not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 13:40

Back from tomorrow guys.

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 16:48

Walk sorted or....?

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 17:41

Sir Henry wrote:Walk sorted or....?

More than likely walk sorted

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 20:10

And Saturday letter deliveries? They haven’t revued at two week intervals as best I know :hmmmm

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 20:31

I'd be surprised if every MC were to bother with the 2nd wave, if they're really snowed under with packets and Tracked then they might sacrifice wave 2 of mech to get packets and Tracked done

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 22:49

Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right

2nd Mech

27 May 2020, 22:56

citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right

Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box

2nd Mech

28 May 2020, 05:51

Our wave 2 has not been sequenced in a long time.

2nd Mech

28 May 2020, 08:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right

Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box


Wow the areas your MC covers must have really had a decline in letters the. Are 2nd waves are usually at least 2/3rds full apart from Tuesdays. Just shows different areas with different types of housing etc don't get the same amount of mail

2nd Mech

28 May 2020, 08:47

citypostie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
citypostie wrote:Ours never stopped. Stopped being sequenced a few days but some moaning soon put that right

Half of our wave 2 is walk sort only anyway. I expect that within a year all our wave 2 will be walk sort only. tbqf some days on wave 2 we get batches where I don't know why we bother even walk sorting when you can get 12+ walks worth into a single box


Wow the areas your MC covers must have really had a decline in letters the. Are 2nd waves are usually at least 2/3rds full apart from Tuesdays. Just shows different areas with different types of housing etc don't get the same amount of mail

Some days with timings it works out that a batch ends up getting more manual than mech where a lot comes through after the batch has been run

2nd Mech

28 May 2020, 18:22

Not for us it wasnt, now we are getting more people not in if the packet volumes stay the same we will need extra staff on Monday Wednesday and Thursday.

2nd Mech

29 May 2020, 14:18

Just wondering did any office get the second wave ?

2nd Mech

29 May 2020, 15:53

yes

2nd Mech

29 May 2020, 16:52

Wave 2 sequencing is most definitely a thing of the past. All Wave 2 will be walksorted by the Mail Centres before too long so that smaller MPU's can be shut down.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1