not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

sat work changes

04 May 2020, 19:31

what happend to the cwu agreement with Rico that any sat change was voulantary. and any changes were to be agreed at local level

sat work changes

04 May 2020, 19:45

It’s voluntary in our office according to our DIM and union rep . Me and my partner are sticking to our normal rotation

sat work changes

04 May 2020, 21:35

The joint agreement was only published late on friday, too late to alter changes already made in lots of DOs around the country no doubt. Should be a different story this week hopefully.

sat work changes

04 May 2020, 23:08

Gasman11 wrote:The joint agreement was only published late on friday, too late to alter changes already made in lots of DOs around the country no doubt. Should be a different story this week hopefully.

With the added fun of the Bank Holiday on Friday

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 10:31

Monday the 11th not looking forward to that Total Carnage https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 1&t=95850#

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 14:06

Most of us stayed on same day off we always have . Sat would have been nice off but its playing into our great leaders hands which dosent sit right.

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 14:17

We were given new rotas Friday lunchtime but following Rico's amendment late Friday afternoon our Rep spoke with the DOM Saturday and we've gone back to our normal rota but with some being asked if they want to swap their weekday day off for a Saturday - voluntary.

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 14:29

Can they still change our start and finish times

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 20:17

I think the person who came up with the idea for not delivering letters on a Saturday should be shot!!!!!
all its done is make Monday ridiculous, Tuesday ridiculous (knock on from mail being left Monday) and so it will go on through week where do we get it easier,Saturday we still have to trundle round with an hct delivering parcels and packets and to make it worst
THE UNION AGREED WITH IT :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

sat work changes

05 May 2020, 21:23

Its carnage in our office and my duty hasn't been covered in 4 days as I was off Friday and Monday. At the beginning with all these parcels etc I was stressed out but to be honest I've just worked my hours last few weeks, left what's needed to be left and went home. I hated the confrontation before but now I don't care. Working to rule etc is so less stressful than running round like a headcase.

sat work changes

06 May 2020, 15:45

poisonpostie wrote:I think the person who came up with the idea for not delivering letters on a Saturday should be shot!!!!!
all its done is make Monday ridiculous, Tuesday ridiculous (knock on from mail being left Monday) and so it will go on through week where do we get it easier,Saturday we still have to trundle round with an hct delivering parcels and packets and to make it worst
THE UNION AGREED WITH IT :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

The union do not agree with it and we do not have to change anything because of them. We have a start time a finish time it matters not how much work we get on any day because of the finish time.

sat work changes

06 May 2020, 16:42

The fabled 'long weekend' has been disrupted though - when you got the Saturday off, and then the Monday of the following week - because now you have to cover every other Saturday (if your a driver) while these 'temporary' measures are in place. Thankfully they just temporary..... :nervous ?

sat work changes

06 May 2020, 18:10

We have a start time a finish time it matters not how much work we get on any day because of the finish time.

If that's all there is to it then you need to then make a case for a union when you could just stop paying subs and instead buy.. a watch.

When you default to this position of last resort you've effectively given up on the trade union movement. Staff don't need a union to protect their start and finish times because the law does that, it's the important bit in between where the union is supposed to protect members.

sat work changes

06 May 2020, 19:07

Woody Guthrie wrote:
We have a start time a finish time it matters not how much work we get on any day because of the finish time.

If that's all there is to it then you need to then make a case for a union when you could just stop paying subs and instead buy.. a watch.

When you default to this position of last resort you've effectively given up on the trade union movement. Staff don't need a union to protect their start and finish times because the law does that, it's the important bit in between where the union is supposed to protect members.

The union protected our start and finish time so we do not need to change anything, if Rico had his way it would be later starts/finishes rest day Saturday for some want it or not and no ot. The law wont protect us as the court result proved. I recommend a watch maybe it would help people to not start work up to an hour early and remind them of our break times. I wont give up being in the union i value the protection they give us.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1