not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:28

Hi can any CWU reps tell me if there is a new agreement with royal mail that posties can be REMOVED off there permanent duty ? during this farce of Saturday working ? , as I was told there is a new agreement , and to be honest this s**t should have never been allowed to be brought in .
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 08:14, edited 2 times in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:33

Hi can any senior CWU reps tell me if there is a new agreement with royal mail that posties can be REMOVED off there permanent duty ? during this farce of Saturday working ?
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 08:07, edited 2 times in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:37

There's nothing new about that.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:40

You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?

I always thought they can make you do anything they need you to do :nana

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:47

Pathfinder wrote:You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?

read the agreement mate , any changes is VOLUNTARY , don't comment mate if you don't understand .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 19:57

But not everybody can do their own duty on 'parcel only Saturdays'.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 20:00

i got took off my duty a few times not on a saturday other days, whats the big deal?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 20:12

endofdays1982 wrote:i got took off my duty a few times not on a saturday other days, whats the big deal?

well that's up to you but do you benefit from doing so ? the big deal is I push bike out mon - fri to work with my p&l partner but on a Saturday im going to be s**t on as a non driver doing whatever , and they expect my mate to try or attempt to do both dutys worth of parcels or if not mop the s**t up on a Monday or have a f***ing argument to finish on time .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 20:14

Cucumber wrote:But not everybody can do their own duty on 'parcel only Saturdays'.

why is that then ? read the f***ing agreement , VOLUNTARY to change .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 20:22

worktotime wrote:
endofdays1982 wrote:i got took off my duty a few times not on a saturday other days, whats the big deal?

well that's up to you but do you benefit from doing so ? the big deal is I push bike out mon - fri to work with my p&l partner but on a Saturday im going to be s**t on as a non driver doing whatever , and they expect my mate to try or attempt to do both dutys worth of parcels or if not mop the s**t up on a Monday or have a f***ing argument to finish on time .

Wait, so you are a non driver but want to deliver parcels on a Saturday?
How will the parcels get to you?

I suggest you drop the insults and maybe read up on operational needs.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 20:54

I'm often taken off my duty to cover another one. Nothing to do with any recent changes.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:06

Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:

the same way as every other day mate in a lwt . so it that not an agreed way of working ?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:15

Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:17

At last another postie who uses a LWT , I thought I was the only one to protect my job / back !

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:18

worktotime wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:

the same way as every other day mate in a lwt . so it that not an agreed way of working ?

minus the mail though, so it can't be the same as every other day.
The reason vans are being sent out with packets is that they can cover a far greater area far more efficiently.

You'll likely be tasked with indoor prep work for the next week.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:25

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced

Is it not any changes to your attendance pattern?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:26

I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:27

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced

f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:29

worktotime wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?

read the agreement mate , any changes is VOLUNTARY , don't comment mate if you don't understand .

I'll comment as much as I like mate, don't comment if you can't comprehend the sarcasm.

I actually have my own round and get taken off it often, this has always happened (in our office anyway)

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:30

Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.

Yep, everyone has at the bottom of their 318 a bit that reads something like "or as directed"

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3