not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PDA

08 May 2020, 12:31

Has anyone else's PDA been crashing on a regular basis after the latest update?

PDA

08 May 2020, 12:40

Everyday, also sometimes the scanner button stops working and I have to turn the screen off and on for it to work, or in some scenarios I have to give it a "light" tap for the scanner to work. Not to mention the time it takes to log into the damn things when scanning my frame, you'd think RM would have this sorted my now :roll:

PDA

08 May 2020, 12:43

Only crashed on me once in the last 2 weeks. But quite often it won't scan after waking it up. Either have to do an off and on again or back a level and reselect outdoor for it to work.

PDA

08 May 2020, 12:46

Jamesfr3man wrote:Everyday, also sometimes the scanner button stops working and I have to turn the screen off and on for it to work, or in some scenarios I have to give it a "light" tap for the scanner to work. Not to mention the time it takes to log into the damn things when scanning my frame, you'd think RM would have this sorted my now :roll:

What you mentioned about the scanner is exactly my experience in the last week or two. If I put it on standby, when reopening it I have to flick the screen off and on again maybe 75%+ of the time. Over the course of a day that gets more than a little tedious! :arrrghhh

PDA

08 May 2020, 12:48

And an annoying thing from the update. The font used on the screen for the name of the person accepting a signed for packet is now too small. Can't see it properly with my old eyes.

PDA

08 May 2020, 13:41

Had various problems with them everyday but my biggest bugbear is accidentally touching the screen and losing data or it going to 'incident'. We had a guy hauled into the office for 'missing several scans' He was getting taken down the disciplinary procedure when it came to light that his pda was faulty. These things are going to cost posties their jobs if they don't sort them out! Having said that I wouldn't put it past them for that to be part of the ir masterplan.

PDA

08 May 2020, 14:27

Oh yes mine crashes at least twice a day and when it does scan it is painfully slow. I would say it slows me down by about 20 minutes each day. Add that up over the business and it’s serious money.

PDA

08 May 2020, 14:50

Around lunchtime every day.

I'm using 2 (covering collections for 2 walks) and find that; when I notice the one I'm using has crashed, the other asks for login (probably also crashed).

PDA

08 May 2020, 15:48

Mark_F wrote:Around lunchtime every day.

I'm using 2 (covering collections for 2 walks) and find that; when I notice the one I'm using has crashed, the other asks for login (probably also crashed).

Same for me , lunchtime every day , I’ve told the manager that tracked items are probably not being scanned due to this as it happens mid scanning .

PDA

08 May 2020, 19:32

PDA has been a bit more annoying of late in terms of software crashing etc.

PDA

08 May 2020, 21:40

Is anyone else signing 1dx thus not having to turn the pda around to sign xp1? I figured this out a couple of weeks ago. Good time saving shortcut.

PDA

08 May 2020, 21:51

I restart mine at the end of every shift, you tend to have less problems. They're just phones, and if you keep them running endlessly they go slow. That said, since the update it crashes more. Had to knock on the door to rescan a special the other day coz it crashed before I could submit my signature.

PDA

08 May 2020, 23:24

Anyone know what version of Android the PDAs now run (I suspect that it'll be at least 3 versions behind the current version of Android)?

PDA

09 May 2020, 09:30

SpacePhoenix wrote:Anyone know what version of Android the PDAs now run (I suspect that it'll be at least 3 versions behind the current version of Android)?

Just googled tc75 PDA looks like they're on android 5 so only 5 versions behind, I'd say the issue is the 1gb ram though that's why they keep crashing there's too much crap constantly running in the background tracking us etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PDA

10 May 2020, 10:18

Reboot every morning, but PDA still crashes regularly .

PDA

10 May 2020, 10:25

They probably could do with separating the MC stuff, DO outdoor stuff and DO indoor stuff into separate apps, and rig it so that only one of them apps can be active at a time

PDA

10 May 2020, 10:46

Wouldn't expect too much being done with the software on the existing PDA as we were told orders have gone in for a new version so probably stuck with what we have until they arrive

PDA

10 May 2020, 11:28

It's been happening ever since the pda's were updated a few weeks ago. Every second time you wake it up it won't scan. Frustrating.

PDA

10 May 2020, 12:28

I also noticed the order of one of the menus has changed - can’t remember off the top of my head which bit it is that has changed but for example whereas deliver to neighbour used to be the top option, it’s now at the bottom of the options. Something like that.

Had a special the other day where no matter what I did, it wouldn’t do anything when I clicked ‘done’ even restarted it (in front of the customer!), for whatever reason when I scanned it and wrote the name etc it wouldn’t let me send.

Maybe it’s tin foil hat time but I’ve often wondered if the changes, useless updates which make it worse, fact you can lose your data with one incorrect tap yet have to tap 3 times to get to the correct screen is all designed to frustrate us.

As far as I know there are no focus groups of posties who can feed back on any issues they have. You’d think say 100 postmen could be asked after every update what works well and what doesn’t then any adjustments made.

Same with D2Ds - I’m surprised B+Q, Farmfoods etc don’t ask us how could their D2Ds be designed better. I wonder if they know they regularly get torn while in the process of going through a letterbox, and when it rains they turn to mush...yes I know most paper does that but sometimes we deliver thinner D2Ds (about 4 inches wide) for a care home which are a little sturdier and stand up to letterboxes and rain.

PDA

10 May 2020, 13:24

I find that if you take a pregnant pause (a second or two) after you come out of the lock-screen the scanner will usually work - as mentioned the paltry memory and antiquated android version doesn't help the response times. It's been dry of late, but when the driving rain returns this gives the PDA some from of mad-cow disease and it basically runs through menus & selects things on it's own accord.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2