not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

National kick your postman day

06 May 2020, 19:44

I’m getting fed up ! Rico Mail hates us ! A customer today was pissed off because I knocked on her door at the crack of lunchtime . People not happy because there not getting mail ! Try to explain RM will not pay overtime because they don’t care about you or your postie . Unless of course you’ve got a tracked package ! In that case your the bees knees
So the next time you see your postie give him a kick ! I can guarantee you’ll feel better for it ! That’s what Rico mail are doing to us . It was national postal workers day last week , meant nothing . Rant over

06 May 2020, 20:23

Busterbear wrote:I’m getting fed up ! Rico Mail hates us ! A customer today was pissed off because I knocked on her door at the crack of lunchtime . People not happy because there not getting mail ! Try to explain RM will not pay overtime because they don’t care about you or your postie . Unless of course you’ve got a tracked package ! In that case your the bees knees
So the next time you see your postie give him a kick ! I can guarantee you’ll feel better for it ! That’s what Rico mail are doing to us . It was national postal workers day last week , meant nothing . Rant over
some of them are so uncaring, this guy yesterday was complaining about a missing package he ordered last week and how poor the service is at the moment!Had another one today banging on about how he sent a first class card to his dad on Monday and he didn’t get it Tuesday, i said to him you may have heard about this virus it actually affects posties as well. He just said it’s not his problem, I just walked off shaking my head I think he might of got the message. It’s incredible what people actually think they should be getting at the moment Service wise.I told someone else last week that 8 had to cut off that’s why they had no mail for 2 days and they just looked at me in horror that I didn’t finish I told them to contact my manager and he can explain why we can not finish are round at the moment,

06 May 2020, 20:48

I think most offices cant clear most days if at all. Does Rico care? The answer is a definite NO.

It's a shame really that Rico is no longer thinking about mail and his end goal or strategy is to make the business in to a parcels business. We are already half way there but I think Rico is forgetting we still TRY and deliver the MAIL the best we can within our contracted hours, but now a days its impossible. Especially when we are only delivering 5 days a week on top of bank holidays on the way makes the job even more difficult.

It's not only the us that are getting shafted but the public. A customer needed her bank card the other day as she can't go to the shops with out it. Unfortunately it's still sitting in the office no doubt.

06 May 2020, 21:31

Stupid idea but a lot of customers have been pleased to receive(late i know) stamped hand written letters wether thats from there daughter, grandson etc. Asking them how they are , you know nice heartfelt letters in these times of not seeing family friends etc. Why hasnt rico advertised this on an advert etc ? Mayb a bit late now though , oh thats right its mail im on about , no chance eh.

06 May 2020, 22:37

Busterbear wrote:I’m getting fed up ! Rico Mail hates us ! A customer today was pissed off because I knocked on her door at the crack of lunchtime . People not happy because there not getting mail ! Try to explain RM will not pay overtime because they don’t care about you or your postie . Unless of course you’ve got a tracked package ! In that case your the bees knees

Lol people are unreal. sleeping till all sorts of hours, not getting dressed and now they don't even bother coming to the door to acknowledge they know you have left a parcel. You can see them lying there on the sofa hammering the door and the y take fecking ages to get up. Slap it up them when this furlough runs out.

06 May 2020, 22:45

I feel like the whole special treatment for key workers is wearing off now. People can see it coming to an end and can’t wait to go back to slagging off the nhs :neutral:

07 May 2020, 03:57

Not all customers are moaning. One of our guys got back with a nice “thanks for all you do envelope” & a £10 note inside. I think the vast majority still appreciate what we do.

07 May 2020, 06:45

Definitely seems to be wearing off. In the past people would break off from their phone calls, thank us, ask us how we are.

Don’t know why but when someone is on the phone and comes to the door and won’t break off for a second and doesn’t even mouth a thank you or a smile, just picks the parcel up and closes the door it really annoys me. Seems very rude, how difficult is it to say ‘sorry one moment Rachel...thanks postman...now where were we, oh yes Becky’s natural hair colour’

Had to deliver a parcel up a steep drive yesterday to a W ell off guy (three 4 x 4s in his drive, big house, hot tub etc) out in the garden could see me coming, made no attempt to come down the drive or tell me to leave it and he’ll come down. I have a medical issue with my shoulders meaning I walk a bit funny which he decided to mimic. No idea why, never done anything wrong to him before, never slipped his parcel or anything.

07 May 2020, 22:24

Customers are fickle but the company clearly haven't helped. Not delivering parcels,leaving mail in frames,delivering one day first thing in the morning and then next day at 6pm. Is it any wonder customers are confused.

08 May 2020, 05:06

Yesterday was a real low. Did a few parcels for an area I’m not familiar with at the end of my shift. One of them was a bunch of flowers with a strange address, there was a guest house on the same street with a similar address so decided to knock on the off chance it was for them - I thought at the very least the owner might be able to point me in the right direction.

One of the worst mistakes of my postal career lol. Wouldn’t mind but people always say how polite I sound (I was brought up that way), I started as always by saying ‘sorry to bother you, I have a parcel here which you might be able to help me with.’

She was possibly the rudest, most sarcastic woman I’ve ever come across (and I’ve met a few in my life). Asking in a sarcastic voice why did I knock if I know it’s not for them, was I born stupid etc. I calmly tried to explain I’m trying to get the flowers to the correct address because if I take them back to the office they probably won’t last.

It’s the closest I’ve ever come to telling a customer to F off. If someone doesn’t want to help, just say sorry I can’t help you and close the door. I don’t seem to be the only one - their trip advisor is full of comments about her people skills.

I sure hope I never have to cover that round in future ;-)

08 May 2020, 07:09

In our job we get to meet the full cross-section of society so that also means we get to meet the rude/selfish people too. I have had the odd experience like those posted above and the immediate reaction is anger but then i try and put it in perspective and think how sad that person was to behave the way they did. Manners cost nothing. The majority of customers are good and appreciate the work we do so I try and focus on that.

As HTPostman says, the customers on the phone who do not even acknowledge your presence when they come to the door are annoying though :no no

08 May 2020, 07:35

bucks123 wrote:In our job we get to meet the full cross-section of society so that also means we get to meet the rude/selfish people too. I have had the odd experience like those posted above and the immediate reaction is anger but then i try and put it in perspective and think how sad that person was to behave the way they did. Manners cost nothing. The majority of customers are good and appreciate the work we do so I try and focus on that.

As HTPostman says, the customers on the phone who do not even acknowledge your presence when they come to the door are annoying though :no no

Definitely.

With my ‘incident’ I understand it might get annoying if a few couriers are knocking every day to ask but just put a sign up saying you’re not that address. I mean guest house owners aren’t exactly gonna be busy right now.

I figured out while she was shouting at me it’s a house that’s being built partly in her back garden (but access is from the next street along) which just has the foundations, hardly the most obvious delivery point. Why someone has sent flowers there I’ve no idea.

A few drops later I delivered to a really nice guy who made up for it, the kind who asked how I’m doing if I’ve had a good day etc.

Rough with the smooth :-)

08 May 2020, 07:39

Sure everyone will get the reward the reward they deserve at Christmas,opening a new ISA for the tips,just hope I don't go over the £20,000 limit .

08 May 2020, 09:20

It's hard not to think i'd gladly take a 20% cut from the government and ride around on a bike all day like most people seem to be doing,Whilst i'm run off my feet and still paying tax for the privelige.

08 May 2020, 10:36

When you deliver to the dregs of society (like I do) they seem to take an f off as a weird sort of compliment. I must say i am getting tired of the "oi mate" routine when I've left a red card and walked down the street though. Lazy buggers.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1