not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Drugs Coming Through in the Mail

09 May 2020, 19:36

Has anyone else noticed a rise in the amount of people getting cannabis in the post ? Especially since this lockdown has started.

Can anyone point me in the direction of official guidance on the procedures to follow if you suspect an item may contain cannabis ?

09 May 2020, 21:41

Cybitech wrote:Has anyone else noticed a rise in the amount of people getting cannabis in the post ? Especially since this lockdown has started.

Can anyone point me in the direction of official guidance on the procedures to follow if you suspect an item may contain cannabis ?

Try asking your manager

10 May 2020, 00:06

DOM contacts the local plod. They come and pick it up and pay a visit to the recipient. It's only happened once in our DO in the twenty years I have been there and was on my walk. We never found out if it was weed or not but there was an extremely strong scent emanating from the parcel.

10 May 2020, 01:17

Celgar wrote:DOM contacts the local plod. They come and pick it up and pay a visit to the recipient. It's only happened once in our DO in the twenty years I have been there and was on my walk. We never found out if it was weed or not but there was an extremely strong scent emanating from the parcel.

I've been told that if it's been sent as an SD that even plod aren't allowed to intercept it, it has to be delivered

10 May 2020, 09:42

In my office if it's a SD we ring the police and they come down and open the package. In the past in the next steps they have done a couple of different things.

1. They get a postie to deliver it and then when the postie leaves and it's been signed for they grab the person and arrest them.

2. The manager goes out and note leaves the SD. Then the police wait in the office until the person comes in to pick it up. Then once they sign for it on the counter they police ambush them through a side door

10 May 2020, 09:50

police ambush them through a side door ,sounds like a scene from Miami vice .

10 May 2020, 14:31

Munchboii wrote:1. They get a postie to deliver it and then when the postie leaves and it's been signed for they grab the person and arrest them.

Sounds like a good way to get a postie killed, no chance I'd be doing that.

10 May 2020, 16:08

We had one recently, SD. As above, DOM contacted Plod who came (quite promptly), examined it before taking it away.

10 May 2020, 17:18

In our MC these packets including SD items are held in a central location within the MC the police attend at least once a week and examine each packet. The serial number of the SD items are entered in a book within the locker along with the address and return address if it has one, (most don't for some reason). The ones they suspect contain drugs namely cannabis they complete the paperwork for each items and then take them away or ask the delivery office to do a controlled delivery either by a postman delivery the item or asking them to visit the callers office to collect the item.
It has been known for the police to send the addressee a letter asking them to collect their packet from a named police station. I understand that very few take up the offer for some reason.

10 May 2020, 19:24

Anyone can send anything to any address they choose

Surely it’s the person sending it the police need to question.

10 May 2020, 19:30

Cybitech wrote:Has anyone else noticed a rise in the amount of people getting cannabis in the post ? Especially since this lockdown has started.

With all that’s happening if people want to smoke a bit of weed what harm are they doing, if it’s crack or heron then yes report it but not weed, after all most of us have tried it at least once in there life.

10 May 2020, 19:37

woody38 wrote:

With all that’s happening if people want to smoke a bit of weed what harm are they doing, if it’s crack or heron then yes report it but not weed, after all most of us have tried it at least once in there life.

Yes tried it and it did nothing for me, but most posties will not want to fall foul of the offence of aiding and abetting the supply of a prohibited drug by delivering something you know or reasonably suspect to be a controlled prohibited drug.

10 May 2020, 19:55

postman1979 wrote:
woody38 wrote:

Yes tried it and it did nothing for me, but most posties will not want to fall foul of the offence of aiding and abetting the supply of a prohibited drug by delivering something you know or reasonably suspect to be a controlled prohibited drug.

I must be a baddie but I think if they want to take drugs & it doesn’t interfere with me I just deliver it, sometimes u have to turn a blind eye.

10 May 2020, 19:58

woody38 wrote:
postman1979 wrote:
woody38 wrote:

I must be a baddie but I think if they want to take drugs & it doesn’t interfere with me I just deliver it, sometimes u have to turn a blind eye.

I would quite like to see that used as a defence by a solicitor in court.

10 May 2020, 20:15

We must have had 9 or 10 incidents over the past 3 weeks, mostly with various strains of cannabis. Having never been a smoker even, i can't see the appeal in the stuff, it bloody stinks. I'd say if you put all of the packages that we've seen together, they'd be about 2kg of it.

10 May 2020, 20:48

I've noticed it, but until they ban alcohol and list that as a drug, then I will carry on delivering

10 May 2020, 20:58

Munchboii wrote:In my office if it's a SD we ring the police and they come down and open the package. In the past in the next steps they have done a couple of different things.

1. They get a postie to deliver it and then when the postie leaves and it's been signed for they grab the person and arrest them.

2. The manager goes out and note leaves the SD. Then the police wait in the office until the person comes in to pick it up. Then once they sign for it on the counter they police ambush them through a side door

So the police come back the next day (as 24 hours before collection) and wait until it’s collected? Don’t they have better things to do with their time?

10 May 2020, 23:13

joewyan wrote:
Munchboii wrote:In my office if it's a SD we ring the police and they come down and open the package. In the past in the next steps they have done a couple of different things.

So the police come back the next day (as 24 hours before collection) and wait until it’s collected? Don’t they have better things to do with their time?

Must work different in my area. I'm in the highlands and our notice left items can be picked up the same day as long as its after 3pm.

10 May 2020, 23:16

chocolatesaltyballs wrote:
Munchboii wrote:1. They get a postie to deliver it and then when the postie leaves and it's been signed for they grab the person and arrest them.

Sounds like a good way to get a postie killed, no chance I'd be doing that.

I think they put a stop on the dummy package and raid tactic about 6 months ago. One of the Angard staff got asked to do it and it went completely wrong. The cops were unprofessional and didnt give the poor guy a chance to even leave the fellas garden. It was like a scene from the bill. Sums up how our angard casuals get treated though. Desperate for money so willing to help the cops and then when it goes wrong you're on your own.

Since then the police have been made to stop that tactic by the local inspector or whatever youd call it

11 May 2020, 16:16

pick up the phone and press ''hash'' :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2