not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 16:51

Just been told by our manager that next week we will be lapsing every day and if you return early from your delivery you will be asked to go back out what a heartless un caring employer we work for profits before our safety all of us just want to get this job done so we can get home to our families at the moment most of us are missing our breaks, being flexible without start times so not so many are in the office at any one time parcels are almost at peak levels similar to Christmas people are dying with this terrible virus and they treat us like muck it’s about time the press media started to report this employer and how it treats its key workers

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 17:20

The answers simple don't come back early, take your time, he only wants you lapsing to get a bigger bonus, its time to start looking yourself.

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 17:26

Just take your time on delivery, waddle about. Chat to your customers. If they want you to lapse then just do that. It's not hard is it?

What other workplace would still let their employees finish 2 hours early everyday while 30% of the population is unemployed? I tell you not a single one would so dont complain I think some posties dont understand how lucky you are to have the job you have in the current situation

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 18:11

Time for people to wake up - job and finish is OVER, rush about trying to get done early and you will just be given MORE WORK. Work at a normal and safe pace and finish on time by using the cutting off procedure if you’ve got too much.

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 18:22

Don’t think the post was just about getting away early,it’s about doing your job and going home safe. Surely nobody wants to waddle about chatting to everyone. It’s a dangerous time the bosses don’t give a toss and anybody in their right mind wouldn’t want to be in harms way any longer than they have to. We either treat the situation seriously or we don’t.

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 18:22

If you have the time then you lapse if you don’t then you don’t.

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 18:29

lillywhite wrote:Don’t think the post was just about getting away early,it’s about doing your job and going home safe. Surely nobody wants to waddle about chatting to everyone. It’s a dangerous time the bosses don’t give a toss and anybody in their right mind wouldn’t want to be in harms way any longer than they have to. We either treat the situation seriously or we don’t.

If your not getting away early then obviously you can't lapse

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 18:37

Some parasites have been putting over 50 hours overtime in as they been finishing before 10am now they are blarting as they have been told to carry more of other duties lol sad bastards

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 19:59

bishopoflove wrote:The answers simple don't come back early, take your time, he only wants you lapsing to get a bigger bonus, its time to start looking yourself.

Exactly!, it really isn’t rocket science this issue of lapsing,simply take it if you think you have time to do it,finish on time,and let someone who’s done and back early take it out,that’s if you have the luxury of having a manager that’s at the office to manage that,and quote “as directed “

Lapsing

26 Apr 2020, 20:02

Intercityfirm1970 wrote:Some parasites have been putting over 50 hours overtime in as they been finishing before 10am now they are blarting as they have been told to carry more of other duties lol sad bastards

Mmmmm the words reap and sow come to mind,

Lapsing

27 Apr 2020, 19:29

How many more times have we got to go through this, do your walk, do lapsing if you have time and for goodness sake have a break.

Lapsing

27 Apr 2020, 23:35

frankieboy wrote:How many more times have we got to go through this, do your walk, do lapsing if you have time and for goodness sake have a break.

If only it was this simple.

Postie: 'I cannot take lapsing'....or....'I cannot take all my round as it's a heavy day'.

Manager: 'ok, no worries my dear Postie friend, this is no problem, just do what you can young sir and have a wonderful day'.

When has it ever worked like this?

9 times out of 10 an argument ensues for 5 to 10 minutes.

'So and so Postie can deliver all this post, no problem, post is down, we need to look at your performance, look there are gaps in your frame with no post' (manager pointing at flats which would take seconds to deliver to anyway as you walk right past those properties when you climb to the top floor).

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1