not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Large boxes for small parcels

10 May 2020, 10:03

I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.

10 May 2020, 10:13

we lost all our large tubs bread baskets fish trays etc years ago everyone manages with letter trays now I tend to use memory for larger parcels but on busy days i write a street list of all big parcels :thumbup

10 May 2020, 10:19

I've always thought some kind of easily assembled slotted cardboard divider in a cross shape would be useful to go in the back of vans just so you could at least divide your pkts up into 4 separate sections.

No matter how carefully you try to put them in order in the back of the van they always end up sliding around and getting jumbled up to some extent.

10 May 2020, 11:43

Funny you mention the word box and a pop up add appears selling package boxes and cardboard. We are not alone!

10 May 2020, 11:44

wacko74 wrote:I've always thought some kind of easily assembled slotted cardboard divider in a cross shape would be useful to go in the back of vans just so you could at least divide your pkts up into 4 separate sections.

No matter how carefully you try to put them in order in the back of the van they always end up sliding around and getting jumbled up to some extent.

This. I think we’ve all seen amazon drivers sorting their parcels on the street, they have those fabric bin/laundry basket type bags which can be collapsed down. Keeps everything in the right area.

I just use sacks and keep things separate that way. I tip the sack for the current streets out onto the back of the van and use trays if I need to separate them down even further. I also insist on writing a pkt list.. Works for me.

10 May 2020, 11:53

wazer wrote:.
I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes
He told me they are banned.

That is hysterical.

10 May 2020, 13:35

I just use a mail sack for each loop and tip the parcels in the passenger seat each loop and clear them before doing the letters

10 May 2020, 14:31

Sorry about spelling,was just after i woke up.Yer i know it was late but hey not much to do. Lol.Stay safe all.

10 May 2020, 15:05

eastie wrote:I just use a mail sack for each loop and tip the parcels in the passenger seat each loop and clear them before doing the letters

That's not allowed anymore. It's mad

10 May 2020, 15:17

wazer wrote:I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.

I wonder if they got axed around the time that all the alts and koffins were got rid of

10 May 2020, 22:59

wazer wrote:I asked Dom if i could i use a larger box for all the smaller parcel to go in the van on Sat.The smaller boxes just take up room and the amount we have fir some areas they reguire more small boxes and they just take up room.I asked Dom if i coukd yse lafer bizes as it woukd be easier to sort into areas and be easier to sort in van.He told me they are banned.End if conversation.Any ideas why they banned. Larger bixes could also b stacked using height if van.

All Time Great typing episode^^^^

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1