not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 17:56

Is it just me but it gone very quiet from the CWU and we still have a live I/A ballot and imo should have been served to remove this executive action in delivery offices ,or is Rico just playing for time during this 6 week plan as he did change the working week through executive action and do the CWU realise how much his plan has affected some of the staff and the different ways of working on a Saturday ? , and before anybody says in the agreement says voluntary but that means YOU CANNOT BE MOVED OFF YOUR DELIVERY ON A SATURDAY ? and they expect your p&l partner to mop up 2 dutys worth of parcels ? well up to your time anyway regardless . as I have been told that managers are within there agreement they can move posties , feeling a bit let down at the moment . end of rant.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 18:13

Rico's letter to Terry gives a clue as to what's going down.

We want to move forward on confidential discussions with the union about ensuring that Royal Mail can be a sustainable and growing business after this pandemic taking into account the expected economic recession and changes in demand.
• We will meet next week to discuss a Framework for talks to resolve our current dispute.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 18:27

I see them making Saturday changes up to September maybe?.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 18:31

Woody Guthrie wrote:Rico's letter to Terry gives a clue as to what's going down.

We want to move forward on confidential discussions with the union about ensuring that Royal Mail can be a sustainable and growing business after this pandemic taking into account the expected economic recession and changes in demand.
• We will meet next week to discuss a Framework for talks to resolve our current dispute.

YES , I have seen that but it wasn't long ago the CWU was beating the drum about no talks until all executive action is removed ,

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 18:34

Rommagic wrote:I see them making Saturday changes up to September maybe?.

no chance , 6 weeks till the 13th June and we go back to 6 day letter and parcel deliverys or we are f****d to put it blunt , why do you think they are saying no o/t to be paid on a Saturday ? and its got nothing to do with the coronavirus .

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 19:30

worktotime wrote:
Rommagic wrote:I see them making Saturday changes up to September maybe?.

no chance , 6 weeks till the 13th June and we go back to 6 day letter and parcel deliverys or we are f****d to put it blunt , why do you think they are saying no o/t to be paid on a Saturday ? and its got nothing to do with the coronavirus .

I think every postie knows going down to a 5 day a week delivering mail has got nothing to do with the coronavirus. Mr Back has certainly not got our back or the public's best interests.

Scrapping mail on a Saturday has had more problems and all the union can do right now is hold and wait to see if anything changes.

Personally I wouldn't hold my breath that things are going to get better. We can't go out on strike because the public will not support us at this time or any time in the future. I think the union will have to reballot the members again.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 19:43

Isn't it something like June or July when the current ballot expires?

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 19:46

SpacePhoenix wrote:Isn't it something like June or July when the current ballot expires?

I think its September ,

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 19:52

I think the government are involved, no way do they want either industrial action or any job losses in the news.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 20:04

Woody Guthrie wrote:Rico's letter to Terry gives a clue as to what's going down.

Meeting next week to discuss the framework for discussions.......you can't rush these things

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

14 May 2020, 22:51

Hmm a bit of communication regarding the non delivery of letters on a Saturday is the least the members deserve. This was supposed to be reviewed every two weeks if I remember right and time is about up since that brief came out.

Here we go. Dated 1st May...

Furthermore, you will see from the Chief Executive’s letter that Royal Mail have stepped back from all executive action and the temporary change will now be for six weeks, reviewed on a fortnightly basis, taking into account circumstances relating to the pandemic.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

15 May 2020, 00:05

Rico's letter to Terry gives a clue as to what's going down.

• We will meet next week to discuss a Framework for talks to resolve our current dispute. when was rico,s letter sent ?

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

15 May 2020, 05:40

stodgy88 wrote:Rico's letter to Terry gives a clue as to what's going down.

• We will meet next week to discuss a Framework for talks to resolve our current dispute. when was rico,s letter sent ?

wasn't it the same day as all the other bumf , 1st May ?

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

15 May 2020, 08:59

It was the quiet before the storm, Rico is gone :nana

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

19 May 2020, 11:52

This time we have it in writing that the current talks are secret. This is actually no different to any other negotiations though as we usually hear very little until the bad news and a bribe arrives. This time we have been given the bribe already in the form of the £200 bonus for having Xmas workload every day for weeks.
Just got to wait for the bad news now to see how bad it will be. BA guys reputation precedes him so I doubt they will want to go back on the new parcel strategy.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

19 May 2020, 17:46

It really is a disgrace that a member of the public can purchase a 1st class stamp on a Friday, post it same day, and the item MAY not be delivered until Tuesday. (Due to non letter Saturday and the overwork on Monday)

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

19 May 2020, 17:49

wookie wrote:It really is a disgrace that a member of the public can purchase a 1st class stamp on a Friday, post it same day, and the item MAY not be delivered until Tuesday. (Due to non letter Saturday and the overwork on Monday)

How do you feel when we go on strike?

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

20 May 2020, 14:22

wookie wrote:It really is a disgrace that a member of the public can purchase a 1st class stamp on a Friday, post it same day, and the item MAY not be delivered until Tuesday. (Due to non letter Saturday and the overwork on Monday)

Though on a Friday, they can pinch a Recorded Delivery sticker from the Post Office, stick it on a parcel with a second class stamp and get it delivered on Saturday for a fraction of the real cost.
That is a cracking service.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

20 May 2020, 17:24

Delivered a Spectator magazine yesterday. Published Thursday and usually delivered Friday. Not even mentioning all the birthday cards in the same bundle of mail. Service is absolutely shocking right now, and it's not down to absence (in our DO at least), it's 100% down to the ban we've got on O/T.

ITS ALL SO QUIET ?

20 May 2020, 18:16

Woody Guthrie wrote:

How do you feel when we go on strike?

Point taken. I do not think the public knows all the details of what is happening now, temporarily, to Saturday.

I will strike, like always. My God, how many more ballots do we have to endure.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1