not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 12:32

I suppose the £200 Covid good will gesture will be prayed upon by the tax man?!

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 12:33

Yes!

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 12:57

Rico get payed for the next couple of months for doing s**t job.Posties get £200 pro rata.Glad to get money, but think its unfair thats it not the same right across the company

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 13:28

I suppose it’s better than nothing but us 25 hour contract people will probably end up with £100 or slightly less because of tax and pro rate. That doesn’t equate to much considering the weeks have turned into months and other business have added a temporary hourly increase instead. But everyone will see it as wow £200 that’s brill!

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 13:38

dazer0070 wrote:I suppose the £200 Covid good will gesture will be prayed upon by the tax man?!

Who gives a fcuk if it's taxable... I think we all owe Terry, Dave and our negotiating team big time on this one....it's not just the bonus is it ? ? ?

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:02

Decky Boy wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:I suppose the £200 Covid good will gesture will be prayed upon by the tax man?!

Who gives a fcuk if it's taxable... I think we all owe Terry, Dave and our negotiating team big time on this one....it's not just the bonus is it ? ? ?

Think that depends upon what comes next. £140 is nice but......... let's wait and see.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:08

I'm with you there brother :thumbup

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:18

Weve all been at risk , needs to be payed across the board whether partime ft or had to take a forced week off due to symptoms ( when normally u wdnt have taken time off ). Weve all went through a lot over last few weeks , company needs to do the right thing hopefully. What if youve had a few weeks holiday during this as well?

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:29

Chelseablue wrote:Weve all been at risk , needs to be payed across the board whether partime ft or had to take a forced week off due to symptoms ( when normally u wdnt have taken time off ). Weve all went through a lot over last few weeks , company needs to do the right thing hopefully. What if youve had a few weeks holiday during this as well?

Imagine being the person who decides how it is done fairly. Our office could be used as a case study of how badly handled the whole situation has been, so I've little faith in anything being done 'correctly' in this respect.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:33

I imagine holiday will count as attendance ? I THINK WE REALLY MUST CONSIDER THE VICTORY OVER THE FINANCIAL AMOUNT ! Without the CWU ...we'd all be stuffed ??? AND ...there's the bigger picture out there.... Mr Back is away !

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 14:34

Again pro rata I am fade up with this

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 15:16

Chelseablue wrote:Weve all been at risk , needs to be payed across the board whether partime ft or had to take a forced week off due to symptoms ( when normally u wdnt have taken time off ). Weve all went through a lot over last few weeks , company needs to do the right thing hopefully. What if youve had a few weeks holiday during this as well?

So you think some one who has not worked should get a bonus thats crazy, give the people who have had full attendance including p/t workers the full amount and those that have had time out a reduced amount thats fair imo so bar the pro rata p/t i think its about right.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 15:42

So if you caught Covid 19 at work delivering for Royal Mail then you lose some of your bonus?? You think that’s fair

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 16:13

i tested positive on 18-04-20 and had mild symptoms, i was off work for two weeks and have been back at work for two weeks, dont think i should lose any bonus.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 16:24

Decky Boy wrote:I imagine holiday will count as attendance ? I THINK WE REALLY MUST CONSIDER THE VICTORY OVER THE FINANCIAL AMOUNT ! Without the CWU ...we'd all be stuffed ??? AND ...there's the bigger picture out there.... Mr Back is away !

I expect he has gone because he has not cut costs quickly enough for the shareholders.
As per BBC report today
Royal Mail said that Mr Williams will lead discussions "about an accelerated pace of change across the business"

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 16:35

luker1313 wrote:So if you caught Covid 19 at work delivering for Royal Mail then you lose some of your bonus?? You think that’s fair

Not fair but if you catch Covid19 whilst working for RM can I suggest YOU are the problem ?

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 16:43

Not fair but if you catch Covid19 whilst working for RM can I suggest YOU are the problem ?[/quote]

You will need to explain that to me bud.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 16:47

Doing the responsible thing and following government isolation guidelines due to having sysmptoms yourself, or someone in your home having symptoms, should have absolutely no bearing on this bonus payout for anyone.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 17:04

themailman wrote:

Imagine being the person who decides how it is done fairly. Our office could be used as a case study of how badly handled the whole situation has been, so I've little faith in anything being done 'correctly' in this respect.

From the Joint Statement:

"The amount will be pro rata for part time working, absence and unpaid leave"

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 17:33

Decky Boy wrote:
luker1313 wrote:So if you caught Covid 19 at work delivering for Royal Mail then you lose some of your bonus?? You think that’s fair

Not fair but if you catch Covid19 whilst working for RM can I suggest YOU are the problem ?

If someone catches a virus they are the problem?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4