not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 18:33

There is zero backlog in our office,all gets cleared everyday,what i want to know is IF any mail turns up tomorrow(Saturday)am i ok to deliver it?Thanks.

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 18:38

there was no mail left from today , BUT 8-9 shrouds of parcels :left: for a start tomorrow , :wave

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 18:41

If you have a union rep, hopefully your rep will reject RM's ludicrous plans and your day will be like any other day trying to clear what you can.

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 19:07

Duesouth wrote:If you have a union rep, hopefully your rep will reject RM's ludicrous plans and your day will be like any other day trying to clear what you can.

Yes deliver it if you got it,what they going to tell the public "we sacked our posties for delivering your mail" The circus that is Royal Mail

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 20:06

Our DOM hasn't got a plan yet as he only heard about it Tuesday.
Its work as normal tomorrow

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 20:30

Cheers for the replies but i could do with a definitive 'yes or no' from somebody within the Union,last thing i want is to be arguing with the Manager tomorrow morning.

Yes or No.

01 May 2020, 21:10

Southern_Postie wrote:Cheers for the replies but i could do with a definitive 'yes or no' from somebody within the Union,last thing i want is to be arguing with the Manager tomorrow morning.

Why are so many people desperate to deliver the mail tomorrow? Most people complain about how many miles a day they walk, surely a relatively light day on a Saturday is a good thing

Yes or No.

02 May 2020, 05:31

Southern_Postie wrote:There is zero backlog in our office,all gets cleared everyday,what i want to know is IF any mail turns up tomorrow(Saturday)am i ok to deliver it?Thanks.

Do as instructed by your manager

If the managers says just take the parcels, thats what we do. Our office is cleared everyday now everyone is back after their kids / partners *cough*. Each to their own.

I dont see why our office cant deliver the mail but i'm happy to not take out mail as instructed. Monday will be busier but that will be their problem.....o/t or cut-off.

Yes or No.

02 May 2020, 07:32

We're an office that has been clearing every day, no CV sick absences and we've never lost the Amazon contract so have always had high numbers of parcels, so I was expecting it to just be business as usual today... just heard from my DOM saying I can take today as AL if I want as there's no work for me.

Yes or No.

02 May 2020, 12:08

Route1 wrote:
Southern_Postie wrote:There is zero backlog in our office,all gets cleared everyday,what i want to know is IF any mail turns up tomorrow(Saturday)am i ok to deliver it?Thanks.

If the managers says just take the parcels, thats what we do. Our office is cleared everyday now everyone is back after their kids / partners *cough*. Each to their own.

I dont see why our office cant deliver the mail but i'm happy to not take out mail as instructed. Monday will be busier but that will be their problem.....o/t or cut-off.

Yes Monday will be busier but in the temp agreement NO overtime on a Saturday or Monday. Which means more back log of mail during the week. No mail to be delivered on Friday of this week as it's a holiday and they want no mail to be delivered every Saturday. I would say the following Monday will be utterly busy. This company doesn't know what it's doing from one day to the next.

Yes or No.

02 May 2020, 12:55

Duesouth wrote:
Route1 wrote:

Yes Monday will be busier but in the temp agreement NO overtime on a Saturday or Monday. Which means more back log of mail during the week. No mail to be delivered on Friday of this week as it's a holiday and they want no mail to be delivered every Saturday. I would say the following Monday will be utterly busy. This company doesn't know what it's doing from one day to the next.

Totally correct but let that be your manager's concern. Turn up, Work your time, Load what you can onto a trolley, Follow all H&S procedures, No rushing around like a loon, Follow cutting off procedure, Go home. Repeat.

Take a notebook/diary with you and have it ready at every interaction with your manager and if they give you grief make extensive notes right in front of them. Keep your cool. I know that is easier said than done but just try to stay relaxed.

Yes or No.

02 May 2020, 19:49

Southern_Postie wrote:Cheers for the replies but i could do with a definitive 'yes or no' from somebody within the Union,last thing i want is to be arguing with the Manager tomorrow morning.

Essentially the answer is no.

The USO has been temporarily suspended for Sat letter deliveries for 6 weeks with OFCOM and Gov approval.

So your manager has the legal right to tell you to leave the mail, it is a reasonable request as they have been allowed to do so by regulator. If they want you to take it then take it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1