not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 17:01

Now that Rico and his Brain fart ideas have gone who would like to see our saturdays reverted back to normal deliveries??
I know I would

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 17:30

fed_up_postie wrote:Now that Rico and his Brain fart ideas have gone who would like to see our saturdays reverted back to normal deliveries??
I know I would
yes I would

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 17:46

To Right what An Utter Farce Hasn,t Acheived Anything Really Except to Make Mondays Far Worse Than It Has Been :arrrghhh
Shouldn,t The Fornightly Review Be Coming Up

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 18:21

sooner the better imo , it was never going to work the day he railroaded it in and the amount of stress this has caused some posties and some have even gone sick because some managers are still quoting Ricos 20 drops per hour :left: , so this needs to be stopped.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 18:21

Why does the Myroyalmail web site suggest that the Saturday parcels only only starts from the 16th May?
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... d-resource

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 18:31

FAB wrote:Why does the Myroyalmail web site suggest that the Saturday parcels only only starts from the 16th May?
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... d-resource


That's because the last two Saturdays were effectively a "dummy run", with the new structure of the delivery operation coming into effect from 11 May 2020, so this is the first Saturday under the new structure.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 19:13

I like Saturdays off but workloads on Monday aren't doable with twice as many parcels and mail to deliver on Monday. Doesn't work in my view.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 19:45

How can you have twice as many parcels on Monday?
Surely all delivered on Sat .
I like doing Parcels only as easier day for my feet and Monday you'd go to majority of houses anyway .

Looking ahead big changes are coming in some shape , more Saturdays off perhaps ,I don't like the job losses possibility but it's likely to be a leaner workforce in future.
One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.
Working to time most days and slightly over occasionally too .It's hard on my feet hence looking forward to much less walking tomorrow

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:00

Why don't we do this just for the summer period.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:03

elteleltel wrote:One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.


Wrote out more 739's the last 2 days than i have for the last month

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:14

goneaway wrote:
FAB wrote:Why does the Myroyalmail web site suggest that the Saturday parcels only only starts from the 16th May?
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... d-resource


That's because the last two Saturdays were effectively a "dummy run", with the new structure of the delivery operation coming into effect from 11 May 2020, so this is the first Saturday under the new structure.

Yeah it hadn't properly started. Staff in our office took the Sat as A/L.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:17

A2B wrote:
elteleltel wrote:One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.


Wrote out more 739's the last 2 days than i have for the last month



agree there....all of a sudden people are out

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:44

centenaryman wrote:
A2B wrote:
elteleltel wrote:One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.


Wrote out more 739's the last 2 days than i have for the last month



agree there....all of a sudden people are out

Possibly less chance of people in if people are having to work ot to build their finances back up (assuming they've still got a job to go back to)

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 20:52

SpacePhoenix wrote:
centenaryman wrote:
A2B wrote:
elteleltel wrote:One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.


Wrote out more 739's the last 2 days than i have for the last month



agree there....all of a sudden people are out

Possibly less chance of people in if people are having to work ot to build their finances back up (assuming they've still got a job to go back to)


Yes some have gone back to work but on delivery you can see the pavements are full of people meeting up while they take their "exercise" (we'll see how that works out in 3 weeks)

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 21:40

Causes all kinds of hassles on Monday because when one person has to deliver 2 rounds of parcels on Saturday which is unachievable and you are naturally going to complete your own round of parcels and cut off halfway around the other rounds parcels as they are not paying O/T and then get grief from that postman who has to do the cut off on Monday without O/T as well

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 21:53

On a Saturday in my office the Part Timers have been designated the same amount of parcel delivery work as the Full Timers. It's flaming ridiculous. Same amount of work for significantly less pay.

In general Part Timers have been conned during these past 5 weeks.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 21:58

eastie wrote:Causes all kinds of hassles on Monday because when one person has to deliver 2 rounds of parcels on Saturday which is unachievable and you are naturally going to complete your own round of parcels and cut off halfway around the other rounds parcels as they are not paying O/T and then get grief from that postman who has to do the cut off on Monday without O/T as well


Surely if you can't do it on the Monday you cut off just like the person on Saturday?

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 22:04

I`ll keep an eye on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ to find out, I`m curious if the cases will spike. Hopefully not.

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 22:12

norris9 wrote:On a Saturday in my office the Part Timers have been designated the same amount of parcel delivery work as the Full Timers. It's flaming ridiculous. Same amount of work for significantly less pay.

In general Part Timers have been conned during these past 5 weeks.


Couldn't agree more, I'm a P/T starting at 1:30 and finishing at 6:00 and working every Saturdaymwith no O/T, while F/T guys work on firms or don't take all their parcels and finish at 11:00 and go home and get Saturday off. Everyday I struggle to finish my round as nothing is prepped for when I come in and prepping eats into my delivery time. The past month has been horrible and if I don't finish our DOM is all over me and its all for a lousy pro rata wage. The union really has to step up and help us, we're basically doing the same job for less money in less hours than F/Ters

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

15 May 2020, 22:42

I`m really sorry for your s**t situation, have you tried convincing your manager to start one hour earlier than 1.30 pm to prep and bag your walk?
Maye even 12, I`m sure you`ll have a van returning by 1 pm every day.

Try get a colleague.union rep as witness and talk to your manager. And be firm. And good luck :)

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3