not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

12 May 2020, 17:51

Discuss

12 May 2020, 17:56

pre covid they worked 5 days a week and had the 6th off, during covid they work days a week and have the 6th off.

12 May 2020, 18:01

2yearpostie wrote:pre covid they worked 5 days a week and had the 6th off, during covid they work days a week and have the 6th off.

I'm sure you know it's not that straightforward and it will have repercussions further down the line.

12 May 2020, 18:02

Its falling into Richo's hands by doing it. If this goes on for longer will it ever go back to normal. I have my doubts.

12 May 2020, 18:13

The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.

12 May 2020, 18:18

Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.

So you won't be at risk yourself then? Exactly the attitude.

12 May 2020, 18:20

It really is that simple, I work in an office that was clearing everyday and now fails on a sat/mon so its showing this new method of working is failing and you need the same amount of people each day to clear efficiently. We are meant to be quicker on a Sat but 90% of the jobs in my office take the same amount of time as we walk the loops with small pkts and then do the oversized after, the call rate isnt down that much compared to a quite Tuesday

12 May 2020, 18:29

redneck wrote:
Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.

So you won't be at risk yourself then? Exactly the attitude.

Whilst I wouldn't like to see people out of a job, I don't know why they bother keeping the one that they've got sometimes.

12 May 2020, 18:52

People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Anybody doing any kind of overtime is putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Pretty much anything you do whether it's work too slowly or fly around like an idiot could potentially cost jobs.

If people moving from a rotated day off to a fixed day off is putting jobs at risk you'll have to join the dots for me, I must be missing something and it has to be better than it'll end up with Ofcom giving Royal Mail the green light to go for a 5 day service because that's just being silly.

12 May 2020, 19:09

Those who still talk about us providing a ''public service'' and claiming that delivering letters 6 days a week is essential and should remain in place are putting EVERYONE'S jobs at risk and the very existence of RM in jeopardy... it's an utterly unsustainable way of operating in the face of the competition.

Given the levels of natural wastage in RM I doubt there would even be many VR's never mind compulsory redundancies if we did go down to 5 days.

12 May 2020, 19:20

Those who keep moaning about D2D are going to cost jobs!

Those who scrutinise the contents of customers packets and want those customers to stop ordering what they perceive as crap will cost jobs!

DISCUSS!!!

12 May 2020, 19:36

What is your favourite Olympic event, Discuss?

12 May 2020, 19:48

mickeymacca wrote:What is your favourite Olympic event, Discuss?

Cycling. But i can't do this at work because im two-tyred

12 May 2020, 19:54

They're the same people walking out with 1 bag Mon-Fri while us drivers have to cover what they leave.

12 May 2020, 19:59

redneck wrote:Discuss

It is supposed to be a temporary measure. I must admit I like the Saturdays off but not at the expense of doing twice as much work on a Monday!! At the moment it's fine because managers seem quite relaxed about getting all the work delivered and postie's aren't getting that stressed.

The worrying thing about losing any day from the USO is that it does put more pressure on us.

12 May 2020, 20:35

CWU rep confirmed Union have agreed that all reserves have to adopt mon-fri for next 5 weeks

12 May 2020, 20:38

Love this Mon to Fri can't walk 6 hours a day 6 days a week all my life

12 May 2020, 20:44

If 50 per cent of staff done all parcels on Saturdays instead of just tracks then Mondays would be better.

12 May 2020, 20:48

I stated in a different thread that I believe jobs will go as we have new ways of working, new technology and the possible loss of the USO.
While halting job loses is something the union should rightly do, they should also recognise that there will be job losses and they should be getting the best deals for people who, let's face it, will be stampeding for the door if the offer is good.
If they close there eyes, put fingers in there ears and just keep saying "no job losses" then Rico will walk all over them.

12 May 2020, 20:55

Cogger62 wrote:CWU rep confirmed Union have agreed that all reserves have to adopt mon-fri for next 5 weeks

More likely till September (bet RM will still have summer lapsing)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4