not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Not the greatest shift...

08 May 2020, 20:42

Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.
Firstly, when I got there the place was packed so I left for 30 minutes for the office to empty. In that 30 minutes I got scratched to death by a ‘friendly dog’ and then walked straight into a wasps nest which had appeared from nowhere outside of wilkos.
Then on delivery my HCT wheel snapped off. I had to wait 45 minutes for a manager to bring me a replacement. Carried on fine until I started my SA. On opening a postbox, the entire set of keys shot out of the metal ring keeping them in place and I could only watch as two of them disappeared down a drain. I have to inform my DOM tomorrow morning which will go down well I’m sure.
But, just when I thought my day was over, I’m leaving the office when one of my managers tells me that someone has complained that I signed their incorrect name under the XP1 system. Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.

Oh well.

08 May 2020, 20:54

I've done the collection keys thing, nightmare :Very Happy

08 May 2020, 22:01

Me too, although a drain wasn't involved. The key rings Royal Mail use really are utter tripe.

08 May 2020, 23:06

FilthyBloke wrote:Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.

Thats funny. R is next to T on the keypad

09 May 2020, 08:15

FilthyBloke wrote:Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.
Firstly, when I got there the place was packed so I left for 30 minutes for the office to empty. In that 30 minutes I got scratched to death by a ‘friendly dog’ and then walked straight into a wasps nest which had appeared from nowhere outside of wilkos.
Then on delivery my HCT wheel snapped off. I had to wait 45 minutes for a manager to bring me a replacement. Carried on fine until I started my SA. On opening a postbox, the entire set of keys shot out of the metal ring keeping them in place and I could only watch as two of them disappeared down a drain. I have to inform my DOM tomorrow morning which will go down well I’m sure.
But, just when I thought my day was over, I’m leaving the office when one of my managers tells me that someone has complained that I signed their incorrect name under the XP1 system. Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.

Oh well.

I don't even understand why people check what name has been signed? Unless it's gone missing what does it matter?

09 May 2020, 12:26

SHATON :left:

10 May 2020, 08:56

Instead of typing SHARON I typed SHATON.

:chuckle :chuckle

Imagine complaining over something like that in a time like this. One of the few sections of the economy still working and working hard. Sharon sounds like a nob!

10 May 2020, 13:49

If you shaton her doorstep and could understand a complain but thats just petty.

10 May 2020, 23:06

FilthyBloke wrote:Yesterday was a shift that seemed to have it in for me from the moment I got there.

Oh well.

Superb.

The HCT wheel snapping off is hilarious. :Very Happy :left:

11 May 2020, 17:57

Sounds like a shite day mate .... we all have one now and again ..... at least things can only get better! :thumbup I remember one time I slammed the lid of the HCT down and then discoved I'd left the keys inside! :arrrghhh

Luckily a Romec Guy was visiting the Unit, so he popped out in his van changed all three locks ... to the same key ..... and then said, "There you go you've got 5 spare keys now, try not to loose them all"! Saved my bacon. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1