not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Cancellation of POAL

07 May 2020, 21:34

I asked my manager to cancel my POAL a couple of times between Oct and Feb, he said he had done it. But come this April I am still paying, I went and said to him and he only gave me a form to fill in then.He then said he couldnt cancel it as it was too late for this year. I have asked him to phone HR as it is his fault. I don't think he will. I really can't afford to pay this for another year. Can anyone advise me please?

Cancellation of POAL

07 May 2020, 22:34

Postie3N4 wrote:I asked my manager to cancel my POAL a couple of times between Oct and Feb, he said he had done it. But come this April I am still paying, I went and said to him and he only gave me a form to fill in then.He then said he couldnt cancel it as it was too late for this year. I have asked him to phone HR as it is his fault. I don't think he will. I really can't afford to pay this for another year. Can anyone advise me please?

Its not too late, I had been over charged for a year and realised it last May. They cancelled it beginning of June and refunded what I had paid in April and May. Was assured I would restart again this April but hasn't happened but you can cancel now.

Cancellation of POAL

08 May 2020, 08:00

Postie3N4 wrote:I asked my manager to cancel my POAL a couple of times between Oct and Feb, he said he had done it. But come this April I am still paying, I went and said to him and he only gave me a form to fill in then.He then said he couldnt cancel it as it was too late for this year. I have asked him to phone HR as it is his fault. I don't think he will. I really can't afford to pay this for another year. Can anyone advise me please?

I'd suggest phoning HR yourself,see what they advise, hopefully as per the above reply you should be able to get it sorted.

This managerial attitude really annoys me, it's the contempt they treat us with ignoring even a simple request like this which then causes you more hassle and stress when all the lazy thoughtless git had to do was fire off an email whilst he sat there doing f-all else !

Cancellation of POAL

08 May 2020, 22:26

Put in an official grievance against your manager. I've found this solved things for me. Otherwise I asked for something, He say done it, I asked later to be sure, he said he done it. Time came and it wasnt done. Handed a grievance form next day & magically it was sorted.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1