not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 10:33

Just had our mech/flats delivered to the office this morning, are we meant to be taking them out tomorrow cause all our duties have changed and we only have half staff.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 10:43

I'm not in Saturday but I dread to think what next Monday brings. If it's anything like this Monday it will be the new 'normal' of a frame full of post and small parcels that didn't go on Saturday and won't go on Monday unless the boss has a brainwave and decides to pay out some overtime like they have done for the rest of the week.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 10:49

2yearpostie wrote:Just had our mech/flats delivered to the office this morning, are we meant to be taking them out tomorrow cause all our duties have changed and we only have half staff.

I am wondering what were you doing in the office today? I always thought all the DOs across the country are closed. Unless it's really only England and Wales.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 11:08

blacov wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Just had our mech/flats delivered to the office this morning, are we meant to be taking them out tomorrow cause all our duties have changed and we only have half staff.

I am wondering what were you doing in the office today? I always thought all the DOs across the country are closed. Unless it's really only England and Wales.

I thought that too, it's a public holiday throughout the UK........

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 11:24

2yearpostie wrote: Just had our mech/flats delivered to the office this morning

Why are you at work it's a Bank Holiday? Life's to short mate, you will be dead soon :arrrghhh

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 11:56

No, you won't be taking them out mate
It looks like different areas are dealing with this how they see fit.
Where I work CSS mail is being brought into the MC for storage and redistribution over the weekend, none of it is going directly to delivery offices.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 12:44

twoloops wrote:
2yearpostie wrote: Just had our mech/flats delivered to the office this morning

Why are you at work it's a Bank Holiday? Life's to short mate, you will be dead soon :arrrghhh

Someone has to be at the office on a bank holiday for when the mc deliver to us.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 12:54

Just say no ,enjoy the break

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 15:31

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :arrrghhh :d'oh!

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 15:46

frankieboy wrote::arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh! :arrrghhh :d'oh!
????

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 15:51

2yearpostie wrote:
Someone has to be at the office on a bank holiday for when the mc deliver to us.

Why?

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 15:52

Chelseablue wrote:Just say no ,enjoy the break

On a normal Bank Holiday i'd agree with you but life isn't normal at the moment so may as well take the (easy?) money at the moment and spend it in better times

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 16:21

clashcityrocker wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

Why?

how would they deliver the mail to a closed office?

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 16:24

2yearpostie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

Why?

how would they deliver the mail to a closed office?

We just bring keys/access cards.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 16:46

Agreed if it was offered to everyone

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 17:49

Chelseablue wrote:Agreed if it was offered to everyone

It was to the trust worthy ones but we have a lot of not my job people in my office ( who would moan about the sorting not being done on a bank holiday the next day)

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 19:14

our office is shut alot ie early hours when the van shows up....the driver has a key....rolls all the yorks in and locks up and leaves.

on the topic of tomorrow though i was in last saturday only took parcels out....a few of the lads that "cant walk" stayed in and sorted mail for the monday.

this saturday though 1/2 the staff in so each postman that can driver has to take all parcels for 2 walks......them that have no license and there walk is close take 1 walks parcels.......
BUT we have a split in the office we have 5 single duties they are telling management there only delivering 1 walks parcels....so god knows how it will pan out.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 19:29

I took my day off on Thursday and they said everything was covered but apparently it wasn't as my delivery was left in the frame on Thursday. So I will have all the mail and parcels from Thursday plus all the parcels from Saturday!! I would have offered to work my day off if I knew they were going to land me in the ****.
If we are lucky this ****** plan for Saturdays/Mondays will be dropped after this weekend as it serves no purpose and just makes the job more difficult.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 19:39

Im looking forward to delivering my parcels plus a bit on another round .
Monday I'd be going to 90% of the houses anyway with 1letter ,take tomorrow as an easy on the feet day like last Sat

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 19:39

Last Saturday I delivered packets for 2 duties that are usually lapsed. The mail from Friday was still in the frame for about a quarter of one duty. I asked if I should take the mail too but was told that I wasn't allowed to.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2