not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 14:28

I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 15:01

Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 15:16

£70 if outside London

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 15:21

gb93 wrote:£70 if outside London

Maybe £75 if you feeling generous :Very Happy

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 16:35

I think a ton is a nice round number. Anything less is a bit tight

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 17:10

The cash jobs in my office go for £15 a row. They outbid each other, I kid you not.

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 17:30

philsdeals19 wrote:Put it this way, if a guy in the boozer ask me to get up the crack of dawn, lug a load of bags around no matter the weather, chance of catching coved, and full on for 8 hours I would be insulted if it was anything less than a ton.

it used to be about 50 to 70/75 quid, but there's bloke in our office (heavy gambler) was always wanting time off for race meetings so he raised the bar by offering a hundred quid to cover his duty. (mind, it a s**t duty, all hills and steps)....so now anyone wanting their duty covered has to match the ''wonna'' price tag.

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 17:31

spartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks

If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken off
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.
That's what I'd do anyway......

8 x 12.29 = 98.32, so 100 quid cash sounds about right.

Full time day in cash

18 May 2020, 18:58

yellowbelly wrote:
spartakus wrote:I owe one of my full time colleague a day work(8 hours). Due to I’m on special leave, I want to pay him in cash.

How much would you pay?

Thanks

If your mate did you a favour (which it sounds like), I'd pay him your full basic rate plus delivery supplement before any tax or NI taken off
as he'll have missed out on any of that work payment (which I'm assuming you've been paid incl. the RM pension contribution) going towards his pension.

You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.

Full time day in cash

19 May 2020, 17:54

Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?

Full time day in cash

19 May 2020, 19:03

cpsteve wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

How much would you pay?

Thanks

You dont miss out on any payment on your rest day, if you work your rest day its about £90 less tax so £80 is about right.

Doh, good point cpsteve, didn't pick up on the logic of that but even so it seems the colleague has done the OP a favour so I'd still give the 100 quid personally.

Full time day in cash

19 May 2020, 19:06

wallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?

I thought that but I'm wondering if the special leave would only be granted if the OP could get someone to cover...? You know
how unsympathetic some managers can be sometimes.....

Full time day in cash

19 May 2020, 21:48

Thanks for all replies folks!

We are outside of London.
£80 is about right.
I wish I make £100 a day, so I can pay him £100.

wallop wrote:Why are you paying someone if you are on special leave?

I owed him a day last February. No idea when I'll be back to work.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1