wrote:
Dindin wrote:
who told you that?

Check this:
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95181

Are we still collecting money for surcharges?
The surcharge process will temporarily cease with Fee to Pay P4605 cards no longer being issued for surcharge items and they should not be delivered to customers. There may be some surcharge items currently in your CSP, please treat these as you usually would, but from today there are no further surcharge Fee to Pay cards to be issued. Items that would ordinarily be surcharged should now be delivered. This will be reviewed over the coming weeks.

And what about Customs charges?
We will be encouraging our customers to pay Custom charges online to ensure customers only make essential journeys to CSPs. Please note that Fee to Pay P4605 cards still need to be completed for customs items as normal. Please highlight or circle the online option on the card to make this clear to customers.

I read about this a while back on here. I suppose theoretically it could used to show an additional decrease in revenue from letters which would assist RM in asking for changes to the USO. I don't think any of us trust anything that comes from the top bosses so anything is possible with them.

Surcharges

31 May 2020, 08:42

How many items actually have a stamp and of those which do and are not cancelled how many are reused? I bet the percentage is tiny and the time taken to raise the surcharge cancels out any revenue raised.

Yes customs charges should be continued and when times are better we can return to the previous system but at the moment i feel there's more important matters for RM.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1