not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 09:49

Our office is being run on dirty deals. People keeping rota but then getting saturdays off by taking 2 loops a day to get it off. Walks being given to people not advertised. No social distancing at all. Last in getting treated better than people who have been here years.hiding hours n overtime in other peoples pay. Is all this allowed. We do not have a union rep either. Surely this is not acceptable.

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 10:46

Contact the area rep cwu website will have details

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 12:56

Same as all other RM offices then Snoop :Very Happy

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 13:09

twoloops wrote:Same as all other RM offices then Snoop :Very Happy

Lolololol too right. But can things be looked at?

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 16:14

oh yes , and that agreement between rico back and terry pullinger about any duty changes etc will be VOLUNTARY :left: , its not worth the paper it was written on ,as managers are just doing what they like and taking posties off there regular deliverys on a Saturday and expecting them to attempt to do another 2 dutys worth of parcels just to try and make an unagreed with the rep plan work , which it doesn't by the way as its an absolute joke , do the CWU realise how much this is affecting posties ? I guess NOT ,

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 19:14

think i`ll add to the "same in our office"

thought we`d got a decent d.o.m after a few bad ones......new d.o.m yeah is decent to talk to but seems to run the office to suit him
i.e looks after a few.....hammers the quiet ones....same old same old

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 20:14

centenaryman wrote:think i`ll add to the "same in our office"

thought we`d got a decent d.o.m after a few bad ones......new d.o.m yeah is decent to talk to but seems to run the office to suit him
i.e looks after a few.....hammers the quiet ones....same old same old

i've not seen a "decent" dom in years, we are like QPR at changing managers but no matter what, it's always the same old doing deals and getting away with it
"they don't need to lapse because they're taking extra on overtime" & "they don't need to do ips as they're doing 2 duties today" and can still finishing before regular time,
i actually heard 1 guy complaining they were going to be an hour over due to lack of others in early to sort, think its 5 hours pay for an extra duty :arrrghhh
it won't happen but RM needs to do away with line managers,
they cause 99.9% of the problems & arguments because most are spineless and pay anything to anyone willing to work 1 or 2 hours for an extra 4 or 5 hours pay if it means themselves not forced to cover it, then they pounce on the weak and act nasty to try to recoup some of the time

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 20:26

Snooperloopy wrote:Our office is being run on dirty deals. People keeping rota but then getting saturdays off by taking 2 loops a day to get it off. Walks being given to people not advertised. No social distancing at all. Last in getting treated better than people who have been here years.hiding hours n overtime in other peoples pay. Is all this allowed. We do not have a union rep either. Surely this is not acceptable.

Sounds like our office except we have reps.

Managers dirty dealings

13 May 2020, 21:47

postslippete wrote:
Snooperloopy wrote:Our office is being run on dirty deals. People keeping rota but then getting saturdays off by taking 2 loops a day to get it off. Walks being given to people not advertised. No social distancing at all. Last in getting treated better than people who have been here years.hiding hours n overtime in other peoples pay. Is all this allowed. We do not have a union rep either. Surely this is not acceptable.

Sounds like our office except we have reps.

forget PDA actuals ,we also need indoor actuals, not sure if it's same everywhere but we live in a dog-eat-dog job amongst ourselves, we are killing this job quicker than the management

Managers dirty dealings

14 May 2020, 08:50

Yep! Rep makes local agreement without consulting the floor and guess who it benefits! Rep and his mates on the cushy number. So the ones who are now shafted and struggling are left to fight the the four managers we have now because the rep isn't interested and says don't rock the boat! So lapsing is here to stay and if you don't like it take it to the four managers to give you the special treatment.
Yes I know, work your hours, change your rep etc etc
Rotten to the core

Managers dirty dealings

14 May 2020, 15:51

Exactly the same in ours.

Managers turning blind eye to things as long as duties and office gets cleared. Social distancing was attempted for a day (I think on a light Tuesday) and then the consensus was this is impossible to do AND clear the office in time.

People told they can go straight home after their duties. Additional workload being given to duties without agreement. Same old, clear the office by any means necessary. Very demoralising.

Managers dirty dealings

15 May 2020, 16:05

Explain this one to me? Our place is just as bad as what's been mentioned. A few on the cushy duties are having stuff took off them as they are coming in early OT to sort, all arranged by secret phonecalls nothing discussed on the floor. I'd divorce someone if they were working the amount of hours getting claimed by some in my place!

Managers dirty dealings

15 May 2020, 16:20

Sounds oh so familiar.

This won't be a popular post, but many, many of the problems within RM are staff caused.
Plenty people aren't willing to do the job unless there is a 'deal' in it for them.
Give someone a 'deal' and managers are suddenly finding themselves robbing from Peter to pay Paul.
The whole situation we are in now is a prime example, with people being very selective in how flexible they are being, and to hell with the consequences.

Managers dirty dealings

15 May 2020, 16:25

We had some cracking deals on the table today, 3 hours pay for a 35/45 minutes loops.

Managers dirty dealings

15 May 2020, 20:33

twoloops wrote:We had some cracking deals on the table today, 3 hours pay for a 35/45 minutes loops.

i can live with people who can find those deals to earn some easy money, but only if they do their indoor work,
i often see sorters who aren't sorting but doing their own duty prep instead,
but this then puts pressure on the regulars with getting out later and cue the abuse off line management, you explain that we've been a sorter or 2 down so we're late off ips, the reply is yes, because they're doing overtime

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1